Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread - Page 84 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-08-2018, 06:54 PM   #831
Vyrtuoz
ED Partners

@Seb71
This option does not really affect you. “Register System” enable your Tacview licence for all the users on your system. This option has been added for companies.

@Kolm
The Persian Gulf map has been added to Tacview 1.7.2. So, you can either install the latest beta in parallel of Tacview 1.7.1, or you want wait for the final 1.7.2. to be released.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #832
Seb71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrtuoz View Post
@Seb71
This option does not really affect you. “Register System” enable your Tacview licence for all the users on your system. This option has been added for companies.
So that option it's about Windows user accounts, not some Tacview user account. I was not sure which is the case.

You might want to add this explanation to the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLM View Post
I cant zoom out more than just a few thousand feet.

How can I do to see the globe and move around to go where I want?

thanks
That's one feature from Tacview Advanced. It's the one that keeps me thinking, too, that maybe I should have gone for the Advanced version.
Seb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:03 PM   #833
Emmy

Quote:
@Emmy
Yes, Tacview 2.0 will also work on tablets and cell phones.
Excellent!

TacView is just such a great piece of kit for DCS!

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #834
Vyrtuoz
ED Partners

@KOLM

The easiest way to move around quickly is to use the satellite view (the little globe in the bottom toolbar). You can also use the monocular icon to activate the free camera and move around using the mouse wheel + shift to move quickly all around you.

With Tacview Standard you can zoom-out up to about 200K ft. With Tacview Advanced you can zoom-out till you see the whole world.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #835
=4c=Nikola

Quote:
Whenever you press RAlt + B during your flight, DCS World exporter will insert a bookmark in the event log. These bookmarks are clearly identified in Tacview, so you should be able to quickly jump to one or another during your debriefing session.

I will add another shortcut to toggle data recording on the fly in a future update.
Can we bind that command with F-18 recce on hottas?

How to use online debriefing. It doesn't work no matter what I try?
Old 07-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #836
Vyrtuoz
ED Partners

This is a good idea, I am going to see if this is possible to do that.

As for the online debriefing, remember that:
  • The host of the debriefing must open the corresponding TCP port on his router/firewall, so the clients can join his session
  • Everyone must load the proper acmi file manually (Tacview does not automatically transfer the telemetry data over the network)

If this does not help, can you share a screenshot of the settings you are using for the online debriefing?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:03 AM   #837
sc_neo

Finally installed tacview (getting a bit into BVR stuff atm), this will sure help me to better grasp what is going on around me

Two questions though; 1.) I am within the trial period and i have looked at the feature comparison of the starter, standard and advanced versions and i am not sure what ''advanced telemtry'' actually entails?

2.) The reason why i installed tacview now was to see which aircraft's radar cone was illuminating other aircraft at which point in time. I take it that radar cones are not a thing as of yet? You mentioned quite some time ago that this might materialize in tacview 2.0, is this still in the cards?
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #838
Vyrtuoz
ED Partners

The advanced telemetry corresponds to additional and more accurate data you can get from some aircraft. For example, readings from cockpit instruments like G or fuel (which is sometime more appropriate data than what is calculated/interpolated by Tacview), as well as radar locks for FC3 aircraft.

You guessed right: Radar cones are not yet implemented. This is a tricky feature with most flight simulators, because of lack of available data on that matter. For now, with the advanced telemetry, you will see a “lock” line/symbol when a target is tracked by player FC3 aircraft. In a future update, I hope to be able to extract more from DCS World, like the radar cone and current targets for non FC aircraft as well as AI aircraft.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #839
sc_neo

ah ok. Thanks for the detailed response. The radar lock for FC3 aircraft is a useful feature. I hope you find a way to access the radar locks of full fidelty module aircraft as well. With the F/A-18 already released, and F-16, F-14 and more on the way...i reckon it would be a pitty if radar locks can only be displayed for FC3/4 aircraft. Anyway, i already looked at a bunch of my BVR ai encounter tracks and it already showed me a lot of how the ai acts and what i am doing right and where i can improve. But its really fun to look at a track and see how a defensive maneuver defeats a hostile missle! Kudos
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:42 AM   #840
Tasselhoff

Regarding installation and use of Tacview 1.7.1, is there a way to ensure it detects a copy of DCS World that has been copied-and-pasted?

My installation of DCS World 2.5.x OpenBeta has detected the presence of Tacview 1.7.1, however the reverse is not true. Repairing DCS World does not correct the issue, either.

Short of de-registering, re-downloading and re-registering all modules, is there a solution?

Tags
acmi, flight, record, tacview