great 1/2 price sale on

chaser

Grabbed a Sabre and the PG map for my 2nd account, which I sometimes use as a server.

The planned standalone server will hopefully make running on a fairly basic unit a lot more viable.

I still havent built my Server Rig, but I'm excited about the stand alone server coming soon, so I'm interested in purchasing at least the Nevada Map at 50% off ... not sure about Combined Arms .. is it really useful on a Server?

I'm thinking about PG. :glare:

It's really a wonderful Map, I've been flying on it almost non-stop. There are still not many missions for it, but that's an opportunity to edit your own :D I'm enjoying this Map a lot, both on the F-18 and the MiG-29 :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Got the huey too. Haven't tried it yet though. Wondering how it'll work with the warthog throttle. Also got NTTR.

Huey works fine with the Warthog throttle as the collective. Probably best to remove the AB detent if you are using one. It feels strange having to push thru that.

Huey works fine with the Warthog throttle as the collective. Probably best to remove the AB detent if you are using one. It feels strange having to push thru that.

Indeed, the WH throttle works fine with the choppers. I've flown both the Huey and the Mi-8 just fine with it. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Got DCS about a month ago and dived straight in with FC3 and love it!

So, chatted up Santa and will be getting A-10C + training campaigns, Nevada and Red Flag for F15 and A10.

A good buy! (for Santa). ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I was thinking about buying one of those helicopters, but I think I will wait for a helicopter bundle, after I have missed the previous one.

combined arms and AV-8b... so tempted for more...but....

I was also thinking about buying Combined Arms, because I am hoping to get a mix of DCS and the strategy game "Command: Modern Air". However, some of the negative reviews on steam unconvinced me to buy it right now.

Mig-29

Wait... the Mig-29 is unfortunately not on sale. At least not on steam. Otherwise I would have bought it immediately. <3

I got the Hawk------NOT !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I was thinking about buying one of those helicopters, but I think I will wait for a helicopter bundle, after I have missed the previous one.

I was also thinking about buying Combined Arms, because I am hoping to get a mix of DCS and the strategy game "Command: Modern Air". However, some of the negative reviews on steam unconvinced me to buy it right now.

CA is mostly useful in some multiplayer missions where it has a role. Otherwise it feels overpriced comparing to what other modules in DCS can offer, unfortunately. The trick is that it can add value to every other module you have, might make sense to some people to buy it on discount. Hopefully ED can boost it up with the 2.0 version.

Would still make a lot of sense to bundle it with helicopters and maybe some other stuff. The big helicopter bundle was bit of a one-off... they should maybe do some more promoting for them. I doubt we'll see better than -50% discounts on helis for a while...

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

The big helicopter bundle was bit of a one-off... they could maybe do some more promoting for them. I doubt we'll see better than -50% discounts on helis for a while...

Damn! :(

I hoped they would offer some similar bundle in the next winter sale. Due to the IsThereAnyDeal site helicopters like the Black Shark 2 were even down to only 10€ during a steam-sale in 2015. I guess 2015 was a big exception in the sale-history of DCS. For whatever reason...

Damn! :(

I hoped they would offer some similar bundle in the next winter sale. Due to the IsThereAnyDeal site helicopters like the Black Shark 2 were even down to only 10€ during a steam-sale in 2015. I guess 2015 was a big exception in the sale-history of DCS. For whatever reason...

I'll have to check that although I already have almost all helicopters :thumbup:

ED has increased module prices not long back. 2015-2016 I think were times of heavy promotions on Steam, they have pushed that platform and increased the user base.

This time I got the mirage, harrier, spitfire, mig-15 (awesome!), huey. And Normandia+asset pack, think it's overlooked as it's not just for WW2. May still get a bit more at least the GPS and maybe a campaign...

The vintage aircraft are a nice surprises... so much more feeling though WW2 apparently is somewhat incomplete as an environment... so is DCS overall... but the aircraft are good... I hope we get the rest :smilewink:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Can we use bonus points to purchase anything? Don't see an option when adding M2k to cart.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Can we use bonus points to purchase anything? Don't see an option when adding M2k to cart.

Seems silly to me but bonus points can only be used at full price, off topic another thing I don't like is that the points expire i think within 1 year if you don't use them. My issue with this is it can take a few years before a new aircraft is released, 1 year is not enough.

Going to purchase the Harrier very soon and maybe NS430 for Albatross. When the sale is over I will use my bonuses on the Persian Gulf map before they expire early next year, then that will just leave the Yak on the shelf.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

I'll more than likely pick up the Harrier tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

... another thing I don't like is that the points expire i think within 1 year if you don't use them

Not really, the bonus points expire if you dont purchase something at full price within a year:

Bonuses will not expire as long as there is a purchase from the DCS e-shop during a period no greater than one year.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB