Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

piece of art

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Sweet contribution to this community, thank you!

Releasing a Hornet UFC soon should work out well for you.

Plus, I'm not recommending to have a Viper UFC ready when the F-16C hits DCS - instead I'm shure the BMS folks would embrace such a unit for a reasonable price anytime already now.

I talked myself into it, ordered one!

I now have to figure out how I will place it between my MFD Cougars on my monitor stand so it's solid.

-=gos=-

I use Ram Mount stuff, the X-Grip is idea for phones. Just so happens that the UFC fits in the X-Grip that was designed for the iphone 6+.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Will this work as a button box on other sims such as XPlane or P3D?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Will this work as a button box on other sims such as XPlane or P3D?

don't see why not since it's DX capable. I can test with P3D when it arrives. But it is a DX device in Windows.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hey guys,

I have just started with the A10 and having a lot of fun and ordered the UFC

Everything is pretty straight forward to set up

There are however 6 additional buttons not stated in the manual

Com1, Com2, Com Sec, ECCM, IFF and IDM

Can anybody tell me to what functions I should bind these?

Hey guys,

I have just started with the A10 and having a lot of fun and ordered the UFC

Everything is pretty straight forward to set up

It is worth noting that those buttons are unassigned in a Suite 3 A-10C. For this reason there are no standard assignments within DCS.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Anything you want. They're blank in the sim, so there's no point in binding them to the sim buttons.

Anything you want. They're blank in the sim, so there's no point in binding them to the sim buttons.

I understand, but Buddy Fox must have had an idea with the buttons as he gave them specific labels related I think to communication

I am just curious what IFF, ECCM and IDM are referring to

I have Buddy Fox as well

I understand, but Buddy Fox must have had an idea with the buttons as he gave them specific labels related I think to communication

I am just curious what IFF, ECCM and IDM are referring to

I have Buddy Fox as well

The buttons are as per the REAL A-10C. The specific labels are exactly whats on the real UFC!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

That depends on what you define as 'real'. You can just as easily find real cockpit pictures where the buttons don't have labels:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7379020

And also ones that do:

A-10C Cockpit (1 of 26).jpg

In aircraft that do have the buttons labeled, most likely they work like the F16's ICP to allow the UFC to change common settings, like changing the UHF/VHF frequencies.

That depends on what you define as 'real'. You can just as easily find real cockpit pictures where the buttons don't have labels:

And also ones that do:

In aircraft that do have the buttons labeled, most likely they work like the F16's ICP to allow the UFC to change common settings, like changing the UHF/VHF frequencies.

It’s because those real aircraft didn’t have the update done yet. The A-10C we have in the game is no where near the A10C flying today.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Would it be possible to get a CAD drawing of the UFC and the screw hole locations? I'd like to make a backplate so that I can mount it to a VESA plate, and having accurate dimensions would save me the trouble of measuring everything out.

Ordered 7/16, and received 7/21...

All I can say is WOW!

One of the best DCS/flight peripherals I have had the pleasure to own.

Maps 100% to the A-10C (obviously), and with a little imagination works with every other module...

Modes/Auto-pilot/Radar/weapons etc for FC3,

Easily mapped to Harrier and F/A-18C with some tweaks

Easily mapped to M2Kc INS panel

Easily mapped to SA342 for NADIR

Wow....just wow....

Would it be possible to get a CAD drawing of the UFC and the screw hole locations? I'd like to make a backplate so that I can mount it to a VESA plate, and having accurate dimensions would save me the trouble of measuring everything out.

I try to look into this next weekend

And also ones that do:

Well we thought it would be kinda silly to not have labels on the 6 "dummy" buttons, so we did them on the best available reference.

I, for example use the COM1/COM2 for DCS:SRS, COM SEC and ECCM for Teamspeak mic/headphone mute and IFF/IDM for TrackIR Pause/Reset.

So, bottom line is "artistic freedom" :)

Edited by Bamse

I'm going to order this on the 1st...

And if you do an F-18C I'll order one of those too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I may have missed it, so I apologise if I did, but can the buttons be programmed for other modules?

Such as using it to control the UFC on the Harrier.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg