Ammo in DCS for runaways

Fisu_MAD

Hi,

there is some ammunition that works in runaway. MK bomb crates isn't enough against it. I want some for multiplayer use.

Edited by Fisu_MAD

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Not sure if possible in DCS but MK bombs IRL could have the delay set to a higher delay to allow the bomb to penetrate the asphalt/Concrete before detonating. I do not believe BLU-107 durandal's are implemented.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

What are you trying to achieve?

Any bomb — indeed any munition — that damages the runway shuts down the ATC for that airport, which means no AI flights will be cleared to start or land there.

No bomb will cause any damage that can stop players since they ignore all craters they aren't aware of and can drive around any that they are.

Some munitions — notably the BetAB-500ShP and Belouga — are supposed to create longer repair timers for the runways, but for the most part, missions don't run long enough for that to ever matter, and when it does you're still just back to how it only really affects AI planes.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

The lack of damage to runways and ordnance that can damage runways may not be much of an issue now, but will become a pretty big factor (hopefully, anyway) once the dynamic campaign is released. Shutting down hostile airbases by cratering runways is vital to the success of the Voldemort sim's. campaign.

Pfft. Cratering the runways will just mean people use the taxiways or takeoff whichever direction they're facing when they spawn... which is what they do half the time anyway. I think it won't make neaaaarly as much difference as you think :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

. Shutting down hostile airbases by cratering runways is vital to the success of the Voldemort sim's. campaign.

And hostile resources too. 2 - 2 = 0 will be nice to have a start point with x resources

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

Pfft. Cratering the runways will just mean people use the taxiways or takeoff whichever direction they're facing when they spawn... which is what they do half the time anyway. I think it won't make neaaaarly as much difference as you think :p

True, it won't make much difference online, but it certainly will offline with the new DC, whenever it's released.

But won't people just take off from the taxi way? I mean they do that sometimes anyway...

Online, yes, it can and most likely will be next to useless, but offline in SP, with the upcoming Dynamic Campaign, it will be an incredibly important aspect as it will prevent opposing forces from deploying their air forces, and prevent aerial resupplies.

But won't people just take off from the taxi way? I mean they do that sometimes anyway...

Not if you bomb the taxi-way too, you can shut down all but the biggest airports to players with 4-8 GBU-31v3s. Runway/taxiway bombing has and is being used to pretty great effect on MP servers (BF & DDCS in particular).

In wartime situations, I would think that as long as there was a long enough hard top surface, it would be used as a runway. So why are people questioning taking off from the taxi ways? Under normal circumstances it's not funny, but as an F-14 pilot, we did when the RIO bug was there when you crossed the runway.

I seem to recall that in the opening stage of Desert Storm the RAF Tornados used JP.233 dispensers to crater Iraqi runways. A dangerous type of attack to fly, as the AAA pretty much knows where you are going to be and as the old saying goes: if you dance with an elephant, at least make it worthwhile! They quickly quit on the runways and went for the approach taxiways instead, the thinking being that this not only prevents planes from taxiing to the runways, but also shuts down taxiways that could possibly be used to launch planes.

For take-offs they are probably a viable alternative, if need be. People tend to do it in DCS (and other simulators) purely for being too lazy to taxi around a corner, generally, which is why it is frowned upon by many. Especially if you've fallen victim to the ensuing accidents once too often.

Now for landing, that's a different story. Taxiways generally have much less foundation than actual runways, so depending on where you are, it might actually give way on touchdown.