DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Hi.

I'm a supernoob about this thread. I've just bought Switch Panel for my birthday (got present for myself :D)

So, as I understand, there's no way to use this Switch Panel with DCS, without using DCS BIOS, right?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

No you can use it as a key emulator. Don't have to use DCS-BIOS.

BUT if you use it with DCS-BIOS you get way more control over what you can do with it.

Watch the tutorial videos in the first post.

Hi.

I'm a supernoob about this thread. I've just bought Switch Panel for my birthday (got present for myself :D)

So, as I understand, there's no way to use this Switch Panel with DCS, without using DCS BIOS, right?

Ok. Thank you very very much for your hard work, Artur.

This is good for beginning. I now I can find further information that I need in those 83 pages. :)

Thanks a lot again.

Cheers.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hey Devrim! You really want to use DCS-BIOS with your switch panel. Having the switches synchronized with your panel at all time is priceless. And being able to flip the entire circuit breaker overhead panel of the Mi8 with just 1 flip of a switch is awesome!

For your next birthday, I can't recommend enough buying yourself the radio panel. A real game changer in MP + SRS or UR.

Thank you for posting this!

I will add this link to the first post.

edit:

Had a looksy inside the code and it seems 100% OK and I ran the console application. But as always be careful with registry changing apps. I'll keep the link in the first post regardless. Real pain in the neck this Windows feature.

Thanks mates, this little program save my life!

:pilotfly:

Regarding this:

Here is a program to do the registry change for you.

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/us...rdisabler.aspx

Thank you for posting this!

I will add this link to the first post.

edit:

Had a looksy inside the code and it seems 100% OK and I ran the console application. But as always be careful with registry changing apps. I'll keep the link in the first post regardless. Real pain in the neck this Windows feature.

I also did a restore point before running the program just to be safe. Whenever running "registry fix" programs, it's always a good idea to do a restore point.

Thankfully Uraster provided the source code so we could see what they were doing. I would not have run this program otherwise. Not because I didn't trust Uraster. They clearly made the program to help their flight sim customers. But because mucking around with the registry is something to never take lightly.

So I made sure I understood this issue (actually I've been studying this USB power down issues for over a year now as it screwed up DCS and USB devices in other ways as well). Like ArturDCS, I reviewed the source code and concluded it is doing exactly what Microsoft suggests you do, and felt confident I could trust the program. The alternative (looking up the USB ID and doing the registry fix on my own) is complicated enough that even a computer savvy person doesn't want to do it once. Move your USB connection for the panel, and you have to do it all over again. Uraster's program makes it possible to solve the issue even for non-computer savvy people. Thank you Uraster for making this program!!

ArturDCS, thanks for your effort on DCSFlightpanels (and pdmarsh and the others that have helped as well with DCS-BIOS and such). I just sent you a donation. Donations will never cover your time, but hopefully defraying the costs of buying modules makes it worth continuing on this.

Hey Devrim! You really want to use DCS-BIOS with your switch panel. Having the switches synchronized with your panel at all time is priceless. And being able to flip the entire circuit breaker overhead panel of the Mi8 with just 1 flip of a switch is awesome!

For your next birthday, I can't recommend enough buying yourself the radio panel. A real game changer in MP + SRS or UR.

Thank you, mate. :) Noted! :D

Thank you so very much. :thumbup: I will add it to the M2000C donation I received earlier.

ArturDCS, thanks for your effort on DCSFlightpanels (and pdmarsh and the others that have helped as well with DCS-BIOS and such). I just sent you a donation. Donations will never cover your time, but hopefully defraying the costs of buying modules makes it worth continuing on this.

Hi.

Do we have any problem with LWin key?

If I use LShift+LWin+H keys (for example), DCS won't see it but,

if I use LShift+H keys, DCS is okay with it.

Am I missing something?

Capture.JPG.b9ac8d16fbc386db65b96dfe66d9bb02.JPG

If you say this:

!!

Yes, I did (hands on the bible). :D

And if you're talking about editing bindings file... It already says "LWIN", so I didn't get where I'll edit or correct.

Isn't this correct:

SwitchPanelKey{1SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LWIN + LSHIFT + VK_H}
SwitchPanelKey{0SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LWIN + LCONTROL + VK_H}

:smilewink: Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was the old LMENU bug/feature.

Well this I will have to have active pilots answer. I honestly don't know this.

If you say this:

Yes, I did (hands on the bible). :D

And if you're talking about editing bindings file... It already says "LWIN", so I didn't get where I'll edit or correct.

Isn't this correct:

SwitchPanelKey{1SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LWIN + LSHIFT + VK_H}
   SwitchPanelKey{0SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT}\o/OSKeyPress{FiftyMilliSec,LWIN + LCONTROL + VK_H}

:smilewink: Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was the old LMENU bug/feature.

Well this I will have to have active pilots answer. I honestly don't know this.

Oh, OK. No problem. Even this answer solves my problem. I can now figure another binding systematic. :)

Thank you.

Pop up to the post HERE. It has a link to a DCS-BIOS profile for the F/A-18C. However, it has not been enabled in DCSFlightpanels. ArturDCS would need some support to buy that module. Without it, he can't do the integration.

Thanks,

Paul

Tnx.

Yes, I noticed that it wasn't possible to choose it in DCSFlightpanels.

If somebody could do the radiopanel for the FA18C as they did for the KA-50 where you can have a freq preset and just change it with a click would be awesome.

I tried to read and learn how to do it myself but I gave up, it was basically to difficult for me to even read the intro.

An other prerelease. It is a release jungle..

Capt Zeen made me aware that although some DCS-BIOS profiles exists they cannot be used as they are not included in the selection list.

As I don't use DCS I didn't realize this.

This release contains F-18C, L-39 and M2000C, though without radio support. I cannot test these myself as I don't have the modules so report problems here. Make sure to inlude error log snippets!

You need to download latest DCS-BIOS release.

DCSFP download here

An other prerelease. It is a release jungle..

Capt Zeen made me aware that although some DCS-BIOS profiles exists they cannot be used as they are not included in the selection list.

As I don't use DCS I didn't realize this.

This release contains F-18C, L-39 and M2000C, though without radio support. I cannot test these myself as I don't have the modules so report problems here. Make sure to inlude error log snippets!

You need to download latest DCS-BIOS release.

DCSFP download here

Thanks a lot, ArturDCS! i'll test as soon i arrive home!

thanks for the update!!!

i try to made me a Profile for the L39.

after i choose it from the list i got an error.

I used ne newest BIOS from your link.

F-18 (dont have the plane but would test it) same

M2000 works so far (also i dont have the plane)

error f18.txt

error l39ZA.txt

Could you post your json files for both airframes?

Located in C:\Users\<user>\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\DCS-BIOS\doc\json

and file suffix ".json"

I will try and figure this out tonight.

I re-read your post. If you could post your L-39 json. I think I might have included the faulty F-18C json but that shouldn't be a problem for those that have that module as it is created (and corrected) when the user starts a F-18C mission.

EDIT:

No need. I removed the faulty json files. Just download the same DCS-BIOS release again. I have updated the file and added info to the release.

thanks for the update!!!

i try to made me a Profile for the L39.

after i choose it from the list i got an error.

I used ne newest BIOS from your link.

F-18 (dont have the plane but would test it) same

M2000 works so far (also i dont have the plane)

Edited by ArturDCS