OT It has arrived

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

OMG, I got new replacement pc on saturday and my new alienware Aurora 7500 has just arrived. It looks so sweeeet, but its the size of a bus. Sorry if it seems that i am gloating but this thing is cool all i gotta do now is set it up and see how long it takes me to break something :P. so now i got brand new athlon 3 gig 64 pc with 6800gt and 1 gig ram, and this beauty which is a 4.4 dualcore with sli 7800gtx's and 2 gig corsair extreme LL ram. It feels like xmas all over again. so today am gonna install lomac and see how far I can take her with full settings, this gonna be extreme fun.......

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i cudnt say as of yet, but as lomac dont support dual core properly it probly wont be that good for lomac, but i tried il2 pf and it wipes that :D also bf2 and hl2 so far, just a quick game of each and compared to my old 2.8,6800gt,1gb ram it eats that thing up and spits it out, i cudnt tell you what my new 3gig pc does, cuz the same day i got it 6800gt fan died and card is now out of pc awaiting a replacement and also all these haters out there who say ah waste of money, they would be the first ppl to get one if they could afford it, not saying i am rich but many jealous ppl are out there saying this and that and all it boils down to is jealousy. as i say they would be the first one to get a highend pc but they start hateing on the ppl who got one already just cuz they havent, nuff said

and for everyones info, this pc was bought on credit, buy now pay 12 months interest free, and if you want to pay another £2000 u can take it over 4 years, to me £2500 isnt that much spread over 1 year considering cars are way over that

Hmmn . . . . I count twelve items of punctuation in that post.

Ah, isn't life wonderful being a grammar nazi . . . . I'm not even going to start on the spelling :p

The thing I most want at the moment is a more powerful CPU - deal with all the units floating around more easily. It'd be nice, but at the moment a new CPU and mobo are out of the question - besides, I can play Lomac reasonably enough on a P4 2.8 as it is.

Not all criticism comes from jealousy ;)

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Hmmn . . . . I count twelve items of punctuation in that post.

Ah, isn't life wonderful being a grammar nazi . . . . I'm not even going to start on the spelling :p

The thing I most want at the moment is a more powerful CPU - deal with all the units floating around more easily. It'd be nice, but at the moment a new CPU and mobo are out of the question - besides, I can play Lomac reasonably enough on a P4 2.8 as it is.

Not all criticism comes from jealousy ;)

true, but some of the stuff ive heard is lame, you were only critisisin my spellin, which is ok by me cuz i know it sux :P, the reason i got pc was so that encodeing would speed up, ok games were there in my mind aswell but not as much as other stuff cuz games only takes up 10-20% of my pc time rest is doing other stuff. but as i say you werent saying ah u wasted your money why did u get that when there is no need for it etc etc and then you see the same ppl/person on other forums saying when i get money am gonna buy this and that and this and basically what they say they are gonna buy works out dearer or same price as this one. :icon_roll

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
just enjoy your system evil , i was happy as hell when i got mine......well done =happy gaming

Thank you, kind words much appreaciated ;)

OMG, I got new replacement pc on saturday and my new alienware Aurora 7500 has just arrived. It looks so sweeeet, but its the size of a bus. Sorry if it seems that i am gloating but this thing is cool all i gotta do now is set it up and see how long it takes me to break something :P. so now i got brand new athlon 3 gig 64 pc with 6800gt and 1 gig ram, and this beauty which is a 4.4 dualcore with sli 7800gtx's and 2 gig corsair extreme LL ram. It feels like xmas all over again. so today am gonna install lomac and see how far I can take her with full settings, this gonna be extreme fun.......

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

wow :) Nice one m8, congrats! Can we see a pickture of your monster machine?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
wow :) Nice one m8, congrats! Can we see a pickture of your monster machine?

rgr, gimme time to install pda software to pc and then install pda cam software to pda, i will do it today/tomorrow, will post pics then, cam not best tho but i try and get best that i can

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

SALE

ok here is 3 pics i took, quality not that great cuz of size of camera that comes with pda but none the less you can see what they look like...

