My pilot CRM error trk

DmitriKozlowsky

A rather comical CRM errors I made on a refresher low alt nav mission.

Priorities;

1. Fly aircraft

2. Navigate aircraft

3. Monitor systems, fuel, mission objectives,and perform CRM.

Comically I let 2 and 3 slip. I simulated SHORAD air defense avoidance, and went much farther off course then needed. Ran low on gas and had to make emergency divert. But lost CRM track of airspeed on approach. Landed short, a little bit, but escaped damage. Allowed nose gear to drop too early denying aerobraking, thus increasing my landing run. Did not have fuel for missed approach. On taxi , lost track of gnd speed, and was blindsided by loss of gear steering.

How many CRM errors can one pilot make on one mission , and at critical flight phase?

Problem started before mission when I decided to only carry 1/2 internal and one center line tank. I wanted to train low level nav , NOE flight, with light tactical fuel load.

On departure, stayed 20 seconds to long in full AB.

In RL, mission performance as this, that would probably get me grounded and transferred to copy machine control officer billet.

I welcome all shaming and duncing.

M2K_pilotCRM_error.trk

Small piece of advice:

Aero breaking isn't meant to decrease lading run length. It's meant to lower braking system wear.

If you land on short runway, you're supposed to ground the nose wheel as ASAP and use breaks.

- On touch down: extend air brake

- put nose wheel down

- break and apply full aft stick

:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi