Axis Settings

I normally use a Warthog, but have an X52pro to try... I'm not sure axis settings will help that much with taxying, but keeping the stick fully back, and not raising the rpm above 1500 will help enourmously.

Also, be sure to tap the brakes when turning, and recentre the rudder. Apply a little opposite rudder and brake once you are turned to straighten up. Remember that you have no direct control over the tailwheel, and it has to be prompted to get it straight again.

Do you have pedals, or are you using the X52 twist stick?

If the twist, then having just tried it with my X52, a curve of about 20 to 30 might help with the fine control, and perhaps a small deadzone of 4 on the rudder axis. It's not easy with the twist when you have to hold the stick back, twist, brake and manipulate the trottle all at the same time. Pedals make this a lot easier.

I normally use CHPro pedals, and use the following for my rudder:-

Deadzone = 4,

SaturationX = 100,

Saturation Y = 80,

Curve = 34

Have tried many Axis settings without any luck and you are most likely right...........it does not help. I also use CHPro rudder pedals. Will keep trying and hoping that a Spit patch will come along to ease the problem.

Thanks,

BadBud

• 1 year later...