What would you expect from a carrier modul by ED?

RED

I found no better place than the chit-chat section. Idea came with Wags talking about CASE I/II in the last video.

I mainly think of the F-14 and F/A-18 but the Harrier with a completely different carrier is affected, too.

Please do not use this as a Wishlist Thread and throw random aircraft and alike into the discussion.

Q: Will carrier operations be included?

A: Basic carrier operations will be available at Early Access launch, but they will first be reliant on the carrier operations based on what we have currently for the Su-33. During the Early Access period, more detailed and realistic carrier operations of Case I, II, and III will become available.

So what would we need in a (paid) modul to fly around and land on/takeoff the carrier (setting the bar high :megalol:) that is not already implemented currently? Add your ideas!

Let's see what Heatblur brings us with their Cat, too.

I divided my ideas into requirements in Single Player, Multi Player and "nice to have" features for the two.

---

requirements in Single Player

manuals with good information about take-off configuration (e.g. trim) and fuel requirements

Flight Deck Personnel - Yellow Shirts, needed to move you around the deck (hand signals) and shoot you off

AI planes that follow arrival and departure procedures in CASE I/II/III weather and do not run you over on the flight deck

improved tankers; if we get a wave off in CASE III weather and have little fuel we need a recovery tanker that does not let us down like current tanker crews

- improved pattern, more than a simple left hand holding/anker without alterable radius (e.g. recovery tanker should be able to follow the CV)

- all the needed information over radio for a rendezvous in CASE III (altitude is not enough! and with the current altimeter bug useless anyway)

- headsup for altitude, heading or speed changes

AI Carrier ATC Center/Marshall

- gives at least wind, visibility and cloud as weather information and BRC (base recovery course)

- gives departure and arrival instructions and nav assistance in CASE III (ATC is able to currently but very primitiv)

AI Air Boss

- gives at least wind, visibility and cloud as weather information and defines the CASE

- gives launch and recovery instructions

AI LSO or paddles

- the appropriate informativ, advisory and imperative calls

Carrier equipment

- instrument approach (TACAN, ICLS, ACLS)

- IFLOLS (Improved Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System) with a 2D aid for VR users or low res. displays users

- Long Range Laser and Line Up System

- jet blast deflectors

- catapult

---

"nice to have" in SP

Flight Deck Personnal

- all the other colours as "decoration" e.g. LSO on their platform

- crews chain/unchain, refuel, rearm

- "first person" walk to your jet

AI Carrier ATC Center

- gives full weather information e.g. sea conditions

- gives departure and arrival instructions and nav assistance in CASE I/II/III

LSO

- grading of your landing

Carrier equipment

-back up MOVLAS (Manually Operated Visual Landing Aid System)

-land based IFLOLS for training

-movable elevators

-barricade

---

additional requirements for a good Multi Player experience

a LSO/AIR Boss slot

- can switch to Deck/LSO views

- can direct the deck personnal (Yellow) to give taxi instructions or shoot s.o. off

- can easily maneuver the CV and attached vessels (set course/speed, no need for a 3D bridge)

- has a ship based air radar view and NOT F10 view where he e.g. sees 5, 10 and 50 nm radius and IPs set in the ME

dynamic aircraft slots

- if you hop into an aircraft slot you can choose your position on the carrier so that an airborne aircraft does not block the space where it spawned in

reduced lag with new people joining in or taking a new slot

- current 1 to 30 sec (with an average ~ 10 sec) lags would make a recovery impossible

---

"nice to have" in MP

LSO/Air Boss slot

- allows to switch the CASE for AI planes

• Like 1

A little different angle and slightly off topic. But still a part of carrier ops.

Yes Wish list, but how hard would it be for the Devs to provide the ability to “save” pilots who eject near carrier?

Put the pilots who eject in a life raft instead of sinking into death.

And of course have the ability to pick them up with a chopper and return them to the carrier.

Certainly, chopper pilots getting involved in Multiplayer Carrier Ops could be a thing.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

We need an AI plane guard, and the "Angel" should work properly. An SH-60B or later would work in that role, though what I'd really like is an SH-3G, just for old time's sake. Carrier ops with no plane guard would seem incomplete.

And maybe a C-2A. Somebody has to fly those spares aboard.

The ability to rig the barrier would be nice.

Working elevators and a hangar deck?

What would you expect from a carrier modul by ED?

Think you covered pretty much all of it in the OP, but for MP I would really suggest VOIP radio Comms being added as well for being able to talk your way through everything on and off the deck, approach, landing, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I wish I had added these next wishes to the original thread Wags started a long time ago....

New "carrier view" on the map where the user of the carrier (i.e. player controlled) can see a radar overlay of the carrier and any objects detected. I'd like the ability for pilots to set squawk codes and for those to be visible as well. The player can also point and click to target hostile aircraft or missiles.

There should be another view where the player controlling the carrier can plan aircraft movement on the deck and hangar space. The actual movement would be carried out by players and or AI.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

re : Message #1

Have been around awhile doing PC flight sims since 1985.

I have had, by other companies, F-14, Harrier, F-18, etc.

I expect from DCS >>>> THE_BEST_THERE_IS !!!

DCS should be charging everybody a membership fee to fund these guys for adequate cash flow!

-

-

And hope Pop and his guys come over and quit using Prepar3D

========================================

http://vcw-8.com

https://www.facebook.com/vcwcom/?pnref=story

https://www.vrsimulations.com

https://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/search/label/T-45C

Edited by DieHard
added stuff

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little different angle and slightly off topic. But still a part of carrier ops.

Yes Wish list, but how hard would it be for the Devs to provide the ability to “save” pilots who eject near carrier?

Put the pilots who eject in a life raft instead of sinking into death.

And of course have the ability to pick them up with a chopper and return them to the carrier.

Certainly, chopper pilots getting involved in Multiplayer Carrier Ops could be a thing.

Yes!

Been wanting this for a long time.

Jolly Green for pilot pickup out in the trees!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1 Though they have said in a newsletter some of the features they plan to include.

"Aircraft Carriers

We see 2016 as a big year for aircraft carrier operations as we plan to release both Nimitz-class aircraft carrier and Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier modules. Both of these modules will be incredibly detailed models with working elevators, interior hanger bays, animated ship systems, and the ability to walk around inside the ships. These will be optional modules that would replace the existing ships currently in DCS World."

This is a brilliant start :thumbup:

For me I would expect all essential carrier equipment to be properly facilitated, which I imagine it's going to be.

I'd expect every weapon system to be functional, or at least fitted for but not with (looking at you UDAV-1 on the admiral Kuznetsov) new things like decoy launchers and better ship functionality. Obviously all dependent on the price.

Other than that OP nailed it.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.