I am Impressed ...

Andy1966

So I flew the anti-shipping mission on the PG map. I zoomed in on the gunsight, I was in my dive to hit one of the ships and started firing my MG-131 and cannons, and gave a good 2 second burst and could see the heat waves from the hot gun barrels in the cowling. It was really freeking awesome! Well done all!:beer:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought the (is it new?) heat distortion was emanating from around the round's area of impact with the ground?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hi, no, this seemed to be from the guns, when I stopped firing, it slowly went away, say 3-5 seconds

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

It's the impact on water. It only appears to blur your cowling (and even cockpit interior and gunsight) because it's a 2D displacement effect that's done after the 3D render is complete, so it doesn't know what objects are in front of it.

It's pretty inappropriate as water splashes don't distort what's behind them. Makes aiming at anything in the water impossible after the first rounds hit. (The splashes seem way too big as well but at least they don't blur your gunsight.)

Anyway, not a 190 issue, gun and cannon rounds from any aircraft do it when they hit water. Hope it goes away next update, it's unrealistic and unhelpful.