Black Shark 3? - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #171
metzger

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
From what I see is that BS 2 was released on November 2011. Every software has it's life cycle. It just unfair and un-polite to demand to get things for free. Or maybe it's only fair to demand from others to work for free? No company could run a business the way that once they release the software they provide free updates till end of the time. BS 2 is still working, its actually a great fun if you jump into it but really don't expect that you get a new features and like some expected a new version (BS 3) for free after 8 years since the release. F/A-18 is still in beta phase, prior the release and under heavy development. Try to measure your expectations as you're comparing two totally different things. This whole demands towards ED for BS 2 free updates is like complaining that Dice isn't dropping new free content for Battlefield 3 anymore... (also released in 2011).

If you follow this thread, you will see that I support with both hands this to be paid upgrade to BS3 and I am willing to pay full module price for it. I never asked for it to be free, so please familiarize with what the thread is all about before posting.

Thanks.
metzger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #172
finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmek View Post
From what I see is that BS 2 was released on November 2011. Every software has it's life cycle. It just unfair and un-polite to demand to get things for free. Or maybe it's only fair to demand from others to work for free? No company could run a business the way that once they release the software they provide free updates till end of the time. BS 2 is still working, its actually a great fun if you jump into it but really don't expect that you get a new features and like some expected a new version (BS 3) for free after 8 years since the release. F/A-18 is still in beta phase, prior the release and under heavy development. Try to measure your expectations as you're comparing two totally different things. This whole demands towards ED for BS 2 free updates is like complaining that Dice isn't dropping new free content for Battlefield 3 anymore... (also released in 2011).

I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken (bugs introduced with the new graphic engine) and not sell it at full price... or just say that it will not be full compatible with this version of DCS. It's not about a free upgrade or not, but we are talking about an update that is necessary to bring this module to the level of others, and in my opinion should be free because right now it's sold at full price
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:54 PM   #173
GunnyCook

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken (bugs introduced with the new graphic engine) and not sell it at full price... or just say that it will not be full compatible with this version of DCS. It's not about a free upgrade or not, but we are talking about an update that is necessary to bring this module to the level of others, and in my opinion should be free because right now it's sold at full price
i agree, i have paid a fair few quid out for modules for this and although i understand things have costings attached, it IS only fair that current modules are brought up to date, especially as the KA is a study sim and really needs to be fully functioning and at 50 quid i would expect it to be.

IF BS3 is just an update of BS2, then its only right that it should be a patch for those who have already paid for it and whatever for new users.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:24 AM   #174
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmatt_BFC View Post
M1Combat makes a good point, but I also understand some of the frustration that many feel with this prolonged wait. Please allow me to opine a bit on this matter.

[...]
Great post! I really wish the old rep system was still in place, that's certainly a +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch View Post
I can reply to you telling then that ED should honestly remove the module from the store because right now it's broken [...]
I agree that there are problems with the Black Shark and it doesn't quite work as advertised. The whole SAS and AP and trim stuff is difficult enough as it is, and then having to deal with the lights that simply don't reflect the current AP state, that's certainly not making things any easier.

But to be honest, even in the current state I believe BS2 is one of the most hard-core, in-depth helicopter sims available for PC, and is basically rivaled only by other DCS helicopters (as far as I know, and in my personal opinion). Yeah, there's stuff that needs to be fixed, but the DCS Ka-50 is still a beast on every virtual battlefield, and a joy to fly.