[BUG] Fix the Gaming Mice Polling Rate stuttering - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
cancan69

Exclamation [BUG] Fix the Gaming Mice Polling Rate stuttering

Hi to everybody

I am here to suggest some support for the gaming mice out there that are stuttering and incompatible with DCS due to their polling rate.

I am using a Logitech Mouse G203, it is a good mouse and perfect on any game except for DCS: in fact I have several issues when I try to move the cursor, since it doesn't move on a regular basis but instead randomly, and my physical movements do not correspond to logical movements most of the times (if I move my mouse on my desk left of 1cm, most of the time the game does not recognize this movement).

For this reason every time I want to play DCS I need to use my old mouse which is obviously less accurate.

For this reason I am asking Eagle Dynamics if it is possible to fix this weird bug, specially for people relying on mouse in order to move their visual around.

What do you guys think?
cancan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:32 AM   #2
Aluminum Donkey

Logitech G603 user here. I just set my mouse to "endurance mode" (125 Hz polling rate, instead of 1000 Hz.)

It gives much longer battery life, and I really can't tell the difference in any kind of game, and am mostly convinced that a 1000 Hz polling rate for a mouse is more of a gimmick than anything.

125 Hz is excellent for gaming and works well in DCS.

AD
Asus Z170-P, i5-6600k at 4.5 GHz, 1.35V w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO, 2 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 4 @ 3000MHz 15-15-15-35, Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 single screen, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!
Aluminum Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote