declassifying Swing-Kid's Skywars campaign

any ideas how to do this? I'm trying out his mission generator, but it locks labels off. I rather fly with them on. To do it I need to unlock the missions.

Frustrating that my choosen difficulty settings aren't global, but up to the mission maker. I should be able to decide how I want to fly.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Be warned that the campaign won't let you continue if you've tampered with the generated .cmp file. SkyWars generates a ten-letter password at random, but it checks the password when you try to resume the campaign to make sure you didn't cheat. You will have to:

(a) open the .cmp file in Notepad,

(b) figure out where the password is, read it off and write it down, and

© after declassifying the SkyWars-generated .cmp file, re-classify it with the same password before saving.

You will also need to know what is Lock On's scheme for encrypting passwords, but that is easy enough to figure out that I won't give any clues. I think AndyHill already figured it out without help.

Hope this helps,

-SK

Why do you have labels locked off then? It's killed the whole generator for me.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

Why do you have labels locked off then? It's killed the whole generator for me.

You're not alone. Out of curiosity, what do you guys use labels for? Is the ground vehicle target not designated by a diamond marker in the HUD, like in the real jet?

I didn't intend to lock them off, I thought I had just set them off by default, so I wouldn't have to manually switch them off every time I start a mission.

-SK

to make up for limited rez of a monitor vs real life. My labels are setup so at 5km I get a symbol only, and only within 2km a target ID.

For the life of me I cannot see a missile without labels. I know they are hard to see in real life as well, but would be a bit more visible than on a monitor.

Basically I know it's 'gamey' to play with labels, but it gives me a fighting chance and I enjoy it.

It's a question if this is a SkyWars problem or a Lock On problem.

There's a button in the Lock On Options menu labelled "Global". I would assume that this gives the player the choice to override whatever the mission settings are, with his own settings. But, after testing, I found that it doesn't work with classified missions.

Should SkyWars be changed, or Lock On? Isn't it better to have the ability to over-ride any mission with the "global" button, even non-SkyWars missions?

Part of my reason for classifying the SkyWars missions was to call attention to problems with classified missions that didn't seem to get fixed before release. E.g. no ability to change payload, greyed-out "declassify" menu options, etc. This label issue may be another one. I'm hesitant to switch to unclassified missions, and let these issues go ignored.

As for monitor visibility, I have an alternate idea. Instead of having the label of an aircraft be a "dot" at a long distance... have the aircraft model itself be a dot! Then the dot is actually IN the right place, instead of beside the right place. Labels are always overlapping my targets and spoiling my aim.

-SK

I think it is very good, if Payload cannot be changed in classified missions. I use calssified missions only on my Server, because my Mission is based on having two heaters only. If people could change Payload, i would be bussy all day be telling People not to do so. This would kill it for me.

Greetings

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

It's Lock on that needs to be changed not your campaign. People should be aloud to use whatever diffuculty settings they want and if you choose set global then those settings should be used for every mission you fly. As for payloads i think the mission builder should have the choice to lock them or not.

It's Lock on that needs to be changed not your campaign. People should be allowed to use whatever diffuculty settings they want and if you choose set global then those settings should be used for every mission you fly. As for payloads i think the mission builder should have the choice to lock them or not.

Agree 100% - we just need more options.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Yes, definitely a separate option to force the player to use a specific payloads AND really global preferences (at least difficulty options) that can't be overridden by the mission designer. BTW, was the target diamond (in the A-10) supposed to be there or did it appear because I unlocked the missions?

Lock on must have toe-brake functionality with differential braking

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

I understand that at the moment some of the settings need to be mission controlled so that for example targets would appear even at with low detail levels.

The target diamond did appear in a CAS mission. Note for the dynamic campaign design: the caret might only appear sometimes when certain conditions were met or more or less randomly.

Lock on must have toe brake functionality with differential braking

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Note for the dynamic campaign design: the caret might only appear sometimes when certain conditions were met or more or less randomly.

Pardon me I didn't quite get that - this is a SkyWars bug report, or a Lock On bug report, or something you observed that didn't interfere with your mission but I should be advised for the future, or how it works in real life? The diamond appears and disappears during the same mission, or its presence varies between different missions? The "caret" is the Pave Penny target designation diamond in the HUD?

-SK