DCS: Combined Arms Wish List - Page 69 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #681
Fri13

Would be better just let the CA to be more of a battery Commander task than simulate the SAM crew.

Strela-10 kind a works as it is one gunner only.

IMHO still the CA should really go to good RTS kind experience by combining legendary games like close combat (moral troops own will and decision making) to hearts of iron, steel Panthers world at war and then some newer like wargame: European Escalation.

Great free camera experience, good communications and information simulation, troops supporting etc...

There are 100:1 more RTS players than there are those who want to simulate SAM or MBT.

Like look at the Command: Naval Air (something) etc.

And it would allow better single player experience as you can fly and do some big scale unit commanding without jumping from pilot to gunner. As we never get anything like steel beasts or even ARMA, so how just focusing to flight simulation and great troop commanding around?

That would allow a player own created good long and big dynamic campaigns when things are more logistic required and limited etc.

--
I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....
Old 03-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #682
DanielNL

I hope by this summer all radar SAMs will get a 2nd optical tracking mode as backup before the CA campaign is released... (would be realistic afaik).
And that more radar SAMs are 1st person player controllable very soon (SA-11 Buk and Kub).
Also I hope we'll see the addition of S-200, Krug and S-75 this summer (or sometime 2018 )
fixed 1st person Tunguska missile guidance

Dell Visor WMR, RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI), Ryzen 5 1600X (6C/12T)

Awesome Buddyspike BlueFlag discord: https://discord.gg/uWQFfCm featuring: F-18 - Harrier - CTLD - EWR - GCI

Last edited by DanielNL; 03-02-2018 at 06:17 AM.
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #683
Vitormouraa
Veteran

One unit I would like to see in DCS is the LAV-25 with proper optics and sensors. Just for the nostalgia feeling (Yes that game with the letter B and 3 at the end).

I always thought that the LAV-25 was an interesting vehicle though, that 25mm cannon can be great against helicopters, imagine a CO-OP mission!

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:02 AM   #684
Fri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
One unit I would like to see in DCS is the LAV-25 with proper optics and sensors. Just for the nostalgia feeling (Yes that game with the letter B and 3 at the end).

I always thought that the LAV-25 was an interesting vehicle though, that 25mm cannon can be great against helicopters, imagine a CO-OP mission!
The LAV-25 is so overpowered in DCS that it ain't fun. It is like a laser beam and far more dangerous than any SAM or AAA as it can move max speed and shoot you down like from 3km range without missing.

AI needs serious overhaul to it aiming and reaction and situational awareness.

--
I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....
Old 03-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #685
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Default DCS: Combined Arms Wish List

There is no LAV-25 in DCS, that's why I am saying I would like to have it in DCS! But the accuracy of that thing isn't very good, it can shoot down helicopters up to 1.5 km accurately though. Look It up on YouTube, there is a video of LAV-25 shooting at a paper target, you can clearly see how the dispersion is.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 03-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #686
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Just realized I was talking about the 25 and not the AD lol my bad. I was talking about the LAV-AD. MY apologies.

Discord
Website
Old 03-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #687
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
There is no LAV-25 in DCS, that's why I am saying I would like to have it in DCS! But the accuracy of that thing isn't very good, it can shoot down helicopters up to 1.5 km accurately though. Look It up on YouTube, there is a video of LAV-25 shooting at a paper target, you can clearly see how the dispersion is.
Ehrm, there is an LAV-25 in DCS since A-10C or even Black Shark, unless they have removed it recently...
Mission Editor - Vehicles - USA - Armor
Edit
Ahh, ok. Just saw your info. Yes the AD isn't in only the LAV-25.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller

Last edited by shagrat; 03-04-2018 at 11:57 AM.
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:40 AM   #688
Vitormouraa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Ehrm, there is an LAV-25 in DCS since A-10C or even Black Shark, unless they have removed it recently...
Mission Editor - Vehicles - USA - Armor

See my comment above. My mistake.

Discord
Website
Old 03-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #689
Galwran

Quote:
See my comment above. My mistake.
LAV is nice but we really need unarmored vehicles in DCS for irregular/guerilla forces.
Galwran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #690
HWasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Would be better just let the CA to be more of a battery Commander task than simulate the SAM crew.

Strela-10 kind a works as it is one gunner only.

IMHO still the CA should really go to good RTS kind experience by combining legendary games like close combat (moral troops own will and decision making) to hearts of iron, steel Panthers world at war and then some newer like wargame: European Escalation.

Great free camera experience, good communications and information simulation, troops supporting etc...

There are 100:1 more RTS players than there are those who want to simulate SAM or MBT.

Like look at the Command: Naval Air (something) etc.

And it would allow better single player experience as you can fly and do some big scale unit commanding without jumping from pilot to gunner. As we never get anything like steel beasts or even ARMA, so how just focusing to flight simulation and great troop commanding around?

That would allow a player own created good long and big dynamic campaigns when things are more logistic required and limited etc.

--
+1

We need an RTS like system. Take a look at the Wargame EE/ALB Red Dragon games. If I could, I would merge those games into DCS!

The main feature would be basically a powerful ingame mission editor that enables the spawning of units upon certain criteria (resources, territory, etc) and easy controls (some usual RTS like layout).

With these even 2 people could create a full combined arms dynamic battle online.
Imagine this together with the BlueFlag or current 104th server mission...

My uneducated guess is that a basic system like this could be implemented to DCS relatively easily, without unrealistic amount of work.
HWasp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capture the island, command and conquer, cti, rts