Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

hello, i just bought the Tacview Advanced, i installed it and find its icon in DCS. I try to start the program via the DCS by click on "Instant Action" by this option isn't active.

How can i activate this option to run the Tacview via the DCS?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Aviram_AD

It really depends on each server. Some are authorizing telemetry recording, other are prohibiting it. If the sever you are playing on does not enable acmi file recording, you can still record the file afterward by playing back the corresponding track file offline.

Hi Vyrtuoz, since the last update of dcs, on some servers, I can no longer see the video track of the flight, is it a problem that others have also encountered?
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Tacview telemetry recorder is running in the background from within DCS World. You can adjust a few options from DCS -> Options -> Special -> Tacview control panel. But most of the time the default values should be fine for everyone.

After your flight, you can launch the main application from Windows start menu and open the acmi file which should have been recorded in your “My Documents\Tacview” folder.

Please note that some servers are preventing telemetry recording, in that case, you may not have a readable acmi file. You can still re-record the data offline by playing back DCS world track file.

hello, i just bought the Tacview Advanced, i installed it and find its icon in DCS. I try to start the program via the DCS by click on "Instant Action" by this option isn't active.

How can i activate this option to run the Tacview via the DCS?

Thank you in advance for your support.

In general, the G force is calculated by Tacview based on your aircraft course and acceleration (averaged over one second). It is possible the G force displayed from the aircraft cockpit may have been recorded for some non FC3 aircrafts. If you see the G force in the *raw* telemetry window, then the value displayed in Tacview is the one displayed in the simulator cockpit.

Did you notice any significant discrepancy with a particular aircraft?

Hey Vyrtuoz, may I ask you how exactly are you exporting the current G force being applied to the player's aircraft?

In general, the G force is calculated by Tacview based on your aircraft course and acceleration (averaged over one second). It is possible the G force displayed from the aircraft cockpit may have been recorded for some non FC3 aircrafts. If you see the G force in the *raw* telemetry window, then the value displayed in Tacview is the one displayed in the simulator cockpit.

Did you notice any significant discrepancy with a particular aircraft?

No not really, I'm working on a small DCS plugin and thought of asking the experts.

So, has anybody prepared Skyvector png/jpg tiles for the Persian Golf yet? I have taken a look at the max. zoom resolution on Skyvector.com, and its not quite as detailed as i hoped for. I guess one could achieve a higher fidelity with open street map tiles, especially for a more detailed road and city display. Maybe do a blend of skyvector and osm imgaes, not sure how that would look :)

For an earlier version it was stated that open street map tiles are now supported. What does that mean? I thought any map that is correctly labled and in npg/jpg format would work?

Btw, what is the current state of smrt1 hgt files for dcs world maps? As i understand it, tacview comes with smrt3 files for all dcs world maps already, so i don't need to download from Jonathan de Ferranti web site or NASA server (correct me if i am wrong). Does this include smrt1 files for North America as well, or do i need to download those seperately?

Edited by sc_neo

Tacview not responding

My Standard version of Tacview used to run great. not I can even get it to start. it just keep saying not responding. Now I have got it to work using the regedit deletion it works. once I close it down and try and use it again, not responding. uninstalled it and reinstalled. Works the first time and after that, Not responding. Doesnt matter which version Im using, both stable and betas are not responding after the first time using it.

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

@sc_neo

For DCS World debriefings, you do not need to import SRTM files. Tacview already contains the terrain data from the latest versions of DCS World. This terrain is even more accurate than SRTM files because, DCS World maps may be different from reality for technical or gameplay reasons.

Have you tried to import OpenStreetMap data using MapView made by Detox?

https://www.tacview.net/download/addons/#mapview

In a few clicks you should be able to quickly evaluate which data source is the most appropriate.

@195th_Magic

I am sorry to hear that you have this random freeze on your system. Can you share me (maybe again) an export of Tacview registry branch by email? (support at tacview.net) I will investigate further what kind of variable can be an issue and may send you private builds to attempt to find a fix.

Add the Tacview section to the options.lua file in the DCS.openbeta_server\config folder and edit it as necessary

options = {
   ["graphics"] = {
       ["height"] = 600,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       ["width"] = 800,
   },
   ["miscellaneous"] = {
       ["autologin"] = true,
   },
   ["plugins"] = {
       ["LotAtc"] = {
           ["enable"] = true,
           ["profilefile"] = "arcade.lua",
       },
       ["Tacview"] = {
           ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
           ["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 1,
           ["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = false,
           ["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = false,
           ["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
           ["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 60,
           ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
           ["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
           ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
           ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
           ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
       },
   },
}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add the Tacview section to the options.lua file in the DCS.openbeta_server\config folder and edit it as necessary

options = {
   ["graphics"] = {
       ["height"] = 600,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       ["width"] = 800,
   },
   ["miscellaneous"] = {
       ["autologin"] = true,
   },
   ["plugins"] = {
       ["LotAtc"] = {
           ["enable"] = true,
       },
       ["Tacview"] = {
       },
   },
}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you, absolute legend

Thanks Takyon for your question and thanks eric963 for the spot-on answer!

We should be able to automate this in the near future so you don't have to be a hacker to make it work. :)

With the new Dedicated Server install that has no way to change the settings of tacview how do i go about changing the compression format and delay settings?

Code:

options = {

["graphics"] = {

["height"] = 600,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["width"] = 800,

},

["miscellaneous"] = {

["autologin"] = true,

},

["plugins"] = {

["LotAtc"] = {

["enable"] = true,

},

["Tacview"] = {

},

},

}

Yeah i have seen the link to Mapview and read about it on the Tacview forum. But this would produce its own set of pngs or jpgs, and not a sort of blend of the already existing (from the tacview downloadable) sky-vector custom images with osm images, right? So to make a blend of skyvector and osm images, i needed to do that in a different prgram, or can Tacview display two images for the same sector simultaneously superimposring one over the other?

Tacview does not support yet the blending of several textures sets.

MapView saves all the tiles in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\

One thing you can try is to ask MapView to generate a first set from SkyVector, copy the tiles in another folder, then generate OpenStreetMap set for example.

Then, with a picture editor you could manually blend the tiles of your choice from SkyVector with the OpenStreetMap ones in C:\ProgramData\Tacview\Data\Terrain\Textures\.

Could this do the trick?

Hi, I just started using tacview again. I have noticed a strange issue. It records a acmi file and puts it the proper folder but window almost always shown it as 1KB but if i click on it and look deeper into its properties/general tab its some other value that is consistent with an actual acmi file.

Needless to say that it does not play back...can someone please advise as to what might be the problem.

Tacview.rar

Edited by Shepherd

Hi, I just started using tacview again. I have noticed a strange issue. It records a acmi file and puts it the proper folder but window almost always shown it as 1KB but if i click on it and look deeper into its properties/general tab its some other value that is consistent with an actual acmi file.

Needless to say that it does not play back...can someone please advise as to what might be the problem.

That is not an aclmi file. '.acmi' is not even in the name.

Tacview recordings ALL end in '.zip.acmi'; EG 'Tacview-20190220-175341-DCS-Georgia_At_War_P2_v1.0.2_evening.zip.acmi'.

If you are using Windows explorer to manage your files, you absolutely must unselect 'Hide extensions for known file types' in Options -> Folder view -> Advanced settings. I would suggest having that as a default setting for the entire system.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Question(s) for the Tacview team.

I see the Object labels for 'Fuel flow', but they are never displayed. Why not?

Is there anyway to display the actual fuel amount carried?

Is there any way to show the weapons carried at any give time?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

That is not an aclmi file. '.acmi' is not even in the name.

Tacview recordings ALL end in '.zip.acmi'; EG 'Tacview-20190220-175341-DCS-Georgia_At_War_P2_v1.0.2_evening.zip.acmi'.

If you are using Windows explorer to manage your files, you absolutely must unselect 'Hide extensions for known file types' in Options -> Folder view -> Advanced settings. I would suggest having that as a default setting for the entire system.

That is no help at all...windows shows it as a acmi file...so is does have acmi in it. Look for yourself it stated as the file type.

It creates a acmi file in the desired folder but it is only 1KB where in properties it is 4KB in one example...no one has seen this before?

8<

I've noticed and even easier way; see below.

That is no help at all...windows shows it as a acmi file...so is does have acmi in it. Look for yourself it stated as the file type.

It creates a acmi file in the desired folder but it is only 1KB where in properties it is 4KB in one example...no one has seen this before?

You apparently do not understand what a file name is.

The file I downloaded is named 'Tacview.rar', which is a RAR-archive, and which contains a single file named 'Tacview.log', which contains:

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO DBG Tacview 1.7.6 Demo (14 days left) 64-bit [Mar 21 2019 12:35:48]

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [Debug v1.4.2] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [Time Zones v1.5.1] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [Telemetry Manager v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Zip Exporter v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Text Exporter v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Text Importer 2.1 v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Text Importer 1.1 v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Text Importer 1.0 v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Binary Importer 1.1 v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ACMI Binary Importer 1.0 v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [Falcon 4.0 VHS Importer v1.7.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [ZIP Archive Importer v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [GPX Importer v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [NMEA0183 Importer v1.6.4] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [KML Importer v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [CSV Importer v1.5.0] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [MAVLink Importer v1.5.3] module

2019-04-27T18:56:54Z INFO MMGR Loaded [DIS/GAE Text Importer v1.5.0] module

ALL Tacview replay files which I have generated end in '.zip.acmi' <- This is the file-extension. Google what it means, if you don't understand it.

This is the name of one of the files I've generated: 'Tacview-20190428-030722-DCS-Georgia At War v3.0.24_evening.zip.acmi'.

Contents look like this:

FileType=text/acmi/tacview

FileVersion=2.2

0,ReferenceTime=2019-04-27T14:06:05Z

0,RecordingTime=2019-04-28T01:07:22.245Z

0,Title=Georgia At War v3.0.24_evening

0,DataRecorder=DCS2ACMI 1.7.6

0,DataSource=DCS 2.5.4.30038

0,Author=Captain Orso

0,Comments=Additional Information available at https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Georgia_At_War\

\

---------------------------------------------------------\

Please take a few minutes to read the briefing once you select a slot\, it contains critical information regarding supplies at airbases and mission objectives. If you can't spawn in a certain slot it's probably because there's none of those aircraft avaialble at that airfield at that time. Anapa will ALWAYS have unlimited aircraft\

----------------------------------------------------------\

\

Russian forces has engaged in a sustained campaign pushing west toward Ukraine after a successful occupation of Georgia. A coalition of US\, French\, Ukrainian and Georgian insurgents has formed to stem the expansion and push Russian forces back to the northeast.\

\

ATIS Anapa-Vityazevo 249.000\

ATIS Krymsk 248.000\

ATIS Novorossiysk 247.000\

ATIS Gelendzhik 246.000\

ATIS Krasnodar-Center 245.000\

ATIS Krasnodar-Pashkovsky 244.000

0,ReferenceLongitude=34

0,ReferenceLatitude=39

40000001,T=5.057945|6.0749486|2000|377316.5|11042.85,Type=Navaid+Static+Bullseye,Color=Blue,Coalition=Enemies

40000002,T=5.2931281|5.999853|2000|396478.88|4118.98,Type=Navaid+Static+Bullseye,Color=Red,Coalition=Allies

#1.24

102,T=4.0785362|6.2035301|5|||3.6|299326.25|20005.17|,Type=Ground+Static+Aerodrome,Name=FARP,Color=Blue,Coalition=Enemies,Country=ru

202,T=4.9264442|6.1676448|25.07|||4.2|366208.5|20570.89|,Type=Ground+Static+Aerodrome,Name=FARP,Color=Blue,Coalition=Enemies,Country=ru

302,T=4.0907666|5.9281377|21.82|||3.6|302216.09|-10526.84|,Type=Ground+Static+Aerodrome,Name=FARP,Color=Blue,Coalition=Enemies,Country=ru

402,T=4.776536|5.835576|54.14|||4.1|357067.22|-17173.75|,Type=Ground+Static+Aerodrome,Name=FARP,Color=Red,Coalition=Allies,Country=ru

I can't find a way to explain it more simple than this. Select 'File name extensions' inside the upper circle, and see the difference between the lower two circles.

What is in the 'Name' column is the file name. If you have selected 'File name extensions' you will see the entire file name, if not, you will not see the extension.

What is in the 'Type' columns is more or less meaningless.

Tacview can only read files with the .zip.acmi extension.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209455&stc=1&d=1556442123

1888803254_WinExploFileNameExtensions.thumb.jpg.ffe6aad5b6d6ea91f345354b4535027a.jpg

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Apparently you are a little off...so let see if this works. The file attached is obviously not a acmi file. I thought that would be easily deduced. The file attached is what I believed to be a debug file that tacview produced.

My theory was to explain the issue and attach a log that some one would be kind and try to help me out but instead I got you trying to lecture me on file structure. Hope you the very best but you assistance is not needed any-longer. Thanks

Apparently you are a little off...so let see if this works. The file attached is obviously not a acmi file. I thought that would be easily deduced. The file attached is what I believed to be a debug file that tacview produced.

My theory was to explain the issue and attach a log that some one would be kind and try to help me out but instead I got you trying to lecture me on file structure. Hope you the very best but you assistance is not needed any-longer. Thanks

I understand your frustration being misunderstood, but (without picking any side) to Captain Orso's defense, in the few sentences you use to describe your problem in your original post you mention acmi files several times but never mention any log file. An since it does exist people not proficient enough with file structures making mistakes Captain Orso is implying you did, it's in my opinion not very strange he misunderstood you. If you explicitly had mentioned you attached the log file after talking so much about acmi files, no-one would have misunderstood you. To much information, how obvious it ever might appear, are almost always better than to little. It really do exist people who could have attached wrong files without noticing.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I understand your frustration being misunderstood, but (without picking any side) to Captain Orso's defense, in the few sentences you use to describe your problem in your original post you mention acmi files several times but never mention any log file. An since it does exist people not proficient enough with file structures making mistakes Captain Orso is implying you did, it's in my opinion not very strange he misunderstood you. If you explicitly had mentioned you attached the log file after talking so much about acmi files, no-one would have misunderstood you. To much information, how obvious it ever might appear, are almost always better than to little. It really do exist people who could have attached wrong files without noticing.

You know i almost put a line at the end of my original post to state that I attached a log file but thought it was obvious. So with that said your point is solid and i agree.

Please except my apologies Captain Orso :)

Edited by Shepherd