Random ROE in mission editor - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
TheTrooper

Default Random ROE in mission editor

Hi all, so I have a few questions around what I’m trying to do in mission Editor.

Scenario: intercept a couple of bandits though no idea about their intentions. They could be hostile immediately or we merge and end up fighting without a shot being fired. If they are not hostile they will just bug out and objective complete. However after a random time they might actually engage then the mission becomes fire at will.

To achieve this there are a few factors to achieve.

1. Is it possible to randomise the ROE?
2. Is there a way force a unit/group to move to a waypoint after a random time one minimum 5 mins, maximum 10?
3. I can’t seem to find ROE as an action in triggers. Have I missed it or is there a work around?

Last edited by TheTrooper; 07-20-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo
TheTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

This can easily be accomplished with triggers. I’ll send ya a mix with examples when I get home here in a bit.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
Knock-Knock

Ive actually just 'completed' such a Intercept mission / sandbox. Still fine tuning and I might post it eventually, in the more official channels.
Supports F-14, F-18, F-15, F-5 and Mirage.

Feel free to dissect it.
Attached Files
File Type: miz Ready Five - Late.miz (159.9 KB, 9 views)

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
Knock-Knock

I should probably add, that in the case of bombers and strikers, they have a single trigger zone attached to them (moving trigger). Enter this and it randomly chooses a flag value, each having a time pass. When the Flag value is met and time has passed, the given groups Advanced waypoint has a switch waypoint added (in my case, their DP (Last waypoint, a landing waypoint), which condition is a given flag true.
This goes for the fighters too, which also has a hostile trigger zone. Same concept, enter this zone and it randomly chooses a flag value, one of which triggers a flag, which the groups advanced waypoint ROE etc condition has a given flag true.

Quite simple really, just crazy trigger intensive setup, especially since I have multiple client planes.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |

Last edited by Knock-Knock; 07-20-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #5
TheTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
This can easily be accomplished with triggers. I’ll send ya a mix with examples when I get home here in a bit.

That would be great to see how you managed it
Old 07-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
TheTrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post

I had a look at your file. Damn, I'm lost. That is really intensive I don't know where to look as there's a lot going on there. I was wondering if you have a cut down version specifically for what's been talked about?

Last edited by TheTrooper; 07-20-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #7
Bunny Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrooper View Post
H
3. I can’t seem to find ROE as an action in triggers. Have I missed it or is there a work around?
You need to set it in the unit first as a triggered action - it's the tab that sorta looks like a quadcopter drone with the group selected. Add a Set Option - ROE task to the unit to change the ROE to whatever you like, then you trigger that action with an AI TASK PUSH action in a trigger. You can give a unit multiple triggered actions to set the ROE to different options, then activate whichever you like with different triggers.
Bunny Clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mission editor, randomise, roe