Any concern over Harrier development?

imacken

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything in the Harrier was actually updated, .. nor the Mig-19.

Aside from manifest files, no other files for the 2 aircraft were updated.

Someone missed the boat, .. again.

.. or, somebody at ED has screwed the patch content.

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Don't. Buy. Early. Access. Products.

This was one of the worst posts I've seen on these forums. Wishing a company that already released 3 nice modules (and by the way, they keep updating and releasing new features on them) to close doors is nuts. You whining guys are a cancer in this community.

Applauding to what Razbam is doing seems for me more like the cancer in this community.

Because that will lead to never finished modules and ten's of modules in EA by one developer gaining more and more not fixed bugs.

The customers should be satisfied, and Razbam's customers are, beside a few fanboys, more then pissed of instead of satisfied.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I don't think anything in the Harrier was actually updated, .. nor the Mig-19.

Aside from manifest files, no other files for the 2 aircraft were updated.

Someone missed the boat, .. again.

.. or, somebody at ED has screwed the patch content.

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

HUD Update: Steer-To point symbol available on NAV and VTOL modes.

HUD reacts to device damage:

- INS

- Mission Computer (MSC)

- Weapons Manager (SMS)

- Armament Control Panel (ACP)

- Aircraft Computer (ADC)

Roll Stabilized Sight (iron sight) enabled (WiP)

MPCD STRS (Stores) page reacts to device damage (WiP)

Weapons Manager (SMS) damage model update (WiP)

DCS MIG-19 by RAZBAM

FM Updates: Throttle logic and braking behavior.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3904062#post3904062

They missed the boat again it seems.

The latest file dates are from 24-04-2019 (the day the previous patch was released).

Sometines I wonder how much communication there is between ED and Razbam.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Changelog doesn't mean much if no files were really updated.

Again.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Applauding to what Razbam is doing seems for me more like the cancer in this community.

Because that will lead to never finished modules and ten's of modules in EA by one developer gaining more and more not fixed bugs.

The customers should be satisfied, and Razbam's customers are, beside a few fanboys, more then pissed of instead of satisfied.

More or less this.

Other modules have problems, or are incomplete, but people don't seem to mind as much because they have some faith those will get fixed. And thats a combination of previous performance and good community management, both of which Razbam seems to lack. I mean people are dissapointed that the F18 showed no new stuff, but I'm pretty confident that very few people have any doubts that those will come eventually. Mostly we rely on a wing and prayer that the Harrier will actually be feature complete or comparable at the end of the day to other high fidelity modules.

That being said there have at least been reports of progress, even if they aren't always making it into the module "on-time". So thats the good news.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Erm, you do all remember we willingly bought in to a 3rd-party Beta product? I don't recall it saying "buy this early access and it'll be finished in Two Weeks" either.

Caveat Emptor, and all that.

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Early access also doesn't mean that there won't be any work done over months, bugs will be added regulary but no fixes and other modules will be released in the meantime. Oh, and then, there is this well bugged, already released module also...

Razbam is abuesing the early access system, thats the problem.

Steam user - Youtube

Erm, you do all remember we willingly bought in to a 3rd-party Beta product? I don't recall it saying "buy this early access and it'll be finished in Two Weeks" either.

Caveat Emptor, and all that.

Sure, but that doesn´t mean that it should take 2-4 years to finish something that You payed real money for. EA modules are not that much cheaper than when they are released.

that said, Razbam has said that they won´t release more EA modules before the AV-8B and M2000C has been put into release version state.

Right now they are focusing on the AV-8B. After that they will shift to the M2000C.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Right now they are focusing on the AV-8B. After that they will shift to the M2000C.

And beside the fix of the ASL and the ludicrously implementation of the pointtrack function, nothing mentionable happend since months.

Oh sorry, I forgot bugged betty. She was also introduced.

They also said that the Mig19 will be released as released module.

They also said that there are different teams working on all the different projects.

If you ask me, I have now 0 trust in them.

Steam user - Youtube

You guys are pissed because some changes failed to make it into the patch of a particular week??? Bloody hell

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I don't get this community, here people are whining because razbam didn't delivered anything meaningful, while on reddit people are complaining that in the past two months Razbam delivered more features on Harrier and M2K than ED delivered on the Hornet. LOL

I think you just like to complain, instead of contributing to something constructive.

I don't get this community, here people are whining because razbam didn't delivered anything meaningful, while on reddit people are complaining that in the past two months Razbam delivered more features on Harrier and M2K than ED delivered on the Hornet. LOL

I think you just like to complain, instead of contributing to something constructive.

