The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

SkateZilla

the new utility version seems to not show PG terrain installed on the beta version.

Its there and all good, just for some reason does not register with the update?

Im probably doing it wrong

nZok2zt.jpg

I will double Check detection code, but it's working for me on my end,

please attach the /Saved Games/DCS Updater Utility/DCS Updater Utility.log

Had to reinstall DCS on a new PC, and this utility wouldn't allow any Starforce keys for WWII Assets, NTTR or Normandy. Just says 'the selected module does not have an external Starforce DRM console'.

Is that normal?

Thanks, Found Error in Code for Terrains, Fixed in next build, WWII Assets as well.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Change Log for v6.15.2018.1 / 1.1.0.1003 :

-Removed Admin Requirement

Note: if DCS is Set to Run as Admin, the App Must Be as Well.

-Adjusted Code for Presets/VR On/VR Off

-Condensed Preset Switching Code

-Removed SteamVR API Button

-Added Oculus Driver Setting in Settings Screen (Choose between Oculus Rift API Or SteamVR API)

-Adjusted VR/On Button to Launch VR On using Settings for Oculus Driver Settings, Does not Affect Non Oculus Headsets.

-Added Oculus VR / STEAM VR Driver Setting to My.Settings

-Adjusted Detection Code.

-Fixed Error in Code for NTTR/Normandy Starforce DRM

-Fixed Error in Code for WWII Assets Starforce DRM

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Excellent utility i use this all the time . Question what are the presets used for . Graphics ect ect .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Hi SkateZilla, first of all thank you for this great app!

I have one issue when DCS crashes (for some reason) the app continues to say DCS is still running so i can't run DCS from the app until next reboot

check task manager, the app tracks the dcs.exe process.

Excellent utility i use this all the time . Question what are the presets used for . Graphics ect ect .

allow user to have different resolutions/graphics settings.

No DCS.exe after crash

once dcs.exe process is terminated, it should say IDLE, and re-activate the buttons.

allow user to have different resolutions/graphics settings.

Thank you very much for this tool, our squad uses it all the time. How do you setup the Custom Presets with the different Res/settings? I am not understanding how to configure this part.

Thanks!

~ LA

[sIGPIC]sigpic89379_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

Black Knights Squadron Member

Thank you very much for this tool, our squad uses it all the time. How do you setup the Custom Presets with the different Res/settings? I am not understanding how to configure this part.

Thanks!

Once the Saved Games folder is set, the preset option will be enabled.

Select a Preset, Launch DCS, Set Everything in DCS (Resolution, GFX Options, Etc), Exit and it will save.

Select another Preset Repeat.

Change Log for Version 6.20.2018.1 / 1.1.0.1004

-Fixed Typo in Startup Code / Process Detection Code

-Added M-2000C Red Flag Campaign Assets

Skatezilla, Did you ever look into do a auto update feature instead of having people who use the client redownload the newest update of the tool?

There is no Option that's feasable right now for Auto Updating.

I've played with a few Visual Studio Addons for Deployment, but they don't function the way I would want them to,

Issue #1:

Since the App is stored on ED's Forum Attachment section they also limits how I can do things in terms of pinging files directly to get VersionInfo etc..

For Example.,

The Code now, I have it set to check version in a host text file on my Webserver, I update that file w/ all the DCS Versions and App Versions every time there's a update.

If Version Number in the Text File is Greater than the Users App Version Number, it will trigger the Update Elements to be visible.

If I move to hosting the App uncompressed on a HTTP Server that allows direct paths, I can have it check the .exe on the server, and if it's newer, download it, but you cannot override a file if it's open, So that Brings me to Issue #2

Issue #2:

So I would have to script a AutoUpdate EXE Separately from the Application itself.

Which I Am looking into and very easily capable of doing just not a priority, I do have webspace, but it's a free server and they do not allow files over 500kb, other storage sites (Google Drive etc) don't allow Direct Paths/Downloads.

I can Script the App to Check for Update, if one is available, Close Itself launch AutoUpdate EXE to Download and replace the App EXE and then Re-Launch the App.

It all comes down to certain things that arent really a priority right now, Maybe by the end of the summer.

Edited by SkateZilla

There is no Option that's feasable right now for Auto Updating.

I've played with a few Visual Studio Addons for Deployment, but they don't function the way I would want them to,

Issue #1:

Since the App is stored on ED's Forum Attachment section they also limits how I can do things in terms of pinging files directly to get VersionInfo etc..

For Example.,

The Code now, I have it set to check version in a host text file on my Webserver, I update that file w/ all the DCS Versions and App Versions every time there's a update.

If Version Number in the Text File is Greater than the Users App Version Number, it will trigger the Update Elements to be visible.

If I move to hosting the App uncompressed on a HTTP Server that allows direct paths, I can have it check the .exe on the server, and if it's newer, download it, but you cannot override a file if it's open, So that Brings me to Issue #2

Issue #2:

So I would have to script a AutoUpdate EXE Separately from the Application itself.

Which I Am looking into and very easily capable of doing just not a priority, I do have webspace, but it's a free server and they do not allow files over 500kb, other storage sites (Google Drive etc) don't allow Direct Paths/Downloads.

I can Script the App to Check for Update, if one is available, Close Itself launch AutoUpdate EXE to Download and replace the App EXE and then Re-Launch the App.

It all comes down to certain things that arent really a priority right now, Maybe by the end of the summer.

EDIT:

Actually,

Next Version will have Auto Updater Process with it,

So from that point on, when new update is released the App Will:

Check Server for Version Number, If new Version is Available, Prompt to Update, if user chooses yes,

The App will launch Mini-Updater and Close itself,

Mini-Updater will Create a "/Backup/" Folder in the same folder where both the DCS Updater Utility.exe and Mini-Updater EXE Reside.

Mini-Updater will Move DCS Updater Utility.exe to /Backup/ Folder and Add Date/Time to the File Name.

Mini-Updater will download the latest version from HTTP server and relaunch app.

If User Chooses No, App Continues as Normal, Update Can Be Started via Application Info / Check for Update.

I'm trying to keep the Mini-Updater as Clean and small as possible, so most of the checks will reside in the Main App.

Edited by SkateZilla

Actually, Next Version will have Auto Updater Process with it, so from that point on, when new update is released it will prompt, if user chooses yes, the App will launch updater and close itself, updater will download the latest version from http server and relaunch app.

That's awesome, I thought you had issues with an auto updater?

That's awesome, I thought you had issues with an auto updater?

Issues w/ using the Embedded Visual Studio Deployment and Click One Versioning,

And the Method I tried before was Updater Code Built into the same EXE, Instead, this time I separated it, into a smaller exe that will be packed w/ the updater App.

Select a Preset, Launch DCS, Set Everything in DCS (Resolution, GFX Options, Etc), Exit and it will save.

Awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. TY

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Another Lil Blurb, I managed to integrate a new update process that allows the app to download a new version of itself, and re-launch, without the use of an external downloader.

Now I just gotta clean up the coding mess I left behind (different process lines etc)

Question for you. In the SETTINGS, I have slot 1 as "2.5 Beta" and slot 2 as "2.5 GA". Those are my two presets (slot #1 and #2).

And I realize you can hit VR ON or VR OFF to launch the beta or the GA version w/ or w/o VR.

Now, if I want to have another preset (Slot #3), where do I point the SAVED games folder to? If I want a max'ed out setting for the openbeta, do I copy everything in c:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta to something like "c:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta-Slot3" and point the SAVED Games folder to it? I realize DCS creates the SAVED GAMES folders, but I don't want to have to recreate all the bindings.

Thanks

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Question for you. In the SETTINGS, I have slot 1 as "2.5 Beta" and slot 2 as "2.5 GA". Those are my two presets (slot #1 and #2).

And I realize you can hit VR ON or VR OFF to launch the beta or the GA version w/ or w/o VR.

Now, if I want to have another preset (Slot #3), where do I point the SAVED games folder to? If I want a max'ed out setting for the openbeta, do I copy everything in c:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta to something like "c:\users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta-Slot3" and point the SAVED Games folder to it? I realize DCS creates the SAVED GAMES folders, but I don't want to have to recreate all the bindings.

Thanks

Are you trying to use Graphics Presets or Different Builds?

EACH BUILD has a SLOT and SG FOLDER PATH, within that PATH the App will make the Presets,

User can Toggle Presets using the Drop down Menu under the Build name,.

Are you trying to use Graphics Presets or Different Builds?

EACH BUILD has a SLOT and SG FOLDER PATH, within that PATH the App will make the Presets,

User can Toggle Presets using the Drop down Menu under the Build name,.

Different graphics settings. I mean I have GA and OpenBeta, but I really care about having different graphic settings for Open beta. The PATH is what I was asking about. I have to point it to something, so if I'm starting out new, there is a directory structure. Maybe I'm missing something?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

:thumbup:

Just grabbed the latest version of this excellent tool, thanks so much for all your work on this!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|