Perfect Online Prop Dogfighting Monitor?

Brief background. I am now spending the vast majority of my flying in DCS rather than ‘brand x” which has been my previous 16 years experience. No other flight or combat sim experience (yes… a true DCS noob). A10C to start and am moving over to the F18C as carrier ops is just too much to pass up.

My first love has always been the props. I’m fairly confident I’ll begin my BFM training in the Spitfire as I also learn the F18C. At 64 I’m fortunate to now have the time to do both. I firmly believe I should learn combat flying in the props, to understand energy management, before moving to BFM in jets.

Anyway… I own a 32” BenQ 4K monitor, which I like. I’m blind in one eye and the one that does work is getting a bit tired.

After hours of forum reading and YouTube vids I’m understanding this monitor might not be the best choice for prop MP WW2 online which it seems I seem to have a significant passion to learn. I understand the MP online may not be for months or even a year or two. However, I’m a planner by nature and I’m already specing out my next upgrade.

It appears that one monitor may not be the “perfect” monitor, meaning it may be good for instruments but not too good spotting other aircraft, essential to stay alive.

While I know technology changes and there may be other choices a year from now, what would you consider a good high end monitor (specs, not brand) for a situation where the emphasis is going to be on A2A online warbird combat that would also be “acceptable” for other DCS modules as well as “brand x” flying?

Appreciate any input!

Bob

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Why don't you consider using head tracking (Track IR)? That's probably the most popular solution, allowing you to look at anywhere via your monitor(s).

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

I am not at all sure you want a high-spec monitor for warbird dogfights . 1080p provides the best spotting capability , and you need to lock 60hz (or 120 if your system allows it) for smooth trackir performance . There may be an advantage in identifying as opposed to spotting with say 1440p , but i will let others comment on that as i went from 1080p to VR .

As to instruments , one need only try a Rift at native resolution to appreciate just how sharp 1080p is :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2