M.C.G.M.-Massive Combat Game Mode (SP/CO-OP) Persian Gulf

20180708 - Reuploaded fixed issues with campaign not saving over and campaign ending early!!

UPDATE V0.4 IS OUT 2018-07-02. Save Game Function is now in. Now its a Dynamic Campaign

Quick Description: This is a dynamic campaign to capture the island from a well equipped and dug in opposing force. You will be the commander of your forces in the area of operations. You will have the ability to upgrade your bases, attack enemy bases, deploy ground troops, deploy Cas or Cap flights and much more all while the enemy is defending and attacking you. As the commander you have to not only know the battlefield and what the enemy is doing but you have to keep an eye and mange your logistics. This is your battle you make the plans and call the shots.

M.C.G.M.- Massive Combat Game Mode by A Hamburgler: is a SP/MP dynamic campaign for DCS. This campaign is still WIP and is not feature complete. The save game feature is now in and will allow you to save your progress on mission exit. Every thing will be transferred over to the next mission including destroyed objects. Each time you exit and come back there is a chance of random weather. In this early version only A part of the map is playable. This include Al Dhafra, AL Maktoum, Sharjah Intl, and Fujairah Int airbases. The whole map will eventually be playable.

Quick Feature List:

-Player is the commander of the forces in the area

-Ability to save your mission progress for both MP and SP

-Ability to upgrade bases with better defense

-Ability to deploy cap and cas missions

-Ability to deploy all different types of weapon systems, ground troops, and air units

-Ability to call in resupplys for bases

-Enemy will attack and try and capture your bases

-Enemy will deploy cap and cas mission to try and stop you

-Enemy EWR networks

-Ground troops will automatically engaged and move to each other

-Friendly and enemy artillery will automatically engage

-Randomly placed base defenses

-Random weather

-Only ground troops can capture a base

-Combined Arms friendly (Is recommend but Not required will help with commanding troops)

-Multiple aircraft to choose from A10c, AV8B, F15c, M-2000c, F18, Viggen, Ka-50, Mi-8 and UH-1H

-Sp/MP version (Only difference is the SP version you have ai wingmen)

Quick How to play:

Friendly Bases: Your base and captured bases is the hub of it all. Each base has resources that range from 0-500. Deploying defenses or deploying attack forces will all decrease you resources. To get more resources you need to call in for a resupply. When a resupply is called a C17 will be inbound. Once the C17 has landed your base will be resupplied back to 500. Keep and eye on your resources for each base at all times and keep your bases defensed incase of an attack.

Enemy Bases:

The enemy bases are well equipped and well defended. To capture and enemy base all ground oppositions must be eliminated and friendly ground troops much be present.

F10 Menu Options:

This is where everything is centered around. This is where you make all the calls. When you bring up your communication menu you will have an option called F10 Other click on it.

Below is a list of all F10 Options and their functions.

• Alpha Zone Command = This refers to the first section of enemy bases
    • A list of bases that are in Alpha Command will be presented. This will be the base you are operating from or want to deploy from or upgrade
      • Deployment = Refers to anything to do with friendly units attacking
        • Locations = will have other bases here to choose from. Once chosen your next options will attack this base
          • CAS = will have different type of CAS options
            • CAP = will have different types of CAP options
              • Ground Troops = will have different types of ground units. When deployed to your selected base they will be spawned close to that base so you don’t have to wait 45 minutes for them to travel.
                • Cancel attack = will remove all ground troops attacking the selected base above

[*]Defenses = refers with anything to do with defending your bases

• Static = 2 types of static. You have Air defenses at the top of the list and ground defenses at the bottom. Both types will automatically engaged when enemy’s are in range
        • Remove = will remove all static defenses from the selected base above

• Troops = will have different types of ground units to choose from to defend the base you selected above
        • Remove = will remove all ground troops defending the selected base above

• Resources = will tell you the resources of the selected base

• H.Q. = This refers to your main off map HQ
    • - Locations = All Bases will be presented. Once selected a resupply will be on its way to that base

Mission Change Log:

V0.4

-Added Save Game function to save your mission progress

-Added Random weather

-Added the Viggen, Ka-50 and Mi-8

-Added Main Base resources

-Added tankers and awacs

-Added custom Kneebords

-Carrier ships now patrol

-You can now spawn as many Cap and Cas jets as you want

-Ability to change Cas target location

-Bug fixes

-Much more cant think

V0.3

-Rewrote, cleaned up, and optimized all scripts

-Added FA-18C

-Added new carrier Cas and Cap options in the menu

-Added CAS F15E in the menu

-Added notifications of which bases are being attacked every 60 seconds if any attacks are going on

-Rewrote how the Ai ground units spawn so they will no longer spawn on top of buildings or too close to map objects

