C-101 update

Vibora

4 minutes ago, paco2002 said:

No limit of time for that engine mode

The manual (page 119) states that the Manual Power Reserve mode is not to be used for more than 5 minutes. It increases power from 4,304 lb to 4,700 lb, a 9% increase.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

35 minutes ago, paco2002 said:

In case you are heavy with bombs, I recommend you to use the MPR switch to give your engine an extra boost on takeoff. No limit of time for that engine mode, but you will consume more fuel

Oh I'll definitely try that , I'm using the whole runway just to get airborne, thing is,  I'm with in the maximum weight restrictions on load out screen so , not sure what's going on.

Tried making a track but it's broken dcs crash.

I guess after the update. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

31 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The manual (page 119) states that the Manual Power Reserve mode is not to be used for more than 5 minutes. It increases power from 4,304 lb to 4,700 lb, a 9% increase.

Aye, I saw this as well.

That said, in game you can run MPR until you run out of fuel. At least it used to be this way. I have been keeping myself honest and only using it during takeoff/climb, but I know you could run it forever before.

I guess I have not tried it the last few updates.

• Like 2

Ryzen7 5800X3D - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MAX - 64Gb 3600MHz DDR4 - RX 6950 XT - SoundBlaster -Z

34 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

That will be enough to get me airborne. Thanks for all the input. 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

1 hour ago, KoN said:

I'm using the whole runway just to get airborne, thing is,  I'm with in the maximum weight restrictions on load out screen so , not sure what's going on.

Can you upload the mission instead of the track?

The maximum takeoff weight is an aircraft limit. If the jet is any heavier than that, you risk breaking it during taxi and/or takeoff.

This MTOW in no way, shape or form tells you anything about takeoff performance, or whether the runway is long enough.

The same runway may well be long enough to allow for a good takeoff roll on a cold day, but may just barely allow to get airborne on a hot summer day.

For all we know, you might be taking off with a solid 40 knot tailwind and even a light Viper on full AB might struggle to get airborne under these circumstances. Unless we know more about the situation at hand, mentioning that your jet is literally not heavy enough to break down under its own weight doesn't really tell us anything beyond just that. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Can you upload the mission instead of the track?

The maximum takeoff weight is an aircraft limit. If the jet is any heavier than that, you risk breaking it during taxi and/or takeoff.

This MTOW in no way, shape or form tells you anything about takeoff performance, or whether the runway is long enough.

The same runway may well be long enough to allow for a good takeoff roll on a cold day, but may just barely allow to get airborne on a hot summer day.

For all we know, you might be taking off with a solid 40 knot tailwind and even a light Viper on full AB might struggle to get airborne under these circumstances. Unless we know more about the situation at hand, mentioning that your jet is literally not heavy enough to break down under its own weight doesn't really tell us anything beyond just that. 😉

This is a Enigma online server with multiplayer and 70 players . 

Getting the mission won't be possible.

I'll test using different weapons loadout ,  Go lighter .

I'll try make track As the update broke last one . 

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

15 hours ago, KoN said:

I'll try make track As the update broke last one . 

It's okay to upload the track here, no need to send it to me via PM.

In the track, the C-101CC is loaded with 2 Mk-82s and two big rocket pods. I haven't checked any performance charts or documents, but taking off from Anapa on a circa 9,000 ft runway with a light head wind at -4°C is apparently just barely within the jet's capabilities. Your takeoff looked fine to me, the jet is just heeeeavy, and it isn't exactly overpowered with its engine.

Looks pretty legit to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

It's okay to upload the track here, no need to send it to me via PM.

In the track, the C-101CC is loaded with 2 Mk-82s and two big rocket pods. I haven't checked any performance charts or documents, but taking off from Anapa on a circa 9,000 ft runway with a light head wind at -4°C is apparently just barely within the jet's capabilities. Your takeoff looked fine to me, the jet is just heeeeavy, and it isn't exactly overpowered with its engine.

Looks pretty legit to me.

Thank you for all your responses back to me , I've learnt that this model is pretty dam good and the attention to detail from your team is welcomed. The cold snow climate really did hamper the capabilities of the airframe . Never even knew this was modelled into the module. At one point my engine dies shortly after taking off , I'm guessing due to poor weather and not having anti ice engaged. 

Now I've lighten the load out and I'll keep an eye on the weather ☁️ lol . 

• Like 2

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

14 hours ago, KoN said:

and the attention to detail from your team is welcomed

Just to be clear, I don't belong to Aviodev, I'm just a Closed Beta Tester for Eagle Dynamics. 😉

14 hours ago, KoN said:

The cold snow climate really did hamper the capabilities of the airframe

It might reduce engine performance; Engine Anti Ice will certainly take some power away from the thrust generated by the engine. As far as aerodynamics are concerned, cold weather is actually beneficial. It's hot and high conditions (high temperatures, high elevation) that really screw with the lift generated by the wings. If you try the same mission in the summer at 30° or maybe even 40° C, I have a feeling the aircraft might not even get airborne.

Then again, there's a chance that DCS (or the C-101 in particular) might model icing, as in the accumulation of ice on the wings (wreaks havoc on lift) and on the fuselage (not so much a concern regarding lift, but certainly adds even more weight). There's no visual icing effect, but maybe ice build-up is taken into account by the flight model?

Edited by Yurgon
Typo
  • Like 2

В 01.12.2019 в 15:11, Vibora сказал:

We have ice accretion implemented in our simulation. This will happen when the a/c is exposed to icing conditions (temperatures, OAT or TAT during flight, lower than 10 ºC and present moisture).

If you are flying for long time at a TAT a bit lower than 10 ºC without anti-ice on, ice will accumulate in the engine fan blades, which can cause an engine stall or flameout. You'll have to be careful with the throttle avoiding abrupt power changes, if you are careful you'll be able to continue the flight. If you switch on the engine anti-ice switch, ice will disappear after a while.

At very low temperatures, ice will accumulate rapidly and the icing symptoms will appear in the engine in a few minutes.

Always, when under icing conditions, you should switch on engine anti-ice and ignition continuous.