[NOW IN OPEN BETA]Portugal missing

fagulha

Hi everyone,

I´d love to see my country in DCS but that will be ever possible? And why not? Portugal is one the NATO founders i think will be fair be part of this wonderful world of DCS.

Thank you in advance,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hi everyone,

I´d love to see my country in DCS but that will be ever possible? And why not? Portugal is one the NATO founders i think will be fair be part of this wonderful world of DCS.

Thank you in advance,

F.

Amen to that - força nisso !

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Same w. Argentina for some reason

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I really don't see why it shouldn't be.

I can´t see no reason to be left out. And Argentina as Lunatic98 commented before.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

:)

Amen to that - força nisso !

:)

Abraço!

Maybe it'll get added when the F-16 makes it's debut, since they've flown it.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I didn't think Argentina had an aircraft carrier to fly these types of boarded aircraft.

portugal does not have an aircraft carrier.

So?

How many DCS countries have aircraft carrier?...

Concordo... Nós temos cá o F-16 MLU, na Esquadra 201 ;)

Abraço dos Falcões.

Roundel_of_Portugal.svg

Na esquadra 701 só temos Hornets e Tomcats.

Mas futuramente vamos ter o F-16C :)

Um abraço dos Lobos e bons voos.

Maybe it'll get added when the F-16 makes it's debut, since they've flown it.

Hope so! Its due.

I didn't think Argentina had an aircraft carrier to fly these types of boarded aircraft.

Argentina did have the Colossus class ARA Veinticinco de Mayo (ex. HNLMS Karel Doorman, which in turn was the ex. HMS Venerable) which could operate A-4Q Skyhawks (USN A-4B equivalent) and S-2 Trackers

Back on topic

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Hey, buy me a good Bacalhao dinner the next time I'm in Lisbon and I'll persuade them ;)

Agreed!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Hey, buy me a good Bacalhao dinner the next time I'm in Lisbon and I'll persuade them ;)

There are more than 365 different dishes of bacalhau :) and you´ve got to try the "Bitoque" :)

and you´ve got to try the "Bitoque" :)

I have, and I love it!!! Totally OT, but I've been down your way many times already & am even considering moving there permanently at some point, because I've found you guys great and your country lovely. Would I fit in? OK, getting totally OT now it has to be admitted...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I have, and I love it!!! Totally OT, but I've been down your way many times already & am even considering moving there permanently at some point, because I've found you guys great and your country lovely. Would I fit in? OK, getting totally OT now it has to be admitted...

Madonna choose to live in Lisbon for a reason… :) so, come on over!

Back to topic again :P

sure why not

Although the only aircraft currently in DCS that Portugal operated would have been the F86F.

They do operate the F16, but not the F16C blk 50CM. They have F16A blk 15's that were later upgraded to MLU standard.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

sure why not

Although the only aircraft currently in DCS that Portugal operated would have been the F86F.

They do operate the F16, but not the F16C blk 50CM. They have F16A blk 15's that were later upgraded to MLU standard.

5361-portuguese-air-force-north-american-f-86-sabre_PlanespottersNet_276601_882dc3c4b0.jpg

SKIN DCS

51A.jpg

It is true that Portugal can currently use the SABER F86.