pic 1: http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2931/dsc000019fk.jpg

pic 2 : http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/2695/dsc000021wi.jpg = other new pc

pic 3 : http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1160/dsc000032lw.jpg

also am having a sale of lots and lots of new and newish and used pc equipment and i mean lots, monitors, pcs, routers, adsl modems, harddrives, ram, pc speakers, psu's, printers, scanners, shredder, joystick and maybe a few other items i have neglected to mention that i cant think of at the moment, oh webcam only used about 2 or 3 times before it got boxed back up, most stuff still under some sort of warranty also 3 or 4 keyboards, all except 1 which is wireless complete with wireless mouse are ps2 connection, sound cards and some geforce video cards, not good enough to play lockon but good enough for second pc or server, 1 is nvidia gf4 mx440 and other is pci gf2, ok i know b4 anyone says it, they are old, but they are oldest thing that i have for sale, other older stuff is given away, to embarresed to sell them :D + amd 2600+ heatsink and fan, and some brand new seagate drives only pata 100 and samsung pata 133 120gb drive both spanking new, some games aswell installed once and used about 5 times including hl2 will transfer steam account. and before i forget 5 cdrws and 2 dvdrws aswell, cdrws = brandnew dvdrws working but have been used. any one interested pm me or leave msg in this thread and i will get back to you...

As mentioned above most stuff is either brand new and will either A, wont be used or B, only be used when my crap breaks down, which given my luck lately you may think am stupid for selling :P but i am thinking if i havent got them, then maybe the dude upstairs will think, ah he aint got no more extra goodies to recover it with so i will leave him alone for a while :D

and also most if not all is still in original boxes which is takin up a helluva lotta room and it needs to be gone, and most still within retailers warranty nevermind manufacturers warranty which has still got a few years to go on most items...

all going cheap, probably best for either uk or european resident.

I know it's 12 minutes later, but post some FPS with LO:FC please and

some screenies (obviously post in the screen shot thread, but let us know here).

I'm considering doing a upgrade myself, but am curious of any LO benfits if any.....

Thanks,

Brett

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

havent installed lockon due to the fact that lo duznt support dualcore properly which is a real shame, i only got it on my other rig

When you say Lock On doesn’t support duel core properly, what do you mean? Like violent stuttering, because I know it kinda stutters if you play on the internet, but what about single player? I’m about to get an Alienware myself with duel core so I need to know before I buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lockon uses a dual core like a single core processor. It will run faster as it is a faster processor but not as fast as if it used all the features of a dual core. F4:AF will take full advantage of a dual core processor however.

Check the link for more info

http://www.simhq.com/_technology/technology_042a.html

Game need to be programmed with dual core optimisations built in when they are developed to used dual core or a patch could add support for it later.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
When you say Lock On doesn’t support duel core properly, what do you mean? Like violent stuttering, because I know it kinda stutters if you play on the internet, but what about single player? I’m about to get an Alienware myself with duel core so I need to know before I buy it.

its in the forums somewhere that you have to set it to run on just one cpu and tbh i dont see the point of installin it on this pc if i have to do that, other pc is capable of running lockon at pretty decent settings and fps, so until there is something out there that will allow it to take full advantage i cant see me installin, if u are gonna buy an alienware and want it solely for gaming get the fx57, best processr in the world for gaming, beats dual core anyday and guaranteed to work for any game, but then when you get tired of that if you ever do just buy new dualcore cpu cuz fx57 fits into same mobo as dualcore cpus, i wish i did that now, but they didnt have fx57 when i ordered mine but they do now.

Thats the great thing with AMD and it's 939 socket. Get a standard singel core now and upgrade to dualcore when they are more widely supported. Either way current AMD dual cores are plenty quick enough right now. I would not be put off getting one.

I have run a dual core processor since Lockons release - both Pentium and AMD with no detrimental affects. As said in a previous reply, it only utilises one of the cores to run the game, so the faster the core the faster the game. I also have had to make NO changes to the lockon configuration to run the game (I currently run at about 40 - 50 fps on full settings 1280x1024).

I would assume that the processor speed of your new alienware PC would be greater than your original machine. Also memory bandwidth etc would be increased as well with the more modern Motherboard in the Alienware machine, which would probably make a significant difference to Lockon.

Bottom line - don't worry about running lockon on a dual core machine - It works very well!

159th_mako.jpg

'Speak softly and carry a big stick'

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

cool, ive heard ppl say they had probs and now i hear you saying u have had no probs, i might just give it a go, i was just kinda put off with the thought of having to set it to 1 cpu only, but as you say you havent had any problems and no different settings then chances are i will stick it on this pc, i was kinda miffed at the thought that the game would stutter and stuff with dc cpus and i couldt be bothered installin and setting up the game which takes ages when you havent got a profile made for your joystick :( to find out that the game would stutter etc, and when other pc can handle game fairly well as it is really did put me off installin but this is encouraging news :D

What's your specs Mako_159th? I'm planning to get an Aurora™ 7500 with AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+, 1 gig of ram, and a 7800gtx graphics card. What kind of fps can i expect from this rig? And also, i have a question about the 4400+...is it like 2 athlon64 3500+ running together or better?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]