Is it a bird? Is it a super bird?

Dolphin887

so this bird cannot fire any single bullet?

Jet trainer and light ground attack aircraft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_G-4_Super_Galeb

Would not be for me.

edit: Oh, and in that Wikipedia entry it says Super Galeb means Super Seagull. Super bird...

edit 2: "During the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, seven G-4s of the Leteće zvezde aerobatics team were destroyed at Golubovci Air Base.[3]"

That could explain the TGP-like picture we got as a hint.

Edited by WolfK33

One guy on reddit (slamonfingers) said something right :

"[...] it might be a F-100 Super Sabre?

It fits the 'super' clue, looks a bit like the shadow in the recon photo, and served with the Thunderbirds."

I could add that the A-4 Skyhawk could also be a theory, having served in the Blue Angels.

Or, due to "suprises", it could be a CM-175 Zéphyr.

Soko G-4 Super Galeb. Hasn´t that bird been suggested before in this thread ?

Yep, best guess from my POV.

Hint 4 is in Dolphin´s profile:

https://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=47878

Note that the filename ends with ".gif.jpg." I have no idea about that stuff, but could it be that it´s a gif and we can get it "moving" somehow ?

Is that some electronics stuff, a plan for wiring something similar ?

Which means that the box from yesterday is an aerobatic box:

image024.jpg

Hmmm

This thread is great fun. 50% are just the most random airframes that ever flew this planet, the other 49% is people just randomly calling 'proper' aircraft they want the most in DCS and try to connect the hints to it, and 1% is actually trying to connect all the hints and then make an educated guess with substantiation. You gotta love this kind of teasing :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

i hope it is not super galep. i see no difference between hawk, c101 and this one.

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This thread is great fun. 50% are just the most random airframes that ever flew this planet, the other 49% is people just randomly calling 'proper' aircraft they want the most in DCS and try to connect the hints to it, and 1% is actually trying to connect all the hints and then make an educated guess with substantiation. You gotta love this kind of teasing :D

That's a pretty accurate discription of what is happening here :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

From Reddit:

(credit zZChicagoZz)

fGwf_fimDv-PkmT-AuDij5kofBZtJ0hBriiZHOCXYmI.jpg?w=768&f_Gwf_fim_Dv-_Pkm_T-_Au_Dij5kof_BZt_J0h_Brii_ZHOCXYm_I.jpg

fGwf_fimDv-PkmT-AuDij5kofBZtJ0hBriiZHOCXYmI.jpg?w=768&

Batajnica Airodrom, Serbia.

Might really be Super Galeb.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

A-4 Skyhawk seems to be the best guess for the moment. It matches the hints for "bird, supper bird" (hawk) and the connection with aerobatics as it has been used by Blue Angels.

Just speculating but A-4 had been developed since some time as an independent project. Joining forces or taking over abandoned project may be another fact to consider the A-4.

Additionally the A-4 does not seem to be extremely complex, making it a good project for for M3 which are probably not such a big team after the split.

However, if that's the A-4, ED has to really thing about assets for it, including the era carrier. On the other hand if it is A-4 I'll start to have some real hopes for Vietnam period reflected in DCS. Just throw in F-105, Super Sabre and with F-5, MiG-21, MiG-19 there should be a great start for DCS journey into that period.

180.jpg

PS 1: Great find Vatikus linking the hint from LN page with aerobatic box :thumbup: Sorry but forum does not allow me to rep you but if anyone else can kind request to do it ;)

PS 2: It would be an ironical coincidence if it's A-4 as it's not exactly the most prettiest plane in the world while there was a lot of planes with "controversial" look posted in this thread.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Jet trainer and light ground attack aircraft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_G-4_Super_Galeb

Would not be for me.

edit: Oh, and in that Wikipedia entry it says Super Galeb means Super Seagull. Super bird...

edit 2: "During the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, seven G-4s of the Leteće zvezde aerobatics team were destroyed at Golubovci Air Base.[3]"

That could explain the TGP-like picture we got as a hint.

Sounds very plausible to me. Let's hope you are wrong!!!

If it really was going to be that bird, my reactions would be like :huh: then :( , and finally :mad:

I do like trainers, and some of them - being the most popular training planes with many airforces - make perfect sense in DCS and find a big group of interested users. L-39, Hawk, absolutely. A T-38 would be welcomed by many for sure. The C101 already was a niche plane from the very beginning... but a Yugoslav Super Galeb??? Come on...

Sounds very plausible to me. Let's hope you are wrong!!!

If it really was going to be that bird, my reactions would be like :huh: then :( , and finally :mad:

I do like trainers, and some of them - being the most popular training planes with many airforces - make perfect sense in DCS and find a big group of interested users. L-39, Hawk, absolutely. A T-38 would be welcomed by many for sure. The C101 already was a niche plane from the very beginning... but a Yugoslav Super Galeb??? Come on...

I guess the reason for this choice is, that Dolphin has probably flown the Super Galeb himself, just like their previous module, the MiG-21.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

"Just speculating but A-4 had been developed since some time as an independent project. Joining forces or taking over abandoned project may be another fact to consider the A-4."

That would explain all of the drinking on the beach pics by the Community A-4 devs lol.....but really I would say they are probably not doing that. they just refused a request to hop on their team and help from another dev who has another A-4 project going, stating that the reason for their refusing the help was because the team works really well together after having worked for 2 years as a team - it wouldn't make sense for them to join another team based on that.