[Problem] Spot contacts 27" - 4K monitor

Same here. You need to know exactly where the bandit are and zoom in max, then you can see something but don't som back in because then the bandit disappears. Did some tests on my setting with all resolutions from 1280 to 3860 and found the 1440x900 to be the best to spot but the sim looks terrible. I refuse to go the way and screw up the colors completely to spot bandits, that is possible with some graphics mod I believe.

The problem is not only with bandits in dogfight.

This is a very big problem because even when you are flying formation with your team, and lider says open formation in line abreast 1-2 miles it´s almost impossible to maintain because i don´t see him...

same.

and even more weird; i can see contacts with normal zoom as a simple dot from a moderate distance, when i zoom onto them to indntify, i can see nothing, that dot disappears

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

same.

and even more weird; i can see contacts with normal zoom as a simple dot from a moderate distance, when i zoom onto them to indntify, i can see nothing, that dot disappears

That is, well eh, normal :(

The real problem here is that the ability to spot a target is dependent on resolution. This results in an unfair disadvantage for those that have higher resolution displays. It would be nice if ED could modify DCS so that targets use a proportional amount of pixels dependent on client resolution.

I don't know how it is IRL but I suppose even if it's difficult to see aircrafts in the immensity of the sky, metallic objects must refracted light and our eyes are efficient to detect moving objects and this doesn't work on screen.

Sorry for English...

ROG Maximus XI Hero / i9-9900k @5Ghz / 32Gb DDR4 @3200Mhz / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 / RTX2080ti / Vive Pro / ROG 3440x1440

I don't know how it is IRL but I suppose even if it's difficult to see aircrafts in the immensity of the sky, metallic objects must refracted light and our eyes are efficient to detect moving objects and this doesn't work on screen.

In real life you can spot other planes at 5-6 miles

Someone knows if ED is working on this?

Because actually it´s almost impossible even in dogfight...

This should be a primary target for ED, something so important, and we still have this big problem...