[NO BUG] TACAN for Tankers not appearing on the Kneeboard

Bruce_D

Hi,

If you put tankers as “uncontrolled” on the park spot or put then to “late activation” on the ME they will not show on the Kneeboard’s “TACAN List”.

I’ve attached a mission to explain better what I’m trying to say. Start the mission I go to the TACAN List on the Kneeboard.

Tks

Kneeboard.miz

Edited by IronMike

Hey Bruce_D,

I'm sorry that the kneeboard doesn't work as you would like it to work. Indeed your observation is correct, and the TACAN list won't show the stations/units that are inactive when you enter the cockpit. This is a limitation of DCS and the method used to prepare the list. The kneeboard can't predict all intentions of the mission creator, and it's not a substitute of advanced flight planner. It was also our intention to make it realistic - so it's not updated once airborne. However, we understand that the feature you're asking for is important for you and we will update the kneeboard if we find a proper way to include those late activated units on the list.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Super Grove,

Thanks for the answer! Don’t worry about that, I always put the TACAN List on the briefing, but I admit that it would be nice if we could see it on the kneeboard.

By the way, if you put the AWACS as “Late Activation” or “Uncontrolled” on the ME it appears on the “Tactical Datalink Systems” page on the kneeboard, that’s why I thought the tanker could be a bug. The attached mission has this example.

Tks!

EDIT: It’s probably a different code to show this information, that’s why is different, isn’t it?

Edited by Bruce_D

As a work around, would replacing in the same track work with a triggered action to turn off the first tanker TACAN, while turning on the beacon at the same time using the same channel on the other?

@lunaticfringe,

If it’s not asking much, would you be kind enough to show your example on the mission that I’ve attached on the beginning of the post?

Tks!

Since when does TACAN work anyways for tankers? Never was able to get it up running correctly, due to several bugs - on the tankers, Y channels not working, antenna masking due to D/L or it simply being 10+nm off of the actual plane's position...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Since when does TACAN work anyways for tankers? Never was able to get it up running correctly, due to several bugs - on the tankers, Y channels not working, antenna masking due to D/L or it simply being 10+nm off of the actual plane's position...

Hi Eldur,

The TACAN for Tankers always worked for me. I always config the tanker on the “Y” channel with no problem and they always show the actual position of the plane.

Could you upload a mission that you are having problems so I can see it, please?

Tks