P-51H

grafspee

P-51H water injected packard build merlin engine capable of running 120inHg boost with around 2200HP power output what about this version of p-51 would be nice adition to ww2 planes in dcs :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

IIRC the "H" wasn't produced until after WWII.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

would make for a nice post ww2 aircraft.

A fantastic " Super prop" if you will, and the ultimate mustang.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

IIRC the "H" wasn't produced until after WWII.

Not true. It was created in 44 and flown in 45 and 500 of them made untill the war ended. Many more were ordered but the war ended. There was no big push for this plane as Allies had strategic air supperiority anyway and P-51D/K were enough.

When the war ended the orders have been cancelled. So they were not produced after WW2.

I myself do not like the way P-51H looks. They took the perfect shape of the D and started "improving" on it and that just created a less sleek looking design.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Yes, I saw yesterday already that they actually were in production during the war, but they were intended for use during the planed invasion of Japan, along with the P-47-N. Some of the first lot were deployed but none saw combat.

That during the Korean War the P-51D/K were used, I believe had only to do with logistics. They were all long out of production and there would certainly have been a much larger stockpile of spare parts for the D/K. They were mostly used for ground supports, so the H's being lighter and faster would not make terribly much difference in that role.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yeah, the P-51H was supposed to have been used during the invasion of Japan. As we know, a couple of really big bangs made that unnecessary. Then the war ended and the new jets made it unnecessary. It was designed as an air to air fighter, so couldn't carry much of a load. So, that made it unnecessary for Korea. So, basically, the airplane turned out to be...unnecessary.

Yeah, the P-51H was supposed to have been used during the invasion of Japan. As we know, a couple of really big bangs made that unnecessary. Then the war ended and the new jets made it unnecessary. It was designed as an air to air fighter, so couldn't carry much of a load. So, that made it unnecessary for Korea. So, basically, the airplane turned out to be...unnecessary.

The P51H's Air to Ground load-outs would actually rival P51D's loadout options

Youd still be able to carry either up to 10 HVAR rockets, or a Pair of bombs ( as large as the model AN/M65 1000 LBS bomb ) , or a Mix of 500 Lbs AN M64 bombs with up to 6 HVARS like the P51D.

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/northamericanaviation/p-51mustang/f-51hmustangstandardaircraftcharacteristics-3july1950.html

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD