FUEL TRIGGER - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #1
Colmillo

Question FUEL TRIGGER

Hi Pilots
I want to ask for your help. I have tried for several days to set up a mission that indicates when a plane (specifically the F1 has a certain amount of fuel. The idea is that a group does air refueling and when it has 10,000 for example, it notifies the rest of the airplanes that action.
I have tried with parameters, but I do not know which one to use from the list I found (clickabledata.lua), I also tried to use Arguments, but I can not get it.
Does anyone know the magic words?

Thank you very much in advance
Attached Files
File Type: lua clickabledata.lua (43.7 KB, 49 views)

MB Gigabite GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 1.0 INTEL CORE I7 6700K 4.00 NO COOLER, I love danger...
(Just Kidding H115i) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM 64 SSD 1T ThrustMaster HOTAS
Warthog Oculus Rift (thanks to KORIEL advice) Saitek Pro Rudder
Colmillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:17 AM   #3
Colmillo

Thank you for your advice, I will try learning how to use those .lua
If you have any real example, it will be very helfull
Thanks again
Old 09-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Max fuel for the Hornet is XXXXX -> desired message comes when fuel level is YYYYY

So divide YYYYY by XXXXX to determine the decimal value. Then you'd do something along these lines. Disclaimer: I haven't tested this and I don't do a whole lot of .lua work.

Type:
3 CONTINUOUS (Fuel check at tanker, NO EVENT)
Conditions:
UNIT INSIDE MOVING ZONE (Hornet, Tanker, QuarterMile)
Triggered Actions:
DO SCRIPT (
Code:
if
Unit.getByName('Hornet'):getFuel = 0.7
then
trigger.action.setUserFlag(1, 1)
)

This checks the fuel state of a unit named "Hornet" when it is within a quarter-mile sized moving zone you have previously defined using the "create trigger zone" button and setting a 1/4 mile radius.
When the unit hits 70% of its total internal fuel, flag 1 is set to true. You can then create another trigger that looks for flag one to be true and performs an action using the GUI or use the outText and outSound functions if you want to contain the entire series of events to one script.

If you really want to dig in you can also do the unit spacing checks via script.

Last edited by feefifofum; 09-15-2018 at 12:43 AM.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #5
Colmillo

Excellent
I will try that, unfortunately in 5 more days, I am leaving home right now for work...
And thank you so much for your time helping me.
I ll tell you how it goes
Old 09-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #6
BlacleyCole

If you want to do anywhere I think the continuous condition would work not sure if you need a.zone to activate then it works continuously and sets the flag when the fuel hits the appropriate amount

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:28 AM   #7
feefifofum
3rd Party Developer

Right, but then it would also fire when the aircraft initially depletes its fuel prior to initiating refueling, which wouldn't produce the desired effect of displaying a message while the aircraft is refueling.
feefifofum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #8
Hardcard

@Colmillo

I'm afraid this would require a full script in order to work as intended.

I've written scripts that accomplish similar things, problem is that you'll need basic Lua knowledge to understand them.

Using scripts, I was able to determine the amount of external fuel tanks on, say, an F15C (based on fuel quantity), then use fuel quantity checks while refuelling, in order to receive different kinds of messages (air refuelling "success" or "failure", basically), which took the number of external fuel tanks "detected" into account.
Flags and/or scheduler stoppers can be used to prevent those messages from showing all the time, which is probably what you want.

Spanish is one of my native languages, so, if you want to, I can show you the basics of Lua, that way you can create your own scripts and overcome the limitations of the Mission Editor.

Mándame un privado y te comento.

Last edited by Hardcard; 09-17-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #9
Hardcard

@ Colmillo

Parece que tienes los mensajes privados desactivados, puedes enviarlos, pero no recibirlos.
Cambia la configuración de tu cuenta (customize profile > Edit Options > Activa "Enable Private Messaging" y desactiva "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators")

Last edited by Hardcard; 09-17-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Hardcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
Colmillo

Gracias, Estaba activado "Enable Private msg", pero no desactivado "Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators"
(Estoy saliendo de KLAX - SCEL, te contesto a mi arribo)

MB Gigabite GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 1.0 INTEL CORE I7 6700K 4.00 NO COOLER, I love danger...
(Just Kidding H115i) ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB RAM 64 SSD 1T ThrustMaster HOTAS
Warthog Oculus Rift (thanks to KORIEL advice) Saitek Pro Rudder

Last edited by Colmillo; 09-17-2018 at 08:12 PM.