Mission 4 - axman position of Manpad

Hi

I am unable to complete the campaign as the coordinates for the manpad given by Axman are showing an empty area (even with labels). I am unable to destroy him with the GBU and unable to complete the mission.

Any help for the position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t remember which one is correct now but just use the other one if the first didn’t work.

Should work. :)

As a rule of thumb, if it's west of Senaki (close to the Black Sea), then it's 37T, if it's east (further inland), it's 38T.

Check out this map, it should clear things up a bit:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Utm-zones.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Ita 38T, as it is in almost every mission in this campaign..

Despite watching several videos on YouTube, the CDU never takes my location code ie LN162343! It always states an error input. Arghhhhhhhh

Despite watching several videos on YouTube, the CDU never takes my location code ie LN162343! It always states an error input.

Can you provide a track or a video? The shorter the better. :smartass:

There could be a whole bunch of reasons.

... probably not campaign related the code is legit :) but yeah please post a video or more detailed description of what you do!

I watched the video of yours several times and put the bullseye coordinates in the same way. Axman’s position shows as on the dam, yours in the video on top f a mountain range. Unable to complete....i am getting so frustrated with this mission!!!!!!

We can't help you if we cannot see what you are doing. If you can't get a video, try to post a track (although these can be faulty).. also, you talk about the bullseye coordinates - which are different than MGRS ones. Are you still trying to locate the MANPAD or some other target?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I will try to make a track file but lacking the time flying the mission again for some 45 min to that point.

Axman is providing me with the bullseye which I am unable to insert to the same location as per ur video

How about this:

You create a new mission from the mission editor, put in a single A-10C with skill set to "Player", place the first waypoint so that the aircraft starts from the air, and then you fly this mission, input the coordinates from the above mission into the CDU, and then save the track.

Of course there'll be nothing at the given coordinates, but seeing as you seem to be getting consistent errors, what I'm interested in is seeing how you input the coords. Maybe that way we'll be able to figure out what goes wrong.

Also it seems to me you are mixing up two completely different types of designation: bullseye and MGRS. Yurgon’s advice is sound but what you can also do - just select bullseye as your steerpoint, overfly it and fly at heading 017 for 13 miles and you should get to the spot.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Also it seems to me you are mixing up two completely different types of designation: bullseye and MGRS. Yurgon’s advice is sound but what you can also do - just select bullseye as your steerpoint, overfly it and fly at heading 017 for 13 miles and you should get to the spot.

I found a possible solution on another YouTube. Should be working now. Will test in some days

Sorry to hear that.

It's pretty much impossible to help you when you don't provide us with any information beyond the fact that something is not working for you, but without giving any more detail on what or how you did that.

Anyway, campaign progress is usually stored in

Saved Games\DCS\Mission Editor\Logbook.lua

Best of luck.

Ok. I watched one more video Re the Bullseye coordinates and how to implement them. Will give this another try again as I really like the campaign!

#nevergiveup