2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

No. Completely new install. Will be much quicker if you already have 2.2 installed as it will take most of the files from them

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

No. Completely new install

That's only for the Stable Release branch. Open Beta branch will be an update.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just do not uninstall DCS World 1.5 and DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 1.5 and 2.2. This should greatly reduce the amount of time to update to DCS World 2.5.

This still counts as an update. AS ITS NOT GOING TO BE A FRESH INSTALL.

The same thing happened when they released 1.5 to 1.2.

The newsletter went strangely under the radar for me, forum not giving a 'new post' indication, and the post date being the 28th.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3338291#post3338291

Anyway, what a year we are in for. Bring on 2018 :thumbup:

Yup, quite a news letter. I don't know if they'll be able to deliver all of that in 2018 but even just a third would be an achievement. I'm personally looking forward to the C-101CC. Been waiting 3 years for it!

2.5 will be a new download and install, and NOT an update to open alpha/beta.

"DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). " Todays newsletter.

As I said before, this is about the Stable Release Branch. The Open Beta will be updated as per Wags statement:

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). In other words, DCS World 2.5 will replace DCS World 1.5 Stable. The current 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to be DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. As such DCS 2.5 Stable and DCS 2.5 Open Beta will be available at the same time. DCS 2.1 Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yup, quite a news letter. I don't know if they'll be able to deliver all of that in 2018 but even just a third would be an achievement. I'm personally looking forward to the C-101CC. Been waiting 3 years for it!
Pretty sure most of these are just in the future....not 2018

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Pretty sure most of these are just in the future....not 2018

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

It seems to me the newsletter explicitly states these modules are planned to be released in 2018.

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January
  • DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
  • DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • DCS: JF-17
  • DCS: MiG-19
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind
  • DCS: F-4E Phantom II
  • DCS: Bo-105
  • C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module
  • DCS: Yak-52
  • DCS: I-16
  • DCS: Christen Eagle II
  • New aircraft carriers
  • Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps
  • Several other unannounced projects

TBH, it's not a massive list when you consider about 8 of them are near some sort of release anyway (marked in orange):

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January
  • DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
  • DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map
  • DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • DCS: JF-17
  • DCS: MiG-19
  • DCS: Mi-24P Hind
  • DCS: F-4E Phantom II
  • DCS: Bo-105
  • C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module
  • DCS: Yak-52
  • DCS: I-16
  • DCS: Christen Eagle II
  • New aircraft carriers
  • Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps
  • Several other unannounced projects

I'm tempted to even throw the JF-17 into orange as well judging by Deka's Facebook posts.

Edited by Buzzles

Firs off great newsletter. I wish everyone in the forums a happy new year. This year with the release of 2.5 which will join the players who use only 1.5 or use only 2.x into a single community. I have high hopes for DCS and all other developers when we move into 2018.

Wish all the DCS Developers and Forum members and there families a happy and healthy New year

Firs off great newsletter. I wish everyone in the forums a happy new year. This year with the release of 2.5 which will join the players who use only 1.5 or use only 2.x into a single community. I have high hopes for DCS and all other developers when we move into 2018.

Wish all the DCS Developers and Forum members and there families a happy and healthy New year

:thumbup:

Agreed, I am with you there!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

+1

Compared to handful of modules released this year, the list above looks pretty impressive. DCS is really gaining momentum.

2017 has proved to be a great year for DCS World with the release of several great modules like the Normandy 1944 Map, the updated Su-33, the AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, the AJS-37 Viggen, many fantastic campaigns, new objects and units for the DCS World maps like the World War II AI units, the NS 430, improvements to the mission editor and VR, and many, many more.

Yeah, "releases". The sad thing is that if I had a policy of buying only finished products, I wouldn't have spent a single $ on ED in 2017.

Let's just hope 2018 will be a better year.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The plan is looking really exciting. Happy about that.

Little surprised that there's no mention of any WW2 aircraft.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yep, all sounding very good!

They recommend keeping 1.5 and 2.2 intact for downloading the new 2.5 when it becomes available to save some download time, however I just do not have enough room for this on my gaming SSD, so will have to uninstall something. But in any event, it will all be so well worth the effort!

End of Jan is not too far now.

I have the same problem with my SSD. I wonder if 2.5 would be able to get all of my modules off of 2.2 since I have the same ones installed on both beta versions??

EDIT: I just saw the explanation about 1.5 OpenBeta being updated to 2.5. That's a huge reliefe for me! Thank you Wags and company! Great newsletter by the way!

Edited by AG-51_Razor

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, "releases". The sad thing is that if I had a policy of buying only finished products, I wouldn't have spent a single $ on ED in 2017.

Let's just hope 2018 will be a better year.

There have been quite some modules been released this year, which have entered Early Access in 2016. The final release usally goes pretty quietly and unnoticed as the module is often available for months in Early Acces at this point.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Actually the I-16 is a ww2 aircraft. :D

Wonder what's with P-40...

It’s from WW2 but does it really count as an aircraft? :music_whistling: :lol:

Looks more like a clown car with wings to me...

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Which ones?

Mirage is still in development and Razbam is working on stuff that should have been done before release, like a proper manual. Other than that I don't know about any other module that has been quitely released.

Though I can agree that ED is recently blurring the lines between early access and released modules. I'm not even sure if the list from my signature is up to date.

Hi,

Offical Homepage

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/index.php

Under Products you can find a release-date (or not), e.g.

A-10C Release: 04-10-2010

MC-2000 Release: 20-04-2017

Nevada-Map Release: 01-09-2017

Under E-Shop

Early Access (or nothing for Release-Version)

Deka Ironwork, I think it should be AFM with click pit, but details are sparse.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro