When can we expect to see a Data link rework

TaxDollarsAtWork

Probably when we get a fully modeled Su-27.

It IS a simplified, ten+ year old module. Don't know why anybody expects the same level of detail the full ones have. That's kind of the whole point.

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Probably when we get a fully modeled Su-27.

It IS a simplified, ten+ year old module. Don't know why anybody expects the same level of detail the full ones have. That's kind of the whole point.

Yet they continue to update radar with inverted lose lock, slower radar scan update rate, wing fatigue, new dl display, remove instant vsl, remove dl from MiG29, adjust thrust values etc.

Tell me again about that point.

A feature, p2p datalink, works in single player, it does not work in multiplayer, that is the point.

Edited by Frostie
  • Like 2

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

No one is asking for the same level of fidelity as one of the "big" modules, but we are asking for a rough representation of their capabilities.

The group datalink is an important feature of the Flanker and should as such not be overlooked.

Especially since ED already said that it should be working in MP a few years ago if the planes are in the same flight.

The planes still cost 15€, but all you get when buying the 2 Flankers and the MiG-29 is a copy of the same old systems that are also partially the same as the Su-25T.

It being FC3 does not ''ONLY'' mean no clickey. It means the entire aircraft is streamlined and simplified on the systems level. That is the whole point of it, so that any boob with a harddrive can jump in and play. Entire swathes of the aircraft are simplified toward this end.

If you want a fully modeled aircraft... buy a fully modeled aircraft module, not a $10-15 ''aircraft-lite'' module @@ (assuming as standalone, if pack it's like $40 for 7-8 planes, same principal)

• Like 1

It being FC3 does not ''ONLY'' mean no clickey. It means the entire aircraft is streamlined and simplified on the systems level. That is the whole point of it, so that any boob with a harddrive can jump in and play. Entire swathes of the aircraft are simplified toward this end.

If you want a fully modeled aircraft... buy a fully modeled aircraft module, not a $10-15 ''aircraft-lite'' module @@ (assuming as standalone, if pack it's like $40 for 7-8 planes, same principal)

So just because its an economy car it shouldn't come with a working engine? Impeccable logic you're a real piece of work there

champ

*buys $10-15 arcade plane*

*receives extensive visual and aerodynamic upgrade... free*

*shocked it is still largely an arcade plane*

Yeah. One of us has a problem with logic alright.

Zhukov, it’s suppossed to work...It’s even advertised with the module

Really? Where is MP datalink advertised with the module? Or is that not what you're referring to. I've looked for it but can't find it. Be nice to have, though.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On the Su-27 store page “Updated Head Down Display (HDD) with more realistic data link and navigation mode”

Oddly enough I couldn’t find it on the Su-33 store page. But you are right that it doesn’t specifically mention MP, and I guess “more realistic” can mean a lot things. I do think ED does intend to fix it eventually. However I think people will be disappointed, AFAIK it only works on Flankers in your flight(up to four.) I’m not sure if working it would connect any two Flankers, so I understand how it may not be the highest priority as it would function best in squadron

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On the Su-27 store page “Updated Head Down Display (HDD) with more realistic data link and navigation mode”

Oddly enough I couldn’t find it on the Su-33 store page. But you are right that it doesn’t specifically mention MP, and I guess “more realistic” can mean a lot things. I do think ED does intend to fix it eventually. However I think people will be disappointed, AFAIK it only works on Flankers in your flight(up to four.) I’m not sure if working it would connect any two Flankers, so I understand how it may not be the highest priority as it would function best in squadron

Yes, I read that earlier. I thought you meant that there was some specific mention of MP. Anyway, "more realistic" than what? :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yeah, I guess it’s pretty overblown of me to have said it’s a guaranteed feature. I would agree with Zhukov if it didn’t work in SP, in that case it would be a “wishlist” feature. I guess we can only hope. The Hornet with ATFLIR and AA modes will probably be implemented first, gonna make me jealous!

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Seems like Ed has been making the FC3 aircraft more realistic all along; with the better graphics model and PFM, those are moves in the right direction. They make an interesting plane-set; people who like the "study" modules only get to do that: study.

There's nothing else to do with them.

There's nothing else to do with them.

You think that's what they do with them IRL too? Study? You're so wrong. Pilots fly and fight with DCS aircraft not just... do I really need to explain?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Bump: Datalink still has "false contacts" when entering another session. You have to close the sim and relaunch it to get rid of that, it's very frustrating. The Hornet had ghost contacts for a week and it was subsequently fixed. Come on ED....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Yet they continue to update radar with inverted lose lock, slower radar scan update rate, wing fatigue, new dl display, remove instant vsl, remove dl from MiG29, adjust thrust values etc.

Tell me again about that point.

A feature, p2p datalink, works in single player, it does not work in multiplayer, that is the point.

+11

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

+1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery