Allied AA that works? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 04:17 PM   #11
Wolf8312

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstyle View Post
Great, so the same old problem we've had in the past with other titles, where mission makers had to use German AA guns for Allied AA defence, becasue the developer saw fit to NOT provide working allied AA.

I know the german 88mm was FAMOUS, and that we've all heard storeis about how dangerous German flak was, but the allies had plenty of the stuff too, and it was also very dangerous.

Grrr...

Yes have to respectfully agree its really more than a little annoying (considering I had to buy the asset pack to get these assets) that for the allies there is only the AAA 40mm Boffers, and it often doesent fire and has no tracer so you even cant see it firing especially at night.

I guess I will switch to German guns too.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H,1080Ti OC edition, i7-8770k 5ghz, 1 T SSD, 16GB DDR4 3200, HTC VIVE, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, Gametrix JETSEAT, Voice attack
Wolf8312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #12
Zimmerdylan

Yup.....flack is a bust. Also the armor that takes direct hits from A10 rockets and suffers almost no damage. Aircraft that never flies right, and no enemy assets to speak of outside of indistructable tanks. Assets pack is the biggest disappointment that I have ever purchased from ED, or any of it's 3rd party devs.
Gives me pause to purchase new stuff until it's complete.
Zimmerdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #13
DD_Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
Yup.....flack is a bust.
Correction: the 40mm bofors is sub-par; everything else, including the landing ships seem quite effective.

Quote:
Also the armor that takes direct hits from A10 rockets and suffers almost no damage.
If you're using HE rockets, then your surprise seems, well.... surprising.

Quote:
Aircraft that never flies right
AI are a bit OP but if you engage them in equal numbers with a height advantage then they're managable. Otherwise the player FMs are endorsed by people who have flown the real aircraft so....

Quote:
and no enemy assets to speak of outside of indistructable tanks.
• Jeep Willys
• Truck CCKW 353
• Bedford MWD
• Kübelwagen 82
• Truck Blitz 36-6700A
• Sd.Kfz. 251 Hanomag
• Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad
• Horch staff car
• M2A1/M3 halftrack
• Sd.Kfz. 7 artillery tractor
• DRG Class 86 locomotive
• Tank wagon
• G10 covered wagon
• DR 50 Ton Flat Wagon Type SSys
• Bofors 40 mm gun
• 8.8 cm Flak 18, 36, & 37
• 2 cm Flak 30
• 2 cm Flak 38 Flakvierling
• US soldier
• Commonwealth soldier
• German soldier

All these are destructible with the guns of the DCS WW2 fighter aircraft modules.

Quote:
Assets pack is the biggest disappointment that I have ever purchased from ED, or any of it's 3rd party devs.
Gives me pause to purchase new stuff until it's complete.
Well, that's a hasty decision as it's not yet finished. We're getting further AI aircraft more appropriate to the era which will expand the mission types we can engage in.

The M13 artillery piece was not announced as a coming asset but has landed in the Open Beta nonetheless - which is a hopeful sign as I personally think there's a lack of field gun artillery types and would like to see the asset pack expanded in this regard.

I would also like to see mobile AAA (half-track mounted guns would be a boon for both sides) and some fuel bowser vehicles are absent. If I'm really stretching then the addition some static assets to be able to construct the Mulberry harbours would be cool.

Otherwise it's playable, enjoyable if a little limited currently but within the coming weeks the Spitty is getting bombs and drop tanks so that will help.

Last edited by DD_Fenrir; 06-15-2018 at 12:04 PM.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #14
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_Fenrir View Post
Otherwise it's playable, enjoyable if a little limited currently but within the coming weeks the Sitty is getting bombs and drop tanks so that will help.

Did you miss out an "h" there Fenrir?
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
DD_Fenrir

LoL! Thanks Phil. My own personal spell checker.
DD_Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote