[Tool] Create description.lua from EDM files

uboats

Works on any .EDM model.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 5 months later...

Hi Uboats. I have a problem. I don't know if you can find the solution.

It's Viggen.

Extractor GUI successfully extracts LUA file for Viggen cockpit. In my English cockpit mod, I also use font_ajs37.tga file, but this TGA filename isn't listed in LUA file. I said "Ok, well", and put the TGA file in "...\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Textures\font_ajs37.tga" and packaged the mod.

In this way my mod worked, until release of DCS v1.5.7. The mod can't pass the Integrity Check, just because of that TGA file.

So... How can I use that TGA file with my mod, without hooked by Integrity Check. Extractor doesn't see it. Do you have any idea?

Sorry for my English. Thanks in advance. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

font_ajs37.tga is for HUD, it's not bound to model.

So here is almost no solution.

but you can try to create:

"saved game/dcs.xxx/mods/aircraft/ajs37font/entry.lua"

, in which:

mount_vfs_texture_path(current_mod_path.."/texture")

make a folder 'texture' under ajs37font

put your tga in it

and try

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

or try to save the font_ajs37.tga to font_ajs37.dds, and save it in the AJS37/texture/

if non works, then the only solution is to ask HB to compress all textures into zip, then you are able to do it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I'll try all these, but what line should I insert into LUA file for this?

or try to save the font_ajs37.tga to font_ajs37.dds, and save it in the AJS37/texture/...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I'll try all these, but what line should I insert into LUA file for this?

for this, no need lua. i'm not sure if there are two files with same name but different extension names, which one will be chosen. So let's try, and finger crossed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your help mate, but no result.

I'll cantact with HB as you said.

Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, I would like to know what the number in the middle means, thank you.

{"su27_tex01", 3 ,"Su-27_decol_lp.tga",false};

texture layer 3

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Some friends reported this issue for my Su-33 English Cockpit mod.

> I checked the textures. No update or change from ED.

> I checked the description.lua but I think there's no related line with those textures

> I re-extracted the description.lua but new and old files are the same.

No solution left on my hand. So, I came here. Maybe, ED has changed something on the system and the Extractor is not seeing and extracting all lines we need. Is there any possibility about that? :)

Thank you.

Hi.

Some friends reported this issue for my Su-33 English Cockpit mod.

> I checked the textures. No update or change from ED.

> I checked the description.lua but I think there's no related line with those textures

> I re-extracted the description.lua but new and old files are the same.

No solution left on my hand. So, I came here. Maybe, ED has changed something on the system and the Extractor is not seeing and extracting all lines we need. Is there any possibility about that? :)

Thank you.

00099.966 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture '/liveries/cockpit_su-33/english blue/su33_tex01' not found. Asked from 'GRAPHICSVISTA'

00099.976 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture '/liveries/cockpit_su-33/english blue/su33_detail02' not found. Asked from 'GRAPHICSVISTA'

00099.989 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture '/liveries/cockpit_su-33/english blue/su33_detail02_spc' not found. Asked from 'GRAPHICSVISTA'

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uh... Thanks a lot. Silly me.

I should have done more investigate. :)

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi uboats. Me, again. :)

Pholychop has started to use new textures with extension "_roughmet" for each interior textures. I guess they're for sun lighting. They're appearing under direct sun light.

I couldn't see those dds address in description lua. There're something in default description lua, but I couldn't figure it out.

Now, in my current ENG mod, under direct sun light, my textures and original textures are mixing.

Do you have Gazelle module?

Do you have any idea to solve this situation?

Thank you.

Hi uboats. Me, again. :)

Pholychop has started to use new textures with extension "_roughmet" for each interior textures. I guess they're for sun lighting. They're appearing under direct sun light.

I couldn't see those dds address in description lua. There're something in default description lua, but I couldn't figure it out.

Now, in my current ENG mod, under direct sun light, my textures and original textures are mixing.

Do you have Gazelle module?

Do you have any idea to solve this situation?

Thank you.

it's a bit tricky that you don't need that layer in lua

what you need to do is just name roughmet dds file as your diffname + '_roughmet', and put it beside your diff dds

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

layer definition (enumeration):

DIFFUSE = 0;

NORMAL_MAP = 1;

SPECULAR = 2;

DECAL = 3;

DIRT = 4;

DAMAGE = 5;

PUDDLES = 6;

SNOW = 7;

SELF_ILLUMINATION = 8;

AMBIENT_OCCLUSION = 9;

ROUGHNESS_METALLIC = 13;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Putting the texture in other textures with adding "_roughmet" extension didn't work.

I added the line texture name in description.lua with number 13, works.

Thank you uboats.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Awesome, thanks!

Small question, the app crash to desktop trying to extract the AV8B cockpit .edm, any work around for this? Seems both modules from RazBam does this, the Harrier and Mirage.

Edited by Doum76

Awesome, thanks!

Small question, the app crash to desktop trying to extract the AV8B cockpit .edm, any work around for this? Seems both modules from RazBam does this, the Harrier and Mirage.

thx for report

will take a look

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]