Hows this for constructive:

So I just did the following reality check. I took a look at all updates for both the hornet and harrier over their lifetime. Then I went through and looked for major feature upgrades updates and major bug fixes including the Stennis and Tarawa/KC135. Results below.

Razbam Harrier:

5 pages of updates since 11-27-17

Gap of no updates at all from 7-4 to 11-7

26 major progress points additions/functionality/weapons plus major bug-fixes like ASL line. 17 of those from 2-4 to 5-23. 5 actual functionality updates this year, 2 of which were the ASL line which still doesn’t actually work as it should (no target lead or wind correction based on ARBS input or INS)

Still tons of missing features. (yes its EA)

ED f18

10 pages of updates from 5-30-18 until today.

31 major features added.

Most new weapons and features added after 7-18-18 i.e. fairly recently

Still tons of missing features. (yes its EA)

This more or less backs up most of the complainers points, the harrier had good progress initially, was abandoned for a while, and is now seeing a bit more work done, but honestly its not particularly substantial.

And if I’m honest, I was much more lenient on what I counted as a major feature addition for Razbam and I included major bugfixes when compared to the hornet which was just mostly added or new functionality, I didn’t count big bugfixes for the F18, which I might add looked to be fixed pretty quickly unlike Razbam. But the total number of fixes 5 pages in 1.5 years vs 10 pages in 1 year is also telling from a its regularly being worked on perspective. Yes ED has more people working on it, and in some ways it’s a more complex aircraft (in other ways its not).

And for the record, I'm totally unconcerned about if the fixes make it into one patch or another. What I am concerned about is the point that Razbam decides the Harrier is "complete" and whether that actually squares with what I consider "complete" (mostly the bombing systems which have a ways to go IMO).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This was one of the worst posts I've seen on these forums. Wishing a company that already released 3 nice modules (and by the way, they keep updating and releasing new features on them) to close doors is nuts. You whining guys are a cancer in this community.

jacob, do not worry, nobody takes any notice of them :) That's probably why they moan all the time !!

Mizzy

jacob, do not worry, nobody takes any notice of them :) That's probably why they moan all the time !!

Mizzy

Just keep telling yourself that.

Almost everybody around me who purchased the Mirage almost four years ago has lost interest in Razbam products. These customers don't post because they simply don't care anymore and decided to support others developpers. That's it.

The funny thing is that's Razbam who brought me to DCS, I can thank them for that. When I bought the Mirage I thought that I would support the team by purchasing the Harrier but after the Mirage debacle I chose to wait and see how the Harrier development would go. I'm glad I didn't waste money on this module. Still, I believe that ED will enforce Razbam to complete their current line up. I do hope the Harrier and the Mirage will be completed, I'd gladly buy a full fidelity Harrier.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

No need to be concerned at all!

The Harrier for sure has some issues - just like any other module as well.

Development will at times be slow - just like any other module as well.

New bugs will show up - just like any other module as well.

Things that once worked will break - just like any other module as well.

You get the drift.

The Harrier is a great module and worth every penny you paid for and I´m sure it will be completed eventually - as much as it can be given the eternal Alpha state of DCS anyway.

Naturally the people that are happy with the Harrier don´t post as much here because they are busy enjoying it.

Exactly :thumbup:

Yup, it's not RAZBAM that piss me off, it's those complainers

Marc..

Edited by Marcq

All those who are complaining about the complainers:

Did you ever really used the Harrier for more then just take off and land?

Do you don't have any other modules to compare?

If you complain about the complainers, it really looks for me like you would not like to see the truth.

Or you maybe talking about another module.

And once again, saying that Razbams approach is fine only hurts the whole DCS enviorment. Think about it.

Steam user - Youtube

I know what EA is. But EA doesnt mean no progress. And the progress on the Harrier is tiny. This is the reason why there are many people "moaning around".

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Just keep telling yourself that.

Almost everybody around me who purchased the Mirage almost four years ago has lost interest in Razbam products. These customers don't post because they simply don't care anymore and decided to support others developpers. That's it.

Funny, most peoply I know still play it quite often, otherwise they would not be up to date about what to mourn exactly.

If you were correct, nobody would have bought the MiG-19 or would show any interest in the other Razbam products in the line but... sorry this seems not to be the case. This is the same misconception like the thought multiplayer is the commercial motor for DCS because there are so many virtual fighter wing jocks around.

I could tell you what my friends say about this discussion on 4th class level but it would not be nice and would not comply with the forum rules. I'm not sure what is the deeper thought behind all those boycott calls but remembering EA's (the company) history every new BF sells like hotcakes even if "the majority" raged against the publisher weeks before release.

Simply stop this BS people, grow up, vote with your wallet but save us this waste of electric energy, storage space and your precious time. Enjoy your day and DCS!

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]