TGP Getting Masked & White Hot Leaf Graphics - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 12:05 AM   #11
Ramsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
... we no longer seem to have the field of view we used to have (especially aft)
As far as I can tell the maths for 2.5.5.34108 looks good and the previous (1.5.6) "look back" was overly generous.

Using Altitude and Slant Range from my previous post, I calculate the rear cone half-angle as 44°.

AFAIK the TGP rear half-angle is approx. 40°, the blank occurring 4° sooner than expected, is likely due to the A-10C being pitched up at approx +4.5° as shown in the tacview.

Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 AM   #12
75th-VFS-Striker

I was flying level and not even close to 40 degrees but I'll check it again. I didn't have a non static object on the airfield so I can't see the angle in Tacview.
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
75th-VFS-Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:35 AM   #13
75th-VFS-Striker

OK, so here's a picture of my Tacview showing the exact time that the TGP was masked at 7:52. I did a select jet of some BDU's to time it and they came off the rack at almost exactly 7:54, two seconds later. If someone can explain to me how to get the slant angle, I'll post it. I'm not very good with the functions in Tacview. But that looks pretty darn close to 45 degrees to me. I know it can be deceiving though so I would like to get the exact angle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tacview Angle.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	470.0 KB
ID:	215439  
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Old 08-14-2019, 01:41 AM   #14
Emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75th-VFS-Striker View Post
OK, so here's a picture of my Tacview showing the exact time that the TGP was masked at 7:52. I did a select jet of some BDU's to time it and they came off the rack at almost exactly 7:54, two seconds later. If someone can explain to me how to get the slant angle, I'll post it. I'm not very good with the functions in Tacview. But that looks pretty darn close to 45 degrees to me. I know it can be deceiving though so I would like to get the exact angle.
If you right click the middle field at the top that’s between You and the object you’re tied to, you can change the display to relative bearing.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:44 AM   #15
Emmy

It’s possible that our previous FOV was overly generous, but if it was changed, then it should be documented and reported as such to the community. This is how “Bug Chases” start and it could be avoided with one line in a change log.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
www.crosswindimages.com
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:06 AM   #16
75th-VFS-Striker

RGR, I set it at "Range/Relative Bearing" and I'm assuming it's from off the nose and if you guys say that the nose is up 4 degrees then that would be 180-139+4. That would be 45 degrees, correct? Yes, and it would be nice if we knew this were going to happen. I wouldn't have posted it as a bug.
32 GB Memory
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit