Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes the ingame screens thin and much harder to read. (including the HUD)

Mine are fine...I do run 2560 x 1440 tho

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Can someone help me? Back in the day i used Helios but cannot remember squat now. All I want are the MFDs to be on my second screen on my left. The big screen is screen number one so it is the top left of the combined screens. Both are running at 1920x1080 so when i scale my resolution to 3840x1080 it splits the image like in my pic below even when flying. What am i doing wrong here??

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.1fff74142fc3dd5502a5d4658cda669e.jpg

ok i got that sorted by using the 2 screens monitor setup in DCS but now my MFDs arent showing up and i will need to resize them as I want to overlay my cougar Mfds over the images. HELP! :helpsmilie:

Look on the first post, troubleshooting. There you got everything you need to setup your viewports

Yes. It can be done.

You need to select all the ufc switches and buttons from inside the main panel and then copy all of them inside a new panel.

Probably youll need to copy the background part of the ufc using photoshop or something similar.

Right now i'm not at home.

When i come back next week i can prepare a ufc module alone.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help trouble shoot a problem? I'm trying to figure out why the ins and radar rotaries do not respond to the touch input? info is being sent to helios from dcs as they move when clicked in game? all the other switches and rotaries respond to touch input except these 2.

if there is a more appropriate place for this question please let me know and i can ask there, cheers

Action After Contemplation

can anyone help trouble shoot a problem? I'm trying to figure out why the ins and radar rotaries do not respond to the touch input? info is being sent to helios from dcs as they move when clicked in game? all the other switches and rotaries respond to touch input except these 2.

if there is a more appropriate place for this question please let me know and i can ask there, cheers

Update your export files with the latest one on my site.

Some weeks ago, ED changed the device number orders, and the radar, countermeasures etc, get affected.

I set this up when it first came out, but I know there have been several changes..

Has the first/original post by the Capt. Z been updated to reflect the current setup procedure? Not sure if I can find all the changes that have been made in this thread.. :book:

How 'stable' is the current setup? Have the changes settled down..

Just not sure if I should do this setup again now, or wait..

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I am also interested in getting this setup and have the same question. Thanks guys

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

HeavyTemlar33

For some reason, 7z does not work with CZ's rar file. However, Freecommander works fine.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

AMPCD lua file issue

In doing the update to both the DCS F18 and to CZ's F18 profile, I noticed that I had some additional wording in the AMPCD lua file. The language in bold/italics does not seem to be in the new updates and I don't know where or when I got it. Any ideas?

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/MDG_materials.lua")

opacity_sensitive_materials =

{

MDG_font_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI),

MDG_material_name(MDG_SELF_IDS.HI)

),

"MPD_DMC_OUTLINE",

"font_MPD_DMC_outline",

"font_MPD_DMC_main",

}

-- Parameters handling functions

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/InitParams.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

-- for test purposes HUD only added

purposes = {render_purpose.GENERAL}

, render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.8

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.5

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

------------------------ added by Capt Zeen

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

try_find_assigned_viewport("F18_AMPCD")

------------------------------------- end of added by Capt Zeen

-- Parameters to customize common symbology properties

writeParameter("MDG_init_specifics", LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/AMPCD/indicator/AMPCD_specifics.lua")

writeParameter("MDG_init_DEFAULT_LEVEL", 8)

-- page specific for the indicator, implements indicator border/FOV

BasePage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_base.lua"

-- Cautions/Advisories and MENU label

IndicatorSpecificPage = LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua"

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Pages/MPD/MPD_AdvisoriesDefs.lua")

dofile(LockOn_Options.script_path.."Multipurpose_Display_Group/Common/indicator/Common_init.lua")

-- for test purposes HUD only added

--ViewportHandling

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")

----------------------------------------------------------------------

local w = LockOn_Options.screen.width;

local h = LockOn_Options.screen.height;

if LockOn_Options.screen.oculus_rift then

local ui_x,ui_y,ui_w,ui_h = get_UIMainView()

w = ui_w;

h = ui_h;

end

local size = 0.5 * h

if size > h then

size = h

end

if size > 0.5 * w then

size = 0.5 * w

end

dedicated_viewport = {0.5 * w - 0.5 * size,h - size,size,size}

dedicated_viewport_arcade = dedicated_viewport

----------------------------------------------------------------------

--SHK DELETED NEXT LINE AS DUPLICATE FOR CAPT Z ABOVE

--try_find_assigned_viewport("CENTER_MFCD")

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Further thoughts on Post 245 above.

It appears that the additional language that is in bold/italic that appears in this lua file is from the latest update from DCS. When I used DCS's update for this file, but changed the viewport name to conform to my monitor config viewport name, the AMPCD screen appeared on my game screen and not on my Helios screen. So there appears to be a conflict between DCS's lua file and and my monitor config file as to the location for this screen.

OK... ED added ( 08/29/2018 ) the lines to export the AMPCD in his code, so we don't need anymore my extra lines. And they asigned the name "CENTER_MFCD" for that viewport.

Soooo.....You can use the actual ED code instead my code for the AMPCD ( we still need it for the IFEI, RWR and UFC )

If you use JSGME or other mod manager, delete the folder "Multipurpose_Display_Group" from Monitor configuration\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group in your mod manager files and activate it again.

And change the name of the viewport in your configuration file! replace "F18_AMPCD" by "CENTER_MFCD"

Edited by Capt Zeen