BFT05 - Basic Maneuvers

I'm having a problem in the practice mission of BFT05, at the beginning I'm asked to fly 300, angels 6, 200 knots, then when I get to angels 6, I'm asked to turn right to 040 and mantain angels 6 and 200 knots. I follow the directions to the letter but no matter what I do I'm told that I missed the angels 6 altitude and the mission is terminated.

I tried several times and kept as close to the 6000 feet as I could, but I always get the terminate, terminate, terminate message. Any clue what migth be happening here?

I have been enjoing the missions so far I it's a pitty I got stuck in such a silly thing.

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

Hello Tale,

I have the same problem with this mission. I do everything right (angels 6, 040 degrees, 200knots) but suddenly my instructor tell me "terminate, terminate, terminate" due to I pass Hard deck.

I dont understand anything because Hard Deck is at angels 5.

Sorry you are having trouble. That's a known issue in the current 1.5.8 release. The missions are playable but you need to fly 500' lower than the altitude given by the FE. For example if they say fly 6000' try flying at 5500'.

ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.

We are updating all the missions to use the new altitude values and should have it available for the next patch update.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

It works flying 500 feet bellow the assigned altitude as you said Sabre, it's no big deal for me just a small adjustment.

Thanks for the quick response. You know what, I will go and buy the next campaing now they are discounted on steam.

Cheers

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

• 2 months later...

Bugs in BFT 05 since update 2.5beta

I have bug in BFT 05 again with the flight level and the instructor who does not answer anymore. If I change course, he answers again to tell me that I am not on the right course and disqualifies me. Do you have any bug since the last update .. ??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where were you in the mission when this happened? The altitude triggers were adjusted for the 2.5 release so you should fly at the instructed altitude.

If you can record a trk file or video that would be helpful.

We don't have any current bugs reported against the BFT05 mission.

• 3 weeks later...

i think this trk is the right on!

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=182084&stc=1&d=1522957192

It is a acmi not a track... Will this help, too?

i think my altitude was to high to get the correct speed...

Tacview-20180405-202913-DCS-A-10C - BFT05 Basic Maneuvers.zip.acmi.trk

Edited by woodlanddragon

I7 7700k - MSI Z270 PC MATE DUAL - CORSAIR DDR4 32GB - NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EIZO FS2735 - TRACKIR - GUILLEMOT PRODUCTS - CH PRODUCTS - SB X-FI FATALITY PLATINUM - VAICOM PRO - TACVIEW

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT

• 1 month later...

I am having a issue with this mission as well. When I get to the instruction point to fly heading 040, 220 knots, angels 7 the instructor goes silent. I have tired getting out of the parameters to see if I can bring him back to life but it only results in a unqualified.

I am bummed because this weekend I was going to get through the basic flight training...

Sorry you are having trouble. That's a known issue in the current 1.5.8 release. The missions are playable but you need to fly 500' lower than the altitude given by the FE. For example if they say fly 6000' try flying at 5500'.

ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.

We are updating all the missions to use the new altitude values and should have it available for the next patch update.

Okay I just tired the 500' below and he came to life...so i guess the altitude issue is still there.

it seems the slow 360* turn has issues as well. This mission is porked.

5 minutes ago completed BFT5.

Altitude triggers are still broken, but not everywhere. alngels 6 at start works as angels 6, but angles 10 climb - if you hit 10k feet you will have unqualified. After kakeoff and turn to 040 i used alt by FE minus 300ft. Rated qualified from second attemt(first one was U cause of 10k feet mark). Slow turn made on 160-170 knots at 6800(+/- 120ft) - works fine

Yep, altitudes are still wrong, hopefully its just BFT#5. Managed to get the FE to acknowledge everything up to the climbing right turn by fishing around between 300 - 500ft below the required altitude but thats as far as I can get, FE will not acknowledge a good climbing turn and shortly anounce a terminate, terminate, terminate. Very frustrating!! Is there any way to move on in the campaign and are the advance qual and other campaigns also screwed up?

Edited by Locutos

Using the latest DCS OpenBeta version 2.5.2.17559 we retested both the practice and campaign missions and the altitude triggers worked on our system (Altimeter setting: 2992). See completed screenshot below.

Check the timestamps on the mission files

(<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\A-10C - Basic Flight Training Qualification)

to make sure they are the latest update (ours were dated May 24th).

If they didn't update then try a DCS Repair. If that still doesn't update then try to uninstall and reinstall the campaign to get the latest version.

We did get a couple of Maintain Altitude messages for angels 10 and angels 8 but that didn't stop us from completing the mission. We suspect the current version of the game engine has a problem with a single trigger checking both above and below the altitude thresholds using an OR condition.

If you are still having problems please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we will help you out.

Screen_180526_214012.thumb.jpg.d41aaf76860da58a07157f13a5ccec42.jpg

Thanks Sabre, I had to force update but I can confirm it has fixed the bug and mission 5 is now completed. Only thing of note was the very bright strobe effects from the anti collision lights whilst running through start up. Running all these missions again as a refresher after quitting last year when I found it impossible to find ground targets in TGP, hoping DCS 2.5 will have fixed this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I am getting "you failed to perform that correctly" for all figures although I do them right.

Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi | Intel i7-13700K | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Elite | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-600 | MSI RTX 3080 12GB | Seasonic TX-850 | 2x Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 nvme | 2x Samsung EVO 860 1TB | Samsung EVO 870 4 TB | Acer XB241H | Win 11 Pro x64 | Røde NT-USB | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Edition 250Ω | Logitech G502 Proteus RGB | Corsair K70 | Corsair MM300 PRO | TM Warthog Throttle | VIRPIL WarBRD w/ Warthog grip | VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 grip | VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base | SLAW Device Viper RX v2 | Track IR 5 & TrackClipPRO

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I had some problems with the altitude on this mission, too.

Before the slow speed turn at angels 8 I got a terminate.

I posted my questions in another thread, because I found this thread to late.

I'll post the link here if another one has this trouble too. So she/he can find the solution quickly: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3662821#post3662821

Regards

Kal

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 1 month later...

We may have to tweak that trigger given recent game engine updates but try flying just below 160 knots.

If you look at the aircraft in F2 view we have found that the IAS is actually higher than 160 knots (like 162 knots) which may be right on the boundary of the trigger.

If you fly below 160 knots that should enable the trigger and avoid the terminate call.

• 2 years later...
Am 13.12.2018 um 23:13 schrieb milkojohns:

Seeing issues with the slow speed turn 160k, sticking it at 160k and getting terminate.

DCS clean, repaired and up to date

This Mission ist about 3 Years, Version 2,.7 Still Buged.

I'm supposed to fly 280, fly 220 no problem.
But I'm supposed to fly 160, fly 160 .... Terminate Terminate.
must fly 150  "360 Reound", Terminate Terminate

Edited by PikeSeven