10 year old F-16 model look good!

Raisuli

I was building a flight line of static objects (unplayable aircraft) in my training mission, and ran into some models for, I believe, the upcoming release. Safe to say they're not done, but gosh they look good!

Of course there's a really nasty bit missing...no COANG livery :smilewink:

I was building a flight line of static objects (unplayable aircraft) in my training mission, and ran into some models for, I believe, the upcoming release. Safe to say they're not done, but gosh they look good!

Feel free to elaborate

Poor ED. They are investing thousands of hours to design a great looking new F-16 model and people are already delighted when they see this old horrible low res model with low res textures.:lol::lol::lol:

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Somewhere out there the original artists for those old models is reading this and feeling very pleased with themselves...

I think we can assume the new version will be a whole lot more detailed! And probably not mistakenly slipped into the game pre-release, haha

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Small world, 140th AMXS here. :D

As far as the models go, I'm not so sure you're looking at what ED is building right now and more the existing ones before they started building the Block 50. My guess is it's nowhere near ready to be implemented in patches to the public even on that level.

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Small world, 140th AMXS here. :D

As far as the models go, I'm not so sure you're looking at what ED is building right now and more the existing ones before they started building the Block 50. My guess is it's nowhere near ready to be implemented in patches to the public even on that level.

No, they're NOT ready, not by a long margin, but they still look nice. The A model is a far cry from the 50/52, but the lime is still my favorite.

Nothing like that F-14 up close and personal. If this is a taste of things to come then it's going to be amazing. My first flight simulator was A2FS1, so I've seen this go from...nothing, to Heatblur's F-14. My dad was a nose gunner on B24s, and he saw fighters carry more bombs than his bomber. I'm starting to understand how jarring those technological leaps are.

What are you talking about? The F-16 model current in the sim has been in DCS for.... 10 years? lol

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.