Opening a Standalone Player Hosted Server

Spike (Zivi)

Hey,

I was trying to open a server to train with a friend and we couldn't work it out - server IP couldn't be found by non of us..

Any ideas? (We uploaded mission and did everything like the instructions)

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

FlighRIG => CPU: i7 8700k | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 3080 | OS Storage: SSD DCS Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 1TB, | Device: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | VR headset: HP reverb G2

חתימה SPIKE אינטראקטיבי.gif

Perhaps your ISP has assigned IPv6 addresses rather than IPv4 ?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Perhaps your ISP has assigned IPv6 addresses rather than IPv4 ?

Maybe. How can I check if that's the case?

FlighRIG => CPU: i7 8700k | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3200Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 3080 | OS Storage: SSD DCS Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 1TB, | Device: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS | VR headset: HP reverb G2

Go to this Site ... it will show you if you are on IPv4 or v6:

http://ip4.me/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

We are both on IPv4, but I keep getting a message that the server is offline... how do I make the sever to go online?

We are both on IPv4, but I keep getting a message that the server is offline... how do I make the sever to go online?

Make also sure that the IPv4 is only yours and not shared. ( You can ask directly to your ISP if you have public IP4 address )

You also need to make sure that:

1) Firewall port 10308 (UDP) it's open ( or the one you specify during the server creation )

2) On your modem/router you need to forward the port 10308 to your local IP address.

If everything is fine, you can use network tool like PacketSender with your friend and try to send receive message on the port that you want use with DCS ( 10308 UDP )

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Make also sure that the IPv4 is only yours and not shared. ( You can ask directly to your ISP if you have public IP4 address )

You also need to make sure that:

1) Firewall port 10308 (UDP) it's open ( or the one you specify during the server creation )

2) On your modem/router you need to forward the port 10308 to your local IP address.

If everything is fine, you can use network tool like PacketSender with your friend and try to send receive message on the port that you want use with DCS ( 10308 UDP )

Thanks allot! Can you explain how to do those things, or maybe direct me to a link or anything of that sort?

Thanks

Hey all, I'm still struggling with opening a privet server. if any one know how to solve the problem it would be gr8. thx

Thanks allot! Can you explain how to do those things, or maybe direct me to a link or anything of that sort?

Thanks

Hello

The big problem with this type of questions is that everyone's router is different, there are a zillion models of routers, so how to open a port or do a port forward is different on every one of them.

I use an Apple Router, so even if I were to post pics of my setup, they would be of no use to you :( ... so, thats why there isnt a link about this.

If I were on your place, I would start by reading the router's manual ... look for "Open Ports" and "Port forwarding".

If your router isnt yours, but belongs to your ISP, then you would need to contact them, to perform the configuration changes ... tough not many ISP bother with such requests :(

Dose anyone know what's DCS server number is - 10308? when I "port forwarding"

Hey,

I was trying to open a server to train with a friend and we couldn't work it out - server IP couldn't be found by non of us..

Three previous discussions for getting servers going:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2200921&postcount=24

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166405&highlight=server

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127230

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Dose anyone know what's DCS server number is - 10308? when I "port forwarding"

Yes, default port for DCS is 10308 UDP, but take care because you an change that port when you create new server.

nTPhUy8eKxADOR7iKZNXiESjHkYIug.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Hey all, thanks for everyone kind help. I managed to solve the problem by port forwarding (10308) on my router and by canceling the windows firewall.

Hurry!!!

Hey all, thanks for everyone kind help. I managed to solve the problem by port forwarding (10308) on my router and by canceling the windows firewall.

Hurry!!!

Don't turn off your firewall at all! create new firewall rule and allow the DCS PORT, it's better :thumbup:

Another common problem at least here in Argentina is that the ISP might have the ports closed on their end, and you have to request them to open it for you through tech Support.. and usually they aren´t very cooperative about it

Another common problem at least here in Argentina is that the ISP might have the ports closed on their end, and you have to request them to open it for you through tech Support.. and usually they aren´t very cooperative about it

You can specify the port yourself in DCS server so just select a port that is open by your ISP.

Don't turn off your firewall at all! create new firewall rule and allow the DCS PORT, it's better :thumbup:

I was trying to do so but my firewall wouldn't let me to open the port for some reason. I think I did everything right.