New weathered cockpit liveries for MiG-19P

OverStratos

Do these weathered liveries contain the same ambient occlusion lighting as the textures that were made available to help with the visibility?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Do these weathered liveries contain the same ambient occlusion lighting as the textures that were made available to help with the visibility?

It´s not the same, but is pretty light so global illumination works correctly in the shadows.

The screenies look awesome. I would LOVE if the weathered cockpit options were included in the basic version of the MiG-19 (meaning: I would have both the weathered and non-weathered cockpits available to choose in the DCS Options without having to download the Weathered package from the DCS Downloads website). The MiG-19 doesn't take that much place on my hard drive already...

Does the Weathered Cockpit pass Multiplayer Integrity Checks?

The screenies look awesome. I would LOVE if the weathered cockpit options were included in the basic version of the MiG-19 (meaning: I would have both the weathered and non-weathered cockpits available to choose in the DCS Options without having to download the Weathered package from the DCS Downloads website). The MiG-19 doesn't take that much place on my hard drive already...

Does the Weathered Cockpit pass Multiplayer Integrity Checks?

The main issue was module size, taking into account the download. Textures files take a lot of space.

Regarding IC, if you follow the instructions and paste it into the "Saved Games" folder you will have no problems.

The curse of a really well made model with really good textures: file size. I like the idea that a stock install takes minimal space and you only download and install the options you like/use to keep wasted space to a minimum. The growing number of DCS World maps, planes, and ground objects is really starting to chew up some hard drive space!

I personally prefer cockpit textures that look like new or slightly used. I don't mind some signs of age/wear, but I can't stand aging/weathering the textures to the point that it looks like it has been sitting outside in the sun and rain unprotected for 20 to 30 years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

... We wanted to include more cockpit liveries with the MiG-19P, but because of concerns of size for the module we will make them available via free download for you to use. Here you have both a Russian and an English cockpit weathered textures liveries. ...

Hi,

Currently, if you filter the User Files by Unit="MiG-19P Farmer", these custom cockpits do not appear .. may I suggest that you edit the File entry so thay have the proper Unit tag?

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Done

Wow, that's fast :D

Thanks.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB