Eastern Friendship - A CF-18 Single Player Mission by Sedlo

Eastern Friendship - A CF-18 Single Player Mission by Sedlo

Download link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300765/

BACKGROUND

This is a fictional, “what if”, scenario where Georgia had hurriedly joined NATO prior to the full scale Russian invasions of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.

USAF, USMC, Canadian and French air power has begun basing at airbases around Georgia proper, and have commenced defensive air operations. Currently, NATO air forces are cleared to operate within the territorial boundaries of Georgia, and are cleared to conduct strikes to support NATO ground forces within Georgian Airspace.

Last night, a Georgian armoury was attacked by Russian backed separatist guerillas, and a number of heavy weapons, including APCs, ZSU-23 Shilkas were stolen. Intelligence suspects that the stolen armour is heading east in order to escape into South Ossetia.

This hostile group is believed to be made up of South Ossetian Guerillas, Russian SPETZNAZ forces and defecting Georgian Army personnel.

Badger 1, a joint Canadian / Georgian convoy has been dispatched to locate the purloined equipment before these criminals can escape.

MISSION

You are the lead pilot of Colt 5 flight of 2 CF-18s based at Kutaisi Airbase in northern Georgia. Colt 5 is sitting alert ready to support NATO and Georgian ground forces. Rumour is that Badger 1 is hot on the tail of the stolen armour.

The weather is not great, a low overcast of 10000ft will keep close air support right in the heart of the AAA and MANPAD envelope. We have already lost 2 NATO aircraft to hostile fire, so make sure to employ liberal use of flares when flying in proximity to hostile forces.

[TABLE]COLT 5 CF-18 x 2 CAS ALERT 5

COLT 9 CF-18 x 2 CAS ALERT 15

FORD 1 M2000C x 2 AIRBORNE CAP

NIGHTMARE 4 CF-18 x 2 CAP ALERT 15

TEXACO CC-130 TANKER[/TABLE]

MISSION NOTES:

1. ATC communications in this mission are scripted - you do not need, and you should not use, the standard radio menu to contact ATC (taxi clearance should happen 15 seconds into the mission).

2. You can use the Radio Menu to give orders to your wingman, and to get information from MAGIC, but that is all that you'll require it for.

3. This mission requires you to fly to, and over, waypoint 2 on departure, plus fly to, and over, waypoint 5 upon returning to base.

4. This functionality of this mission's triggers and actions are dependent on you NOT CHANGING THE WEAPONS LOADOUT! Doing so may break your mission, and that sucks! I was originally planning on using AGM-65s and ZUNIs for this mission, but since this is not currently functional in Open Beta, they've been replaced by the MK-82 and Rockets.

5. DO NOT STRAY INTO RUSSIAN OR SOUTH OSSETIAN TERRITORY!

6. If you do make it back to base, keep in mind that you are in a combat zone and are expected to fly the overhead break to land. This way you keep your speed up as much as possible in case you are shot at. Plus it looks f'n cool!

7. If you liked the mission, let me know here in the forums! I'm always trying to improve my mission design, so constructive ideas are always welcome, too.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:

Voice overs kindly provided by:

TheHoneyBadger

T-Money

Spudknocker

Real World Comms used with permission from Mr. LazyG himself!

hrnttitle.jpg

Love your stuff, grabbing this now and I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Cheers.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Thanks, Forcavitale! I'll be adapting Vulcan Forge for the Hornet, likley sometime this summer.

In the meantime, I've got the Red Flag - CF-18 edition up and online in the users files section: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300770/

Loved your work for the harrier looking forward to try this out

Would love Vulcan Forge for the F-18 :-)

Thought I'd give you some feedback. Played the mission. Got my teeth kicked in by a MANPAD. Then completed it succesfully. The only complaint is one out of your control and that is the AI Wingman.

Enjoyed the mission. 5/7.

Yeah those mandpads were pain in the ass, managed to destroy the other one near the river but that one bastard just kept on firing at me when i strafed it with rockets and guns and dropped bomb directly on him. Managed to complete my mission and RTB with some unnecessary parts missing from my plane.

CmfYYrq.jpg

Streamling the jet! :-)

Yeah those mandpads were pain in the ass, managed to destroy the other one near the river but that one bastard just kept on firing at me when i strafed it with rockets and guns and dropped bomb directly on him. Managed to complete my mission and RTB with some unnecessary parts missing from my plane.

CmfYYrq.jpg

Thanks, umkhunto.... The AI is a bit wonky ATM, hopefully will be fixed soon.

Thought I'd give you some feedback. Played the mission. Got my teeth kicked in by a MANPAD. Then completed it succesfully. The only complaint is one out of your control and that is the AI Wingman.

Enjoyed the mission. 5/7.

If you guys liked this mission, I think you'll find the Red Flag one I posted yesterday to be interesting.

Love the mission so far, but can't get through it.

Too many MANPADS, too few flares. Run out of flares after the first 4 or 5 MANPAD launches, then I'm a sitting duck...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I've just updated the mission to give you more flares. My advice for the Manpads is to go in high for the first pass, then lots of speed through the subsequent passes.

Love the mission so far, but can't get through it.

Too many MANPADS, too few flares. Run out of flares after the first 4 or 5 MANPAD launches, then I'm a sitting duck...

Doesn't matter, I updated my loadout for more flares and still get hit every time. 10+ MANPAD launches, easily. I always hang out just below the clouds. Don't these guys run out of ammo?

Thanks for the hard work, but I don't have the patience to keep doing this. Until DCS gets a save game feature, at least! Not a negative on you, I just don't deal well with repeating the entire first part of the mission just to keep retrying the hard part.

There's also a thread on here somewhere saying we should have 120 flares, rather than a max of 60. I think that's getting fixed soon.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Testing a solution for you... A way to choose the level of difficulty at mission start. Won't eliminate all MANPADS, but most of them won't spawn if you choose the easier option.

Will post when it's online.

Doesn't matter, I updated my loadout for more flares and still get hit every time. 10+ MANPAD launches, easily. I always hang out just below the clouds. Don't these guys run out of ammo?

Thanks for the hard work, but I don't have the patience to keep doing this. Until DCS gets a save game feature, at least! Not a negative on you, I just don't deal well with repeating the entire first part of the mission just to keep retrying the hard part.

There's also a thread on here somewhere saying we should have 120 flares, rather than a max of 60. I think that's getting fixed soon.

Version 1.4 now active on the users files area!

Version 1.4 adds an option to choose the level of difficulty for target air defenses. Select this via the RADIO MENU / F10 Option.

YOU MUST CHOOSE THE "MORE DIFFICULT" OR "EASIER" OPTIONS AT MISSION START!

DOWNLOAD: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300765/

Wow, super cool - thx! I didn’t expect my random complaining to be taken seriously lol!

The mission feels much better now. Great improvement with allowing to chose the difficulty. At least now it doesn't feel like the 10 MANPADs are waiting for you. :) I still had 1 or 2 lobbed at me, fortunately defended successfully. Wingie ate one unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you supposed to eliminate the manpads? I'm on the easier mission difficulty, however I can't seem to get a second pass in, the MK82's need altitude and anytime I climb = boom

I can't even see where they are launching from.

(semi newbie btw)