Unable to lock radar a2a target

• 1 year later...

If you haven't found the target with your own radar and are trying to lock up a target that's provided to you by datalink, that won't work. Make sure the target you are trying to lock has that little square, that means your own radar is seeing it and you can lock it up then.

Hi Vakarian,

I use the amraam120C,slave mode,CRM and TWS mode (also tried RWS)

No litte square is appearing even if they are as close as 10 miles . 

I see the red icons on the left MFD of the targets . So I am missing something here ? 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Taz1004:

Not sure if it's bug or the way it is but I find the radar to be much more reliable if I use 10' Azimuth.  I actually don't see the need to use 30' or 60' in most cases since datalink is tracking them and I just need my radar to point and lock.

If you use 10' Azimuth, the scan frequency is three times higher than on 30', because you scan a smaller area. So you get faster results.

48 minutes ago, TobiasA said:

If you use 10' Azimuth, the scan frequency is three times higher than on 30', because you scan a smaller area. So you get faster results.

Obviously... but I wasn't talking about speed of the search.  At 30 or 60, some targets just wouldn't show up "at all" on my radar even when I'm pointing right at it and wait for complete cycles.  But it shows up with 10'.  As if the radar "power" gets stronger with narrow azimuth.

Edited by Taz1004

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Taz1004:

Obviously... but I wasn't talking about speed of the search.  At 30 or 60, some targets just wouldn't show up "at all" on my radar even when I'm pointing right at it and wait for complete cycles.  But it shows up with 10'.  As if the radar "power" gets stronger with narrow azimuth.

As far as I understand it a higher scan frequency results in less lost tracks if the target maneuvers (The publically available F-16 MLU M1 manual mentions that TWS is more likely to lose track if the target maneuvers than RWS). It seems that if the radar does not "find" a track again it had extrapolated because it changed direction in the meanwhile, it might lose that contact.

Bad thing is that we don't have the spotlight search with TMS up without a target underneath the cursor because it is not implemented yet. It seems to be made for exactly that purpose.