[FREEZE FIXED INTERNALLY] JDAM Feedback thread

NineLine

Copy. Thanks

I will just stay away from JDAMs for now. Probably needs a hotfix or two to make it work.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Copy. Thanks

I will just stay away from JDAMs for now. Probably needs a hotfix or two to make it work.

You just need to make sure the selected QTY station and the selected wingform selected station match. The mismatch freeze has already been fixed internally.

You just need to make sure the selected QTY station and the selected wingform selected station match. The mismatch freeze has already been fixed internally.

That's another issue. When I cycle the weapons, they all seem to be assigned to the last PP target. So I programmed 4 PPTs for each weapon, following your instructions closely. But, all weapons just show me 1 target for all. I assure you that I pressed QTY and selected each station at a time.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Avoided the issue that causes the lock up, but both attempts in PP mode at 20k feet which turned out to be a release from about 10nm, both types of bombs - the 31's and 38's - guided to their targets. They weren't direct hits, but off by about what others have noted, which is roughly .02nm from the target. Targets were a vehicle and a small house. Also, rippling two bombs on one target wasn't an issue - no lockups.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Found out that when using PP mode and setting elevation it seems to only work when entering meters as altitude. Even when highlighting feet on the UFC, it still seems to enter meters, even though it says feet entered over on the JDAM page. It gives a certain point up above the ground in the hud.

My example was target area at 3552 ft elevation. Hud target diamond kept floating above the target, quite far. Then I tried calculating it over to meters and it worked. Hud diamond is now on target and bombs are hitting where they should.

This isnt an issue when using TOO mode and the waypoint designate.

EDIT crashes with GBU-38

Edited by sgtJSG

Asus Maximus Hero VIII - 6700K @4.7GHz cooled by a Fractal Design Kelvin S36 - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8GB - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM - Samsung 850 Pro 240GB SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD - WD RED 3 TB HDD - TM Warthog HOTAS - VPC T-50 stick and base - Baur BRD-F1 rudder pedals - Oculus rift CV1

With multiple JDAM types, if you switch between them, the 10 min alignment countdown starts over. This seems to occur even if the alignment has completed.

i can confirm this. must not switch weapons during/after alignment or you have to wait all over again.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

There is something off with the PB mode. Note the coordinates of the location and entered elevation MSL vs the target marker on the HUD.

I guess it's worth mentioning that the intended target is that big factory on the first screenshot.

I'm having the exact same problem. When I'm trying to input target's elevation as shown on F10 map, it places HUD marker either up in the air or deep underground. Tried both feets and meters.

Dima | My DCS uploads

• ED Team
I'm having the exact same problem. When I'm trying to input target's elevation as shown on F10 map, it places HUD marker either up in the air or deep underground. Tried both feets and meters.

Providing a track file would be helpful.

Thanks

JDAM caucasus coordinate problem

Map caucasus

F18c with 4 jdam ( any )

Problem waypoint from editor is not allowed on the jdam page.

When i setup a test mission i put 4 waypoint on top of 4 tanks

on the X shaped empty airfield N41.50.33 E41.47.50 ( something like that)

BUT when i look at my HSI and data page of my waypoint 1-2-3-4

Then i can see the coordinate that the editor saved when i made my waypoint to look something like N41.50.89

The JDAM page do not accept ( 89, but only numbers below 60 i think )

So in that specific area at the airport and maybe other places, you cannot

trust/read your waypoints and read the coordinates and directly enter them into the JDAM weapon page, you have to manual navigate to the F10 map view and write down the correct waypoint and then enter that into the JDAM page.

Els the coordinate will not be correct.

PS.. im not sure, but i once read something about the caucasus map coordinate are "merged" together on the map and that this in some situation when you navigate and read cordinates can have issues.... not sure if that is the problem of if i remember correctly.

As has been noted, we will add PRECISE mode later in early access.

Thanks

Hi Wags,

I was playing around with the PP JDAMs and got the impression that decimal seconds already work, if you add them after the first enter press after deg, min, sec input. I could do pretty damn precise drops with that (more about how I actually got the coordinates later ;) ).

Edited by PitbullVicious

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。

Delevero, you need to convert coordinates from decimal to arc second.

See my guide here:

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/f-a-18c-jdam-paveway-targeting/8325

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

In the current Open Beta, please use meters (not feet) to set PP target elevation for now.

Thanks

Hi again, Wags,

I had no problems with ft vs. meters when testing JDAMs (GBU38 ) today. Did I just get lucky? (tested from 23ft to 780ft elevations).

i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz | MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX3090 24GB | 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | Virpil T50CM2 base w/ F/A-18C / A-10C / Virpil T50CM2 Grip | WinWing Super Taurus Throttle | MFG pedals | TekCreations Hornet UFC, Landing Panel, Right Console | WinWing Hornet Combat Ready Panel | Buddy Fox UFC | Foxx Mount | 3 x TM Cougar MFD | HP Reverb G2 | Wacom Intuos S (with VRK) | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro & Throttle | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1

善く戦う者は、まず勝つべからざるを為して、以て敵の勝つべきを待つ。