How to unchain the rudder from trim

"please make sure you don't have remapped the key-commands for rudder movement (z/x by default) - or it will fail to work."

Sorry want to be sure about this, are you saying DO NOT have the x/y key commands set for rudder or YES DO HAVE it set for rudder?

I wanna thank you guys for helping with this, nice to have forum members there to help others with this great sim.

How do I find out which keyboard layout I am using?

Edited by blackpulpit

"please make sure you don't have remapped the key-commands for rudder movement (z/x by default) - or it will fail to work."

Sorry want to be sure about this, are you saying DO NOT have the x/y key commands set for rudder or YES DO HAVE it set for rudder?

I wanna thank you guys for helping with this, nice to have forum members there to help others with this great sim.

He means make sure you have not changed the default settings for the keyboard rudder commands. They are z and x by default.

Keyboard language (in this case) can be determined by the top row of letters.

It is either starting with QWERTY or QWERTZ. English language keyboards are the QWERTY type.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Edit:Ah! Norrised by cichlidfan - and he is the better diplomat!

I just say that you must have it as default. - nothing more - nothing less:

- please make sure you don't have remapped the key-commands for rudder movement (z/x by default) - or it will fail to work.

Sorry if you get the impression that I'm a little impatient...

but thats exactly what I'm am right now - I'm just comparing your questions with the given info in this thread - I don't know where you living and your native language( I thing some kind of language barrier must be the problem). but everything has been said.

Have you changed anything in your key-board layout (I'm talking not about your axis) of DCS regarding the rudder ?! - no?! - than you are good to GO!

About the keyboard:

qwerty layout:

250px-QWERTY_keyboard.jpg

qwertz layout:

6730902289_9576c1711a_z.jpg

I think now you understand...;)

Now go and Try it finally - if you are afraid of just doing it! :) be assured: You cant break anything by using my files!

And if you still manage to break anything somehow...! - I will come and fix it.

Edited by PeterP

sorry I have a 2 year old yelling while I am trying all this, very hectic as you might understand,

Ask PeterP if he understands next year at this time!!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm

holding the sweetest thing I ever saw - besides my wife -
in my arms- and try to calm "it" ;) - but "it" still don't want to sleep...(probably because "it" slept the whole day and is
really hungry...) , even if it is 2o'clock
at my end - and I have to "get up" in 4 hours :D (and I'm living like this since 3 month
..and to be honest: I really don't know where I pull out the strengths for this - but it all is working somehow.!) !!!! - please don't tell me that this will go on the next 1,5 years!!!! :)
Edited by PeterP

I'm
holding the sweetest thing I ever saw - besides my wife -
in my arms- and try to calm "it" ;) - but "it" still don't want to sleep...(probably because "it" slept the whole day and is
really hungry...) , even if it is 2o'clock
at my end - and I have to "get up" in 4 hours :D (and I'm living like this since 3 month
..and to be honest: I really don't know where I pull out the strengths for this - but it all is working somehow.!) !!!! - please don't tell me that this will go on the next 1,5 years!!!! :)

Van Halen is not especially good for inducing children to sleep, I should think!:D Saw them in March, btw.

• 1 month later...

Haing issues trying to get the id of my MSFF2 "3button". I used the script, but it doesnt seem to be working. Is it the same id across the board or different from PC to PC?

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

no - please read again the first postings and edits.

It is all explained. ( ...and much better than I ever could in the AHK Help :))

There is a AHK joy tester-script that tells you what joystick ID your controller has.

When you only use one game-controller it has the ID:1

you can also use one of this tools to identify and also to swap (!) a Joystick ID:

corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

Edited by PeterP

no - please read again the first postings and edits.

It is all explained. ( ...and much better than I ever could in the AHK Help :))

There is a AHK joy tester-script that tells you what joystick ID your controller has.

When you only use one game-controller it has the ID:1

you can also use one of this tools to identify and also to swap (!) a Joystick ID:

corrupt calibration? crazy joystick response? Use this tools Fix it:

Ill try that program then. The AHK tester-script did not work for me.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

• 1 month later...

PeterP, thanks so much for scripting this inside DCS World. I wanted to make sure I understood the install instructions. I think I do, but wanted to double-check.

Basically, you're replacing two .lua files in the DCSW 1.2.0 install with the two files in the "contend in DCS World 1.2.0" directory tree in the .zip file. The two files in the "Backup" tree are the original .lua files without your script.

Do I have that right?

Thanks again,

Daddy Schlich

Amazing. Ka-50 is much more controllable. Thanks so much

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

Great work PeterP.

Do you think there's still a need to use this when using a twist-stick for rudder control, which is spring-loaded and returns to center when released?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Dovmen,

regarding your particular question:

Its not about what I think - It's abut what works for you best. -Please try it out yourself.

The last time I used a twist-rudder-stick the is 2,5 years ago = I really don't have a clue how good/bad this works.

And I use FFB, so I don't even have to think about re-centering the stick.

To be honest: I would also not able to test it - I (thankfully) forgot how to fly the Ka-50 without FFB .

Edited by PeterP

PeterP,

Fair enough. I just wanted to avoid doing anything that's going to make it even harder, rather than easier, for me to control this bird as I have enough trouble as it is ;)

So if anyone else who uses a twist-rudder (if there is anyone) and who knows how the helo should respond can say if it's better with this mod or not, please let me know but in the meantime I'll give it a go anyway.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 months later...

Your script works and it is very easy to use now. So first thanks very much for your effort Peter !

I can fly BS again (...after 2 years break due to that damn rudder trim) - with FFB stick (and rudder pedals) it really

feels realistic now.

Nevertheless I still think, the devs should create the option to "unchain the rudder from trim" one day.

Edited by lion737

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And a JSGME-zip for this lovely KA-50 mod as well: PeterPs Unchain rudder from trim.zip

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 1 month later...

Hello PeterP

You have any info if ED is going to implement a delay before trimming becomes active on rudders? Between default instant trim on rudder and rudder disengaged from trim with your mod is should be "the classic" option that is in effect for Stick without FFB to have a delay of .5 seconds so you can recenter the rudder, I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Don't want to be nit-picking, but has anyone noticed that UH-1 has option to disable rudder trim on in default?

A little question comes to mind: When a third party developer can have this implemented in a non-complete, beta release, why we Shark pilots have to rely on an un-official solution since, uh... 2009? :huh:

A little question comes to mind: When a third party developer can have this implemented in a non-complete, beta release, why we Shark pilots have to rely on an un-official solution since, uh... 2009? :huh:

Because nothing can happen all at once. Things need to be prioritized.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'