Witchcraft LUA interactive console utility fails during install Problem an FIX - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
Stix_09

Default Witchcraft LUA interactive console utility fails during install Problem an FIX

ISSUE: Witchcraft LUA console and debug utility for DCS fails during install due to problem with nodejs tool version included with utility.
{FYI: Witchcraft is a very useful tool to debug your LUA script code for your missions , using a web browser.}

Issue posted in another thread on forums HERE (but really its in wrong area of this forum for discussion)

I have re-posted here in the relevant forum section so others that may have this issue can find it easier. See the original thread discussion for further details

Its an old issue that has not be addressed by author (prob as nobody posted a bug report on github about issue, until now)

QUOTE:of my post from the other thread topic discussing the problem.

Quote:
Yes I'm glad I found this thread, i had same issue after following correct install procedure for witchcraft , it also failed to work for me.

Once I deleted "nodejs" folder in the install and replaced it with this current "Windows Binary (.zip)" (64 bit)
from HERE then it worked. (i guess the 32 and 64 bit versions of nodejs both work)
fyi: My windows ver is 10

Hope this helps ppl get it working, be nice is author of witchcraft updated his download with this too.

EDIT:
posted this issue and solution on github site for author of witchcraft.

Last edited by Stix_09; 02-06-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Stix_09 is offline   Reply With Quote