CH Pro pedals

I'm getting a proper HOTAS setup soon and thinking of adding rudder pedals to the list. I know you can always control the rudder by twisting the stick but that's not the same and must be uncomfortable. It seems like the CH Pros get decent reviews and Ch products in general are praised for their quality.

My only concern is how far apart the two pedals are. I would hate to keep sitting with my feet and legs almost together due to the pedals being too close to each other.

Could someone who has them measure the distance between the pedals and let me know? I'd appreciate it a lot!

I have the CH Pro pedals, and while they are close they’re not especially difficult to use for a couple hours. I’ve learned to take my feet off the pedals during uneventful parts of a flight (which are more frequent than one might think).

I’m 6’ and a bit on the large size of clothing.

That being said, I have on a back burner in my mind a thought that it wouldn’t be too hard to fabricate side extensions for the pedals. A 2” wider “footprint” would be just wide enough to allow a rollerblade style support placed on the floor next to the main chassis.

I used these down a couple of years.

I found the trick to was to not actually put my whole foot on them but instead push on the lower heel section with the front of my foot.

I also put a piece of 2×4" across the floor in front of it as a heel rest.

And yes you can theoretically use twist on a stick.

But that's honestly a bit like saying you don't need a brake pedal in your car cause you could just use the parking brake.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I also use the heels-on-the-floor technique when flying say warbirds . Most jets , and to an even greater degree fly-by-wire jets , you can fly feet-on-the-floor , rarely using the rudder in-flight .

If you want to buy a set of rudder pedals that last forever , and don't want to spend 4-8 hundred dollars , i highly recommend CH .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I also recommend using an anti jitter script if you ever have issues down the line. You can play with the settings, and modify it to work on all axis. Unlike TARGET GUI you only have to run script once, unless I’m doing something wrong.

I have some medical issues that makes me really hard on things like this, certain muscle spasms, so I’m probably in the minority to have any jitter issues.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Thanks for your replies guys!

8 inches might be a bit too close to each other for me. I've done some primitive testing :lol: and it definitely wouldn't be comfortable after a while. Those Saitek/Logitech pedals on the other hand seem to be way better in this aspect.

Does anyone have any experience with them ? There are quite a few negative comments about these pedals so I don't know if it's a good idea.

TFRP designer probable look there. ;)

The major problem with Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals is their price ~$170,

he don't have nothing that justify cost ~40% more than CH or ~90% more than TFRP.

Unfortunately the next option is MFG Crosswind at ~$290.

I will not suggest VKB T-Rudder (~$220) because is a very peculiar model.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Honestly always wanted boutique models but the Logitech seems it would be a good replacement for my ch when they hit the bucket. My biggest gripe is tension, there is no dampening so your just fighting springs that have a high “starting” force to move

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

... ch when they hit the bucket. My biggest gripe is tension, there is no dampening so your just fighting springs that have a high “starting” force to move

Center mechanism and spring in Logitech pedal work very similar than in CH, both have a center "detent",* probable you are exchanging "6 for half a dozen". :)

* For both models are user mod's for remove this "detent".

The major problem with Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals is their price ~$170,

he don't have nothing that justify cost ~40% more than CH or ~90% more than TFRP.

Unfortunately the next option is MFG Crosswind at ~$290.

I will not suggest VKB T-Rudder (~$220) because is a very peculiar model.

The store I´ll probably buy from has both the CH and Logitech pedals for exactly the same price luckily. And I´d say the Logitech pedals have one massive advantage. More room between the two pedals as can be seen in the picture shown in this thread. Now look up any picture of a real cockpit and have a look at the rudder pedals. They´re never so close to each other like the CH model.

And $290 for the Crosswinds ? Where ? According to the official website they´re more like $360. Anyway, even $290 is two times more than the other options.

Edited by davidtsw

And $290 for the Crosswinds?

Well, their side say: € 256.00 (for non EU buyers) what is ~$290.00. :D

Anyway, even $290 is two times more than the other options.

I don't want "sell" a MFG for you, but to be fair in price comparison is need consider the differences, other options don't have:

- Bearings on pivots

- CAM center system - what means less noticeable center "detent".

- Two options of CAM profile, with different feel of operation, plus an optional profile.

- Spring tension adjustable

- Width, pedals angles adjustable

-Contacless sensor in all 3 axes - others use potentiomer, of good quality in CH and cheap in Logitech, what means spikes on axis response (above was mentioned a "jitter" script), soon or later.

CH at least offer replacement pot', Logitech no - see this model as disposable after warranty expire.

This "PRO" is perhaps debatable, but worth note:

- Crosswind was developed by simmer guy, with advise of other simmers and some real pilots, others (less costly) are consumer products in what the main directive is: profit.

Anyway if CH and Saitek cost the same in local retailer, CH is overpriced, in Amazon.com is $125,00. Logitech is $170 in their webstore.

Of course in different countries prices varies, in my "corner of the world" Logitech is sell for ... $ 435.00 in their official store. :mad:

Edited by Sokol1_br