-Rewrote how the ground troops engage each other. They should no longer get stuck in building because they should mostly use roads now

-Enemy counter attacks more random

-Enemy counter attacks get harder and harder as you progress as do there defenses

-Lots more fixes and features have been added over the weeks just cant think of them

V0.2:

-Rewrote, cleaned up, and optimized all scripts

-Moved starting AO to the other end of the map

-removed slot blocker script (for now) due to starting base is big enough for lots of slots

-All SAM sites are not functioning and engaging the enemy like they should be

-Ground troops now target and move to each others location. This eliminates the chances of them moving away from each or not engaging for a while

-All friendly CAS and CAP missions will now correctly RTB

-Cleaned up the F10 menu options a lot

-You can now spawn an EWR at each base for 500 resources. This will also add a squadron to your base that will automatically defend it

-You can now spawn ground troops to any of your bases to defend it

-You can now remove ground troops and static defenses from your bases. You will get resources back from this

-You can now spawn your attack force by each unit you would like to have instead of it being a pre set attack unit

-You can now cancel a current attack

-Reworked and changed the whole layout of the F10 options

-changed game values around

-change how and when the enemy Ai sends fights up

-Added helicopter roles

-Added M-2000c roles

-Lots more changes and bug fixes can’t remember all off them

V0.1:

-initial release

Current Work for V0.5:

ToDo: V0.5

-Allow deployment of FOBs by player and AI with helicopter

-FOBs will then allow you to deploy troops to the combat zone otherwise you can not until they are deployed

-FOBs will have their own Recourses

-MedEvac Missions for helis

-Start Dialog to set campaign settings

-Stability and bug fixes

ToDo: V0.6

-All Maps

-Stability and bug fixes

Known Issues:

-In Flight Options in the F10 menu killed flights do not get removed from list (workaround just select that group and hit RTB and that group should be removed)

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/AHamburgler/M.C.G.M.-Massive-Combat-Game-Mode/releases/tag/MCGM Please read the Read ME file on how to install this mission.

Any feedback and bug reporting is welcome along with suggestions to make this mission better for you and the community!!

Credits: Would not be possible without

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist),

MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework ,

MBots Dynamic Campaign Engine for the idea of using external scripting to save data,

And

The DCS Community!!

Edited by A Hamburgler

This sounds fantastic!

I'm going to d/l and check it out later today.

Thanks for the effort and sharing!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

This sounds fantastic!

I'm going to d/l and check it out later today.

Thanks for the effort and sharing!

No problem I’m currently working on a system that will transfer you data over between missions so you can leave and come back to pick up where you left off.

No problem I’m currently working on a system that will transfer you data over between missions so you can leave and come back to pick up where you left off.
Being able to save data/flags and read in following missions has been a wishlist item of mine for ages. If/when you get this working, is it something you'd be willing/able to share with the community?

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Love It! Great Mission!

a Couple of questions...

With EWR you get "awacs" calls?

The resupply its unlimited?

Thanks for the reply but In the future I will be adding AWACS as a deployment option. Yes the resupply s are unlimited as of right now I’ll be adding a Main HQ Resources function in the next update. This new feature will be the Main HQ Resources these Resources you don’t have control of and will resupply over time slowly. With those resources you can deploy AWACS and the base resupply C17s.

• 2 weeks later...

Played for 2 hours already, Air Battle seems to work good, The Resupply to Al Dhaffra also worked like a charm, the Base Defense seems a bit lacking,

I stationed a Bradley Squad and a MBT A1 Squad at Al Dhafra, The Bradleys stay on the wrong side of the Airfield not reacting to Attack from the Red MBTs as it seems, and my Abrams hide behind my Airfield buildings trying to shoot through, but wrecking my Airport instead. see Picture.

PS: Attack is still in progress, but i have to pause and go sleep, then i will launch the ground pounder. Enormous fun for my weekend, thanks a lot!

Edit: A few minutes later, my MBT proceeded and stopped the HQ invasion:thumbup:

Screen.thumb.png.e39b675bf4c50bef68f08ef5c00e8126.png

Edited by Foss

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Played for 2 hours already, Air Battle seems to work good, The Resupply to Al Dhaffra also worked like a charm, the Base Defense seems a bit lacking,

I stationed a Bradley Squad and a MBT A1 Squad at Al Dhafra, The Bradleys stay on the wrong side of the Airfield not reacting to Attack from the Red MBTs as it seems, and my Abrams hide behind my Airfield buildings trying to shoot through, but wrecking my Airport instead. see Picture.

PS: Attack is still in progress, but i have to pause and go sleep, then i will launch the ground pounder. Enormous fun for my weekend, thanks a lot!

Edit: A few minutes later, my MBT proceeded and stopped the HQ invasion:thumbup:

Really glad you enjoyed that I’ll also look into the Bradley’s. But I got some good news you will no longer need to stay up late or leave your game running to finish the misssion. I created a function that saves the game so when you come back you will pick up where you left off. I made a thread for it as I will be releasing as a separate function when I’m done with it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213781

Really glad you enjoyed that I’ll also look into the Bradley’s. But I got some good news you will no longer need to stay up late or leave your game running to finish the misssion. I created a function that saves the game so when you come back you will pick up where you left off. I made a thread for it as I will be releasing as a separate function when I’m done with it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213781

No need to investigate ground troops, they're doing fine.

Bookmarked your Safe function Thread. Nice feature :thumbup:

Specs:

System: Asus Z170-E, I7 6700K, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX1070 8GB, 1TB M2 SSD + 2x 250GB SSD,TrackIR, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder

Modules: A-10C, KA-50, Mi-8, UH-1H, FC3, F5E, M2000, AJS37, AV8b, F18C

Awesome mission Hamburgler! I had an idea to to this kind of mission myself but you beat me to it. I might still do my own version of this "gametype".

A bugreport, though you might not have an idéa whats wrong. I played your mission v0.3 MP with a friend last night. Crashed DCS after ~30 minutes. Played again the SP version v0.3 and it crashed DCS within 20 minutes. :(

On another note, what of the mentioned "save state" feature? I'm much interested in the code of this, been wanting to have this kind of feature myself in some missions but don't know how to do this. Would you care to share?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

I think I found the crash problem and played last night for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I’ll release the save game function separate and give some documentation so you guys can use it. But the next version of this will include a dynamic campaign for single player. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3544770#post3544770

Edited by A Hamburgler

Just a passing comment, if you aren't paying enough attention and don't realise that the CV is sitting still it is very easy to end up overloading your aircraft with combat load out and going for a swim with a cat launch from the Stennis. May be worth either mentioning the limitation in the briefing or getting the CV group to steam at 20+ kts into the wind to make it a little more forgiving? Otherwise a lot of fun thank you.

Just a passing comment, if you aren't paying enough attention and don't realise that the CV is sitting still it is very easy to end up overloading your aircraft with combat load out and going for a swim with a cat launch from the Stennis. May be worth either mentioning the limitation in the briefing or getting the CV group to steam at 20+ kts into the wind to make it a little more forgiving? Otherwise a lot of fun thank you.

Already fixed in the new version. All the carriers patrol so they are moving.

Thanks for the mission, Hamburgler! I did, however, find some problems: after running it for a while, I started getting some mean slowdowns. Though I didn't really crash, my game started stuttering pretty bad. Checked RAM, I still had a bunch left (6+ GB) so I'm not sure what's causing this. If I had to guess, I'd say the sheer number of objects start to weigh in on the simulation since when I brought up the mission log I had to wait for a progress bar to finish before I could peek through it, something I'd never seen before.

Could you elaborate on how the AI deploys enemy fighters? I felt like they just popped into existence out of thin air sometimes. Overall a great experience, thanks again!

Thanks for the mission, Hamburgler! I did, however, find some problems: after running it for a while, I started getting some mean slowdowns. Though I didn't really crash, my game started stuttering pretty bad. Checked RAM, I still had a bunch left (6+ GB) so I'm not sure what's causing this. If I had to guess, I'd say the sheer number of objects start to weigh in on the simulation since when I brought up the mission log I had to wait for a progress bar to finish before I could peek through it, something I'd never seen before.

Could you elaborate on how the AI deploys enemy fighters? I felt like they just popped into existence out of thin air sometimes. Overall a great experience, thanks again!

In the new version since your progress is saved the mission will automatically end in 2 hours of playing to go to the next day or you can just exit yourself. But this should help with your problem because the mission will be refreshed. The enemy fighter were a place holder situation im actually working on my own code to deploy them in the mission.

Edited by A Hamburgler

I really like this, can you add the MI-8 and can there be a way to load troops and fly them to the destination using heli transport.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I really like this, can you add the MI-8 and can there be a way to load troops and fly them to the destination using heli transport.

Sure ill add the MI-8. I was writing some code for supply crates to be used with helicopters but since I don't have any helis I cant test it. So Ill look into troop loading and see if I can do it. Was thinking about buying the huey because its on sale don't know know tho.

Something called the CTLD menu works great for helicopters, loading troops, and slinging equipment. Since you are adding the MI-8 can you also add the KA-50 and the Viggen. If I knew anything about this stuff I would help but it is way over my head. This type of mission is what makes DCS a must have. Thanks

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Something called the CTLD menu works great for helicopters, loading troops, and slinging equipment. Since you are adding the MI-8 can you also add the KA-50 and the Viggen. If I knew anything about this stuff I would help but it is way over my head. This type of mission is what makes DCS a must have. Thanks

Added the KA-50 already and ill add the viggen now too.