Is the Huey going to get multicrew anytime soon? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #11
RedX

Blah. I bet it's simply that the number of sales for UH-1 is fraction of the new modules and predicted to stay as a fraction despite multicrew and other updates --> minimal update effort. Money talks.

The likely issue is that chopper pilots are minority of customer base. Helos are not so easy and there is no "Top Gun" movie about them >2 decades ago --> no pop culture & large fan base like on figher jets.

I'm pessimistic in the sense that probably a major US chopper module will never happen and the old chopper modules are on minimal maintenance. I wonder if any new choppers are appearing at all?

Personally, I enjoy choppers a lot as they are a little different and challenging to fly, and actually give the "feeling" of flying, expecially when close to ground.
Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 16GB@3200MHz|ASUS Strix GTX 1080|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"+IBM T560 14"|Oculus Rift+Touch|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|Targus AKP10EU keypad modded|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Cougar MFD x2 /w blue LEDs|Trackir 4 Pro+Clip|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10
RedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #12
ams999

While true, it is a slippery slope.

People remember features announced (like 'Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update') or expected and if those features don't materialize they may think twice about buying another module, or buying in EA.

I should think that most sales happen in EA (as people are eager to get into the cockpit) with a drop-off afterwards with people a) not having the time or money now and holding off a little and b) waiting for the module to get out of EA to see which features actually make it and how effectively bugs get squashed (and how many bugs there still are after EA).

If the ratio of people waiting increases, this automatically means a drop in EA sales and then it's hard to figure out the reason - are more people waiting for a more matured module (which means more sales down the line and development is worth it) or is there simply no interest in the module (so further development is money down the drain).

If then people get the impression that older modules are on
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedX View Post
[...] minimal update effort. Money talks.[...]
that feeling might create problems with future sales...

Last edited by ams999; 04-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.
ams999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #13
Holton181

Quote:
Blah. I bet it's simply that the number of sales for UH-1 is fraction of the new modules and predicted to stay as a fraction despite multicrew and other updates --> minimal update effort. Money talks.

The likely issue is that chopper pilots are minority of customer base. Helos are not so easy and there is no "Top Gun" movie about them >2 decades ago --> no pop culture & large fan base like on figher jets.

I'm pessimistic in the sense that probably a major US chopper module will never happen and the old chopper modules are on minimal maintenance. I wonder if any new choppers are appearing at all?

Personally, I enjoy choppers a lot as they are a little different and challenging to fly, and actually give the "feeling" of flying, expecially when close to ground.
Spot on, I say...
i7-3820 3.60GHz
P9X79 Pro
32GB
GTX 670 2GB
VG278H + a Dell
PFT Lynx
TrackIR 5
Holton181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #14
deathbysybian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holton181 View Post
Spot on, I say...
The people I fly with would buy the huey right away if you could have multicrew gunners. That would be an amazing experience.
deathbysybian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #15
Lonecrow66

I was on a server last night where all the hueys were taken.

Lots of people love to pick up troops drop them off let them get into battle.

Its one of the most fun parts of Arma3 - ferrying people to and fro, unloading useful things for a battle.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
Razorback[NL]

Quote:
there is no "Top Gun" movie about them
But there actually was a “Top Gun” movie about helicopters back in the days! You never saw “Firebirds - Wings of the Apache”, starring Nicolas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones and Sean Young?

Asus P6T Deluxe X58 | Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition @ 3,2Ghz | 24Gb DDR3 1333-999 | Toughpower 1500Watt | 1 x WD 300Gb, 1 x WD 2000Gb | Asus GTX1080 8Gb | Asus Xonar D2X | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1

B Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
Razorback[NL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #17
Baco

I can´t be done till Heatblur does it LOL.. first the engine did not alow it.. Tomcat with Jester and MP working fine and dandy.. now its Side by side.. in 2021 HB is comnig with the A 6 to prove them all wrong LOL...
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #18
Nealius
Veteran

I don't see how side-by-side is any different than tandem.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #19
Elor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
I don't see how side-by-side is any different than tandem.
Because each player can click into the the cockpit section of the other player. That doesn't happen in tandem where you have two separate units.
Elor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #20
Robert31178

Actually......

Just today I had a real RIO in my Tomcat, and he was clicking knobs on my UHF radio that I was too ignorant and/or blind to find on my own, so.....

Also, either one can flip the ejection seat arming for the pilot's seat.

The Gazelle had it separated by side of cockpit/system. Some of it made sense, some of it did not. I'm also a layperson, ie not a Gazelle pilot, so maybe in real life they split it up per real life responsibilities.
Robert31178 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multicrew, question