Unwanted rolling - Trim

Nightmare22

Having updated quite a few devices recently, the most recent being a new Warthog Flightstick I can't tell if its a stick calibration problem or a Harrier bug but has anyone else notice a lessening ability to fly straight and level without AP on recently?

I get an unwanted aileron roll usually with the left wing dropping, I don't have the issue with any other aircraft so dont think it's the stick. This happens on a completely clean loadout equal fuel so completely balanced etc - trim does not sort the issue either it just lessens it then causes me to roll over the opposite direction.

I had the same issue, also specific to the harrier but not other modules, but after putting in a small dead zone on my axis tune it appears to be resolved. I don't know whether you have a dead zone set, or not, but you might try that if you don't.

• 3 weeks later...

sometimes I get same - but I can'trule out not enough "Dead zone" on stick curve settings. What do your trim dials (down left) show you when this occurs?

I think the Harrier is one of those old types that when you trim it physically moves the stick. Certainly when you use trim to make minor adjustments to role when in auto pilot yousee the stick move. So 2nd question : can you see whether your stick is moving to left or right when you have hands off ( & trimmed)

I do think this is the hardest aircraft to trim when fully loaded.

I think my problem may have even been coming from my rudder pedals, so added a bigger deadzone to them - I dont like adding deadzone to the stick on the Harrier as I find drafting sideways in a hover gets really ugly with a deadzone.

Seems to be a bit more stable after sorting out the pedals but I've still been finding it hard to get in the Autopilot ON in the allowable pitch range whilst fighting against the ever changing nose up and down trim, the trim also seems to occasionally go completely off the scale after a high G turn.

I don’t have this module, but have known real harrier pilots saying that the IFR probe will induce a slow roll due to being out of trim. Can’t remember if it’s to the probe or away from it (TO the probe i think), but the probe does/did cause it in the real world. Has this idiosyncrasy been modelled? If so, it could be this.

Also, the changing pitch trim is due to the aircrafts thrust line being below the aircraft CoG.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hmm... I've noticed my trim suddenly jumping one wing down for now apparent reason: no weapon release; didn't touch the trim hat; no other keys mapped to trim. By opening the control map [Right CTRL] + [Return] I can actually see it move during flight. Then I have to retrim it back to centre on a symmetrical load.

I wasn't sure if it was a gremlin with my HOTAS or a gremlin within the AV-8B module.

Is this the problem you guys are describing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too - I thought it might be my ancient X52 finally getting a bit cranky after many years of abuse. After an uneventful takeoff, and a bit of gentle maneuvering, if I pull a tightish turn, when I level out, the nose will keep rising and takes loads of trim to level out. Usually there's a bit of roll to the left too.

It's made flying and trying to line up on targets really hard as you never know where the nose is going to head off to next.

Flying the open beta.

Other planes, like the A10A don't seem to have the same problem.

What's going on?

if you experiance this and can work out a repeatable example, please raise a bug report.

Thanks for the response. Can you explain to me how and what I need to do to raise a bug report? Where do I start the process? (The game does not crash. It just acts weird, but I re-trim, carry on flying and wait for the gremlin to strike again).

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]