F-16 Release - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #81
Innerloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I see this notion bandied about on the forums, and frankly I'm in the same camp as you are, for me DCS isn't all that expensive as a hobby. But not everyone is in that boat and I think its wise to remember that we very well may be the minority. And no modules aren't 100 bucks, rather ~70 or so, but for anyone that owns 3-4 of them that could be a real investment for them. Remember most AAA title games only cost 70 bucks for the whole game, not a DLC/module. So while, plunking down 70 bucks for you and me may not be a big deal, I think its pretty arrogant to discount the opinion of folks for which thats not necessarily the case. I remember being young and not well off and having to make real choices on how to best spend 70 bucks.
Its relatively OK. If you look at the bigger picture, that in order to play DCS you need a high-end gaming PC, decent HOTAS, a headtracking device, plus a few modules its OK for a hobby that can offer thousands of hours of unlimited gameplay PLUS it continually adds more content and improvements.

My brother in law has one of the most expensive hobbies - hunting. A decent hunting rifle can cost up to 12,000+ euros, plus licences, maintenance equipment, ammo, hunting dog, etc, etc... Now that is an expensive hobby!
Intel i7 6700k OC 4.6Ghz / Corsair H100i v2 / Gigabyte Z-170MX G1 Gaming / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 / Corsair AX760 / Samsung SSD 970 Evo 500Gb / Intel SSD 520 256Gb / Gigabyte GTX-1080 G1 Gaming / Corsair 350D mATX / HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Logitech G110 Keyboard / Corsair Sabre RGB Laser Gaming Mouse / Razer Kraken Pro Headset / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor
Old 05-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #82
JumpinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinK View Post
no early access buy for me...

Damn. Couldn't resist. Preordered on first day.

Makes me wanna skip summer now...
"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"
— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #83
TomCatMucDe

Quote:
Damn. Couldn't resist. Preordered on first day.

Makes me wanna skip summer now...
Same here. Pre-ordered.

I prefer the spring preorders more than winter's at least I can get myself busy thinking about other things than what I pre-ordered when I'm sipping a cocktail in club on the sea side

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #84
Danish_Squid

To be honest cost wise, a module is less that I pay for 3 days worth of groceries, or half of a good night in town, So I will not be nagging about pricing, and I play about 99% of my flying offline, having good fun. Not meant to be nagging at otherts at all, but the way people look at it are different, and it should be a sustainable business for ED as well.
i5 8600K, Asus Z370 Prime A, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair MP500 120 GB M.2 (System disk), Corsair LE200 240GB SSD (for DCS), Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift VR. 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM
Old 05-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #85
billeinstein
ED Translator / Moderator

Send a message via MSN to billeinstein

Quote:
Why do we talk about hunting in the "F-16 Release" thread?!
You can hunt a cow with a F-16C in DCS after it released.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:23 PM   #86
Zoomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeinstein View Post
Sounds like a plan.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:53 PM   #87
JumpinK

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeinstein View Post

Ah, yes. Sounds legit.
"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"
— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #88
=Panther=

Could you guys take this to PM or the off topic forums.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
Old 05-25-2019, 08:35 PM   #89
Catseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
Could you guys take this to PM or the off topic forums.

Yes!
What the heck has this to do with the F-16 and flight sims.

Get a grip!

Focus!
Closed Thread