Can we have SimWorks F-4B/N Phantom II for DCS World?

Maverick966

Since Belsimtek is working on the F-4E Phantom II Air Force variant, it would be great to have Navy variants as well since Belsimtek currently has no plans to develop another variant of the Phantom, I hope it will be possible to integrate SimWorks F-4B/N Phantom II as a module in DCS World.

http://simworksstudios.com/products/military-aviation/f-4b-phantom-ii/

full-1484-91508-f4b.jpg

ss_f134bd41b887fa5bcb55b5efef8bc15e65720d1a.jpg?t=1537258434

Edited by Maverick966

it doesn't look at dcs visual standarts

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

AFAIK it's not possible to just "integrate" modules from other platforms.

Basically everything is done differently. It would have to be redone.

Even the 3D model, as stated above, is sub-standard to current DCS levels.

//Jarl

P.S. Would love a B/N F-4 though ^^

First of all you have to keep in mind that the Belsimtek F-4E is going to be a far superior and accurate rendition of the Phantom than the SimWorks version. So if there is already going to be a great rendition of the phantom as a base then why not just start from there and have a skin made by talent in the community to replicate as much as possible of the F-4B/N.

Because bst phantom is on hold for an unknown period , maybe years

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

As much as I am interested in a Phantom I will already have plenty of new high quality planes to keep me busy long enough to be patient. I still have not completely mastered the Viggen and with the F-14 out soon that alone will occupy me for a long time. Then when the F-18 goes on sale I will be occupied with that. And after that it might be the F-16 or some other module.

But I do remember reading that when they do continue to work on the Phantom it will be released earlier than usual because it will only feature basic working systems at first.

software doesnt work like things in real life, you can't just take something and move it and put it somewhere else. code is something that grows to be unique to its applications.

actually there is one good irl analogy -- it would be like trying to transplant a shark liver into a human

it just won't take.

dcs wouldnt be able to make heads or tails of modules written for other engines.

furthermore, trying to modify code to work rarely represents a time saver, oftentimes its a liability compared to writing new dedicated code from scratch.

Edited by probad