CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 27 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #261
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevSmith View Post
Good question: I want to know this as well .

Thank's in advance.
Thanks for asking. It is hard to state a date, even an approximate one. To give you a hint though, the beta testing process is roughly half way through, as beta testers have been digging deeper into the functionality. Meanwhile, I've been fixing the reported bugs and incorporating as much of the suggestions as possible.

The ballpark is weeks, a month, something like that (but don't hold it against me)

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:51 AM   #262
Breezy
Tester NS 430

Glad to see this is progressing so far and so well! Keep up the excellent work Viper (and testing crew!)

PS: The doghouses/course lines look super good. Happy to see that worked out
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #263
Thudster

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

We are used to WIP/Early-Release lol
Don't bake it too long, no one wants dried-out cake
Custom iBUYPOWER Build: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 MBrd\ i7-8700K CPU @ 5.0 GHz OC\ 32 GB DDR4 2800 XMP\ (x2) M.2 PCIe NVME SSD\ EVGA 1080 Ti Superclocked 11gb Driver 398.11 +50\+400 \ EVGA GTX1070 (PhysX)\ Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm Liquid CPU Cooler\ Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold PS
::: Oculus Rift \ Delan Clip \ Warthog HOTAS \ MFG Crosswind Pedals
::: Windows 10 v1803 17134.112 64-bit
::: DCS OpenBeta \ F/A-18C \ M-2000 \ AV-8B \ A-10C
Thudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:32 AM   #264
NevSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
Thanks for asking. It is hard to state a date, even an approximate one. To give you a hint though, the beta testing process is roughly half way through, as beta testers have been digging deeper into the functionality. Meanwhile, I've been fixing the reported bugs and incorporating as much of the suggestions as possible.

The ballpark is weeks, a month, something like that (but don't hold it against me)
No, no; I'm not holding against you for sure. Take it easy, take your time

....it will be ready, when it's ready (hopefully).

Wish you all the very best.

Last edited by NevSmith; 07-17-2018 at 01:34 AM.
NevSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #265
M1Combat

I saw a while back Shahdoh mention in post 176 the possible ability to provide a basic mission to opposing team leaders/flight leaders, then have them fill in their side of the mission and submit those back to the game master where it will then combine them into a single mission so it can be flown in a tournament of some sort.

You mentioned in your response that the import will take ground unit locations but not triggers or orders etc... and then in 243 you seem to indicate that this will be possible...

Is that really the case?

Shahdoh used to run a WWII campaign with two sides where he would provide the basic mission for two sides where neither of the opposing commanders could see the other side's forces... the commanders would build out their mission with AA, Flak, bombers, supply convoys etc with no triggers or zones but just with waypoints and locations... and then Shahdoh would manually combine the missions, host it and both sides would join and try to carry out their mission.

It was absolutely brilliant.

So based on your post do you think your software might work for this?

Also... THANK YOU for your effort.

Nvidia GTX970 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:42 AM   #266
Focha

I've been searching for a tool like this. Amazing!
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #267
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Combat View Post
I saw a while back Shahdoh mention in post 176 the possible ability to provide a basic mission to opposing team leaders/flight leaders, then have them fill in their side of the mission and submit those back to the game master where it will then combine them into a single mission so it can be flown in a tournament of some sort.

You mentioned in your response that the import will take ground unit locations but not triggers or orders etc... and then in 243 you seem to indicate that this will be possible...

Is that really the case?

Shahdoh used to run a WWII campaign with two sides where he would provide the basic mission for two sides where neither of the opposing commanders could see the other side's forces... the commanders would build out their mission with AA, Flak, bombers, supply convoys etc with no triggers or zones but just with waypoints and locations... and then Shahdoh would manually combine the missions, host it and both sides would join and try to carry out their mission.

It was absolutely brilliant.

So based on your post do you think your software might work for this?

Also... THANK YOU for your effort.
Right now you can do this with flights (planes & helicopters) and carriers (Stennis, Kuznetsov, Tarawa). So you can plan the flights for blue side, another person can plan the red side flights, and then a third person can merge it all together into a single mission in CF (quickly and easily, not manually).

CF doesn't support adding new vehicles, ships, or static objects yet. However, if you import a .miz file that already has some vehicles, ships etc., those get imported along with their routes and are visible in CF.

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #268
M1Combat

So... to clarify...

A game master could create two basic missions in the ME that are the two sides of the basic mission or scenario that will be flown by both sides. These two missions would each be built based on the intelligence each commander currently has about both their own forces as well as the enemy force. These two missions would include only ground units, but nothing complex. Really just supply depots, hangars, farps... that sort of stuff. One for blue, one for red. The game master would then import them to CF and then submit the .cf file for each team to each team's respective commander. The commander would then add their AA, FLAK, EWR, CAP Flights, Bomber flights etc either by editing the .cf with CF or creating a mission that includes what they need and importing to CF, and send them back to the game master. The game master could then integrate the two sides, export as a .miz, and then host the mission.

This sounds awesome so far...

I feel like this tool will have more use than what you originally planned . I think it would be excellent if it can be used as a merge tool so to speak for campaign style tournaments .

Meaningful squadron vs. squadron campaigns... Oh man... I could see this being pretty significant .

Nvidia GTX970 (HTC Vive)
MSI Z77 MPower
Core i5-3570K
24GB G-Skill Trident-X

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
(UCR - mapping throttle and clutch pedals together to form a rudder Axis)
GamesCom/Plantronics 780 USB Headset

Last edited by M1Combat; 07-22-2018 at 08:12 AM.
M1Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #269
xXMustangXx

This is Awesome!!!

Any new developments? when would it be ready?

Thanks!
xXMustangXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #270
BlacleyCole

Viper has it been released to the public/general users yet

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote