Lighting problems in DCS 2.5

escaner

Thanks for the replies.

My gamma was 1.9 and raised it to 2.1 or 2.2 because I could not see at night. The whole map is pitch dark and town illumination is barely visible but that is a different bug.

I guess I never tried the A-10C in V2.2 at night.

Has this bug already been reported?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At night in VR with DS on, there's a lot of bugs, like the cockpit lighnings in most of the plane, the refueling light of the M2K lightning the front right panel, etc.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I have my gamma at 2.5 and the taxi light and flood lights still do nothing, they are on, but barely, funny thing is looking outside while flying at night the cities, street lights etc all look fine. I am hoping they come up with a fix

Yes, I think there's obviously something wrong with internal cockpit lighting in most modules when deferred shading is turned on.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I have noticed the problem with the flood lights in the A-10, they seem to do little more than slightly illuminate the canopy handle :P

I have heard that turning deferred lighting off can solve this but haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

Edited by The Integrator
  • Like 1

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

I have heard that turning deferred lighting off can solve this but haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

I was testing disabling deferred shading, came back to post my findings and I read this. :lol:

There you go...

attachment.php?attachmentid=177546&stc=1&d=1517596518

attachment.php?attachmentid=177547&stc=1&d=1517596518

attachment.php?attachmentid=177548&stc=1&d=1517596545

attachment.php?attachmentid=177549&stc=1&d=1517596545

attachment.php?attachmentid=177550&stc=1&d=1517596564

attachment.php?attachmentid=177551&stc=1&d=1517596564

Screen_180202_184513.thumb.png.125a3944415281da6db4b83850cf22ae.png

Screen_180202_185045.thumb.png.065965c547736de5fcfa4099ca126685.png

Screen_180202_185726.thumb.png.971fbbafda74bc12790cbfba7e7f597b.png

Screen_180202_185430.thumb.png.7d7811c04558cf8e3bf02db7a8d7f4aa.png

Screen_180202_190623.thumb.png.b50a1bccebe9598fd54265ab85fa829e.png

Screen_180202_191050.thumb.png.2207436a2142deb56b4c992e50e5ab33.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Obviously monitor technology type and calibration and settings are also a factor that would make gamma settings ingame inconsisten across different people here.

I hope all this lighting and color be standardized more in the future with one good common monitor technology for PC gaming with proper user calibration capabilities and 12 bit WCG and HDR, and be done with it.

I think it's a gimmick that the industry is going with 10-bit HDR only first, it's just about snail-pace upgrades they do to keep charging a premium each cycle, meh.

That would fix everything on the HW client side, and then it's up to the OS and drivers and the game.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 months later...

I do not know much about programming, but could It Be a solution to have deferred shading setting splitted between environmental graphics and cockpit graphics? So that we Can set It on for What we see outsider the window and off for the graphics inside the cockpit?

Hi ED, I'd like some focus here too.

It's not "just" lighting. Things like IR beams are invisible at night (invisible, not "hard to see")

Switching to legacy HDR solves some of it but you get weird ground textures in Caucasus and tracer fire suddenly becomes invisible (not "hard to see")

It's been quite some time we have been in this place where the dark is too dark and gamma needs put right up, and light is too light and needs gamma turned right down, and it affects all the screens and MFD's, like TPOD in Harrier being hard to use with DS. Not to mention the relative advantages of both in nighttime and daytime with different components like tracer fire, FLIR, texturing just being at odds.

I think we want this to be changed so that it universally works, please, but I haven't heard too much in updates about any effort or recognition that it is not working as intended. So I'm unsure how seriously ED view it. Wags won't even do a night run in the Hornet to show it's lighting.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I was testing disabling deferred shading, came back to post my findings and I read this. :lol:

There you go...

And there we are again with the deferred shading....

And those are not even the worst cockpits...

The Mig-21, among others, is barely usable with DS on at dusk/night..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I would imagine that we won't be waiting long for a resolution on this, since they only have one standard to work with now that 'no deferred shading mode' has been cut from the sim. I know there are mixed feelings about this, but I equate it to Microsoft doing away with the old 16bit components in Win10. It hurt some people that had legacy hardware, but what an improvement in the SDLC.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

ED mentioned on RU side they're working on it, but there's no magic fix for all cockpits and they will be fixed gradually, one-by-one. So we'd need to yet again stock up on the patience.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Yes, but you need to work the text a bit to see it. The last news letter shows that they are working on, and have already improved, the night lighting. However it also says that they are specifically working on Hormuz map first and then will extend the results to other maps.

So you can infer that the statement reads that they are working on night lighting on Hormuz first and also it's an ongoing process. This stuff happens slowly as history shows us.

Hi

The latest 2.5.1 openbeta doesn't seem to fix anything about these night lightning problems.

Any statement from ED about this ?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I would imagine that we won't be waiting long for a resolution on this, since they only have one standard to work with now that 'no deferred shading mode' has been cut from the sim. I know there are mixed feelings about this, but I equate it to Microsoft doing away with the old 16bit components in Win10. It hurt some people that had legacy hardware, but what an improvement in the SDLC.

ED mentioned on RU side they're working on it, but there's no magic fix for all cockpits and they will be fixed gradually, one-by-one. So we'd need to yet again stock up on the patience.

I'll buy that cockpit interiors may need to be fixed on an airframe by airframe basis because clearly, night time artwork and effects are specific to each jet, but the way in which the world at night at large is rendered should, to my way of thinking, be universal. A streetlight in Dubai should do the same thing if it's "transplanted" to Nevada or Russia. A light in a window should give off the same illumination regardless of location, eh?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I'll buy that cockpit interiors may need to be fixed on an airframe by airframe basis because clearly, night time artwork and effects are specific to each jet, but the way in which the world at night at large is rendered should, to my way of thinking, be universal. A streetlight in Dubai should do the same thing if it's "transplanted" to Nevada or Russia. A light in a window should give off the same illumination regardless of location, eh?

Also my thinking